Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Happy2Play
mikeraburn

Yes deceiving.

With my new to me sound vizio 5.1 soundbar kit I get directstream on auto-detect for 

DD

DD+

DTS

AC3

MP3

There is also documentation errors in my soundbar user manual.

They state that only DD+ and DTS will work only with optical out not HDMI.

Not true.

We all have such different variables it's hard for a app designer to keep up.

But again, it all works fine for me and I am happy with the ROKU Ultra and Blue Neon. 

New Version: v3.90

* fix eac3 auto-detection

Updated all links in first post, enjoy.

EAC3 will NOT auto-detect and directstream. I need to force directstream.

Thank you for spotting the bug. Indeed I found the problem, and now eac3 is auto-detected perfectly. Update time.. heh

In your roku settings, you can also set the audio manually instead of automatically.

Settings > Audio > HDMI > (press down until) > Dolby D+ DTS

I guess i was under the assumption ultra played those files since they are listed as usb playable formats.

The ultra does play them. The issue isn't that it doesn't play them. It is your TV or AVR that cant decode the audio stream so you can hear it. The roku is simply passing-through the DTS/Dolby streams. It does this by using HDMI detection. If you have your HDMI setting on the roku set to auto detect it will try its best to set audio up correctly. if it doesn't you can set it up manually as well and tell the roku what your audio supports rather than it auto detecting. Once you do this the blue neon app is using this information to determine how best to handle your media. This setting directly influences what audio codecs will cause transcoding.

You can use the "device info" button on the home screen. This will show you what audio codecs are supported on your device. You can also use the "Media Information" button shown on the "show overview" screen. This will show you the streams within the media and what they are composed of.

• Like 1

some-stats-oct2016.jpg

Here is a view of the metrics for October 2016. Its like a roller coaster. The peaks are weekends, the dips are weekdays. We end up higher at the end of the month. Brightscript errors are also down since I've fixed a few behind the scenes based off metric info given about crashes. This is actually a pretty cool system roku has for developers. Just thought I would throw this in there so people can see for themselves how many people actually use this app.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Scott750

I installed the theme on my Roku 3 and it auto logged into my admin user account. When I tried to sign out, the app is now stuck in an endless loop for "failed to post capability" and "user profile error". No matter how many times I click ok, the dialog up box reappears. I deleted and reinstalled the app, but immediately get the error. I deleted the roku profile in emby webclient, but same issue. Any suggestions?

post-1908-14780694455984_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott750

CBers

Here is a view of the metrics for October 2016. Its like a roller coaster. The peaks are weekends, the dips are weekdays. We end up higher at the end of the month. Brightscript errors are also down since I've fixed a few behind the scenes based off metric info given about crashes. This is actually a pretty cool system roku has for developers. Just thought I would throw this in there so people can see for themselves how many people actually use this app.

That's all collected by Roku and not emby ??

Great work Speechles :)

• Like 1

mediacowboy

Are those minutes the app was open or minutes someone was watching something?

If it is the first then those number might be slightly off as I leave my Roku 3 on all day on the blue neon app.

Edited by mediacowboy

I installed the theme on my Roku 3 and it auto logged into my admin user account. When I tried to sign out, the app is now stuck in an endless loop for "failed to post capability" and "user profile error". No matter how many times I click ok, the dialog up box reappears. I deleted and reinstalled the app, but immediately get the error. I deleted the roku profile in emby webclient, but same issue. Any suggestions?

attachicon.gif20161102_014855.jpg

You used emby connect to log in. The problem is, you cant sign out when using this method. Your only option is to change servers. I need to make it hide the "sign out" if a user is using emby connect. Once signed out it wipes the connect username. Now the app has a servername + blank username = fails emby connect authentication. You are now stuck in authentication limbo.

You need to delete the blue neon app, then reinstall it. This should wipe the registry for it. Now when starting the app, if it is a local server, choose skip and manually enter the details. You can also use emby connect, but remember when doing so avoid using sign out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Are those minutes the app was open or minutes someone was watching something?

If it is the first then those number might be slightly off as I leave my Roku 3 on all day on the blue neon app.

They are minutes spent in the video player. The audio player appears not to count. The average user watches 159 minutes per session. The weekends are when the concurrent user count spikes from 61 to over 125.

mediacowboy

They are minutes spent in the video player. The audio player appears not to count. The average user watches 159 minutes per session. The weekends are when the concurrent user count spikes from 61 to over 125.

That is really awesome that you get those stats. Glad that it shows you your time is well spent on making the changes you have made.

That is really awesome that you get those stats. Glad that it shows you your time is well spent on making the changes you have made.

Yeah its not bad considering you cant find the app in the public roku store. To get the app the bar is raised significantly. You have to use this forum. You have to find the apps thread. This means it is very limited in how many are using it. This limitation means the users with access to it are more hands on. Those using the app will tend to be more adept at problem solving and communication. It wont be someone new to emby, those users use the standard app and have no idea the blue neon app even exists. I am okay with that. :)
  • Like 1

Scott750

You used emby connect to log in. The problem is, you cant sign out when using this method. Your only option is to change servers. I need to make it hide the "sign out" if a user is using emby connect. Once signed out it wipes the connect username. Now the app has a servername + blank username = fails emby connect authentication. You are now stuck in authentication limbo.

You need to delete the blue neon app, then reinstall it. This should wipe the registry for it. Now when starting the app, if it is a local server, choose skip and manually enter the details. You can also use emby connect, but remember when doing so avoid using sign out.

Thanks Speechles! First time uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work. It wouldn't ask me to select a server, just go right into the app and show me the errors. But the 2nd time I uninstalled the app, I restarted my roku first before reinstalling and was able to manually select my server. All is well again.
  • Like 1

Scott750

So something I noticed after installing Blue Neon. Movies don't play one right after the other anymore. I connect to the roku using the emby webclient, choose a movie from the playlist and select Play All From Here. After the movie finishes it doesn't move onto the next movie. Is this an issue with the webclient or the roku?

New Version: v3.85

* fix "device info" so it doesn't crash rokuTV

* fix detect rokuTV automatically

* remove "direct play mpeg1/2" preference

* fix brightscript crash

The new "device info" button was crashing rokuTV. isHDMIconnected was causing this. Removed that since roku has deprecated it in firmware 7.x. This should now allow rokuTV to use device info. *Crosses fingers*

Added a new setting isRokuTV to capabilities so mpeg1 and mpeg2 streams will direct play automatically if a rokuTV is detected. This makes the "direct play mpeg1/2" preference obsolete so it has been removed.

Also fixed the brightscript crash @@Waldonnis mentions above. ^_~

Updated all links in first post. Enjoy, and rokuTV does this fix "device info" button?

Sorry for the slow response. I'm up to app version 3.90 and the device info button does crash back to the Roku home screen still. TCL 50UP120.

Another note, the detection capabilities in the debug logs indicates truehd support... They do not mention DTS, DCA but if I force direct stream a DTS, DCA codec inside an mkv (DVD rip), it plays fine....

Sorry for the slow response. I'm up to app version 3.90 and the device info button does crash back to the Roku home screen still. TCL 50UP120.

Another note, the detection capabilities in the debug logs indicates truehd support... They do not mention DTS, DCA but if I force direct stream a DTS, DCA codec inside an mkv (DVD rip), it plays fine....

It is assuming too much can be read from the rodevice interface and causing the crash.

If FindMemberFunction(device,"Function") <> invalid

' do stuff with device.Function()

End if

Every single device function is first checked if it exists on the device before attempting to use it. Not sure which is causing the issue so wrapped every single one. I will have a new version in 15 minutes. Update your roku in an hour from now and it should get the new version I upload. This will have device info button working.

New Version: v3.91
* fix crash for rokuTV when using device info button

Self explanatory, read the post above this for more info.

Updated all links in first post, enjoy again. ;)

New Version: v3.91

* fix crash for rokuTV when using device info button

Self explanatory, read the post above this for more info.

Updated all links in first post, enjoy again. ;)

You are fast. Thanks again. Unfortunately, I see no change in the device info selection after updating to 3.91

You are fast. Thanks again. Unfortunately, I see no change in the device info selection after updating to 3.91

I can add more checks to make sure if, the function exists, that when used isnt returning invalid. I can add this second check and have a new release by tomorrow. Between these two checks it has to solve the problem.

Scott750

So something I noticed after installing Blue Neon. Movies don't play one right after the other anymore. I connect to the roku using the emby webclient, choose a movie from the playlist and select Play All From Here. After the movie finishes it doesn't move onto the next movie. Is this an issue with the webclient or the roku?

Any thoughts on this? My wife likes to have movies playing when she sleeps and would like to have the movies play one after another.

New Version: v3.92
* fix rokuTV device info button (2 strikes, 0 balls)
* fix remote playlist stopping after single play (thx @Scott750)

Okay, 3rd at bat for that damn rokuTV crashing on device info button. Hoping I nailed it and this works now for rokuTV users. Crosses fingers.

Also fixed that video playlist bug. Ive added logic to the video player to be able to self detect what it thinks it can and cannot play and have it discard items it deems it cannot. When playing via remote it was this logic getting over-zealous and skipping the items it cant read yet. This is okay when it is a remote playlist as subsequent items are read on demand so this is fine. I gave the video player the same logic the audio player already has. It now knows the difference when an item is directly played from the roku itself and when it is played from another device using the "remote control" feature.

Updated all links in first post. Update time. Enjoy ;)

Any thoughts on this? My wife likes to have movies playing when she sleeps and would like to have the movies play one after another.

Indeed and BIG THANKS for spotting this video playlist sent via "remote control" bug. As mentioned above, simply update your roku and problem is solved. Tell your wife have fun and apologies for the interruption. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

@@speechles, thank you so much for looking into this so quickly! Playlists are working perfectly.

Just an fyi, with playlists you can do this on the roku directly. When on the playlist row of the homescreen press ok on a playlist to enter the playlist screen. Then choose view playlist items. Now you can do the same as you are doing remotely from another device, entirely on the roku. Choose the item you want to start with and it will enter continuous play mode. Then choose play "in order" from the dialog. Not sure if you knew it could be done entirely on the roku itself.

If you press play on an item in a row, rather than ok, this will enter continuous play mode. This is the same continuous play dialog you will see when playing from playlists using view playlist items. This works for any video type. Not sure if you knew the continuous play mode existed or not.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Scott750

Thanks for letting me know. I'm so used to the regular emby app for roku. It would only play a single movie from a playlist. Your blue neon app has so much more functionality compared to the regular app.

• Like 1