Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Would it be possible when doing a sign out that it remembers the server?

I am running a dev server for me to test on and a stable server for the family. When I click sign out it takes me back to the select server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the logic for that was never completed. There are comments in the code (from luke) that mention one day the sign out/choose server logic needs to be untangled. Just finished a different feature request and will start on this later today. Stay tuned... :)

New Version: v3.95

* add sign-out remembers server (thx mediacowboy)

* add local,remote,livetv max bitrate preferences (thx happy2play)

* add logic to control these new bitrate preferences

Have now got the sign-out button to remember the server. This is possible by cheating a little bit. It would be very tedious to untangle the connection manager to hook into its main routine. Instead, I created a new event called "UserLogout" and wrote a new routine for the viewcontroller to accomplish it. This hooks into the connection manager neatly. If you change the preference "remember user" to NO this will remember the server (but not the user) when starting the app and it will ask you to choose a user to sign in. If you have "remember user" set to YES this will always just go right in. Hopefully this works as intended.

@@mediacowboy Let me know how this works for you.

Also added some new preferences for local, remote, and liveTV. These each have individual maximum bitrates you can set. This should address the problem of having to change the one bitrate preference manually all the time when using remote servers and liveTV. The app checks the item about to play and will choose the appropriate maximum bitrate to apply on-the-fly. This affects both the device profile max bitrate and the max transcoding bitrate. If everyone can please test these new settings and let me know if this indeed works for you.

@@Happy2Play is this cool? :)

Updated all links in first post. Let me know if my fat fingers made any mistakes. Enjoy, once again.

NOTE: Rekeyed my rokuUltra to match the same developer ID as my roku3. I packaged and deployed the app using the roku ultra. See if this has any difference at all. It shouldn't, hopefully. ;)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

mediacowboy

@@speechles, you are the man. I tested this out last night and yes it may be ugly but it keeps the wife and kids from selecting the wrong server when signing out and in. Thank you.

I decided to give your app a go again. What happened to the delete function for a episode or movie?

Nothing happened to it. If you enabled delete for that user on the server you also need to login as administrative user in the app then change the preference below.

961e9e74a92d6495211cebefa11d0539.jpg

Since collections and playlists can be deleted by anyone this extra check keeps users from deleting these accidentally.

NOTE: Once delete is enabled this still requires that user have delete privilege on the server to show the delete button. The in-app setting is a master-switch on/off to prevent remote users of emby servers from deleting collections/playlists. This is why allow delete is no by default. Emby allows any user to delete collections/playlists. This is why an administrator needs to login to the app to enable delete. Normal users cant enable delete and will get a dialog telling them to see an administrator to enable it.

Edited by speechles

*** IGNORE - Fixed *** - I had changed one of the convert options from default and that is what caused the rebooting of the Roku - Its back to DEFAULT now - and im not going to play with any of those again!

My roku is crashing now - only on blue neon night.

Tried three shows - all work fine on the normal roku emby client (and plex but that is not relevant).  

The Roku reboots when I try these with blue neon night (which I have used for ages).

The logs are all ffmpeg_remux when this crashes and a sample shown below.

Thanks.

http://192.168.1.10:8096/emby/videos/cd5b16744b0b99c28f7c1bba090c2fa3/hls1/main/1.ts?DeviceId=4124DD038485&MediaSourceId=cd5b16744b0b99c28f7c1bba090c2fa3&VideoCodec=mpeg4&AudioCodec=aac&AudioStreamIndex=1&VideoBitrate=29872000&AudioBitrate=128000&MaxAudioChannels=2&MaxFramerate=30&MaxWidth=1920&MaxHeight=1080&MaxRefFrames=12&MaxVideoBitDepth=8&PlaySessionId=635f8f4ec3e9456a8fb16a8773d8c7c6&api_key=759431138de64a7f9936d94fc97342d5&CopyTimestamps=false&EnableSubtitlesInManifest=false&Tag=d640382533fb386ec8662294c861bfcf&EnableSplittingOnNonKeyFrames=false

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"cd5b16744b0b99c28f7c1bba090c2fa3","Path":"\\\\192.168.1.5\\Media\\TVShows\\The Killing\\Season 1\\The Killing (2011) - [01x01] - Pilot.avi","Type":"Default","Container":"avi","Name":"SD/MPEG4/MP3","ETag":"d640382533fb386ec8662294c861bfcf","RunTimeTicks":53197440000,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"VideoType":"VideoFile","MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"mpeg4","CodecTag":"XVID","TimeBase":"125000/2997003","CodecTimeBase":"1001/24000","IsInterlaced":false,"BitRate":936582,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":352,"Width":624,"AverageFrameRate":23.97602,"RealFrameRate":23.97602,"Profile":"Advanced Simple Profile","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"16:9","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":5,"IsAnamorphic":false},{"Codec":"mp3","TimeBase":"3/125","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","DisplayTitle":"MP3 stereo","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"stereo","BitRate":128000,"Channels":2,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0}],"PlayableStreamFileNames":[],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":1104565,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe -ss 00:00:06.000 -i file:"\\192.168.1.5\Media\TVShows\The Killing\Season 1\The Killing (2011) - [01x01] - Pilot.avi" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 copy -flags -global_header -copyts -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1" -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -hls_time 6 -start_number 1 -hls_list_size 0 -y "C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\cea84a4935931b7ecadee08e94e9af3e.m3u8"

ffmpeg version N-79277-g0c90b2e Copyright © 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 5.3.0 (GCC)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmfx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-decklink --enable-zlib
libavutil 55. 20.100 / 55. 20.100
libavcodec 57. 34.100 / 57. 34.100
libavformat 57. 32.100 / 57. 32.100
libavdevice 57. 0.101 / 57. 0.101
libavfilter 6. 41.100 / 6. 41.100
libswscale 4. 1.100 / 4. 1.100
libswresample 2. 0.101 / 2. 0.101
libpostproc 54. 0.100 / 54. 0.100
Input #0, avi, from 'file:\\192.168.1.5\Media\TVShows\The Killing\Season 1\The Killing (2011) - [01x01] - Pilot.avi':
Metadata:
encoder : transcode-1.0.4
Duration: 01:28:39.74, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1104 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 624x352 [sAR 1:1 DAR 39:22], 936 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 23.98 tbc
Stream #0:1: Audio: mp3 (U[0][0][0] / 0x0055), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 128 kb/s

Edited by vaise

*** IGNORE - Fixed *** - I had changed one of the convert options from default and that is what caused the rebooting of the Roku - Its back to DEFAULT now - and im not going to play with any of those again!

My roku is crashing now - only on blue neon night.

Tried three shows - all work fine on the normal roku emby client (and plex but that is not relevant).  

The Roku reboots when I try these with blue neon night (which I have used for ages).

The logs are all ffmpeg_remux when this crashes and a sample shown below.

Thanks.

<snipped sample shown below>

You've changed "convert mpeg4 to h264" to NO? This is what it looks like. Emby of today, now uses adaptive streaming on the roku and this preference isn't possible to change now. Emby also can stream copy making this preference needless too. This would've worked when emby was using non-adaptive streaming and wasn't stream copying, but transcoding in keyframe intervals. This would copy in the mpeg4 stream and since it wasn't adaptive it could work to minimize transcoding.

This preference is no longer advisable to change or all your XVID/mpeg4/avi will produce unpredictable results (ie, crash the roku "taylor swift"-ly). Glad you've sorted that out. The rest you can feel safe in changing to experiment, but convert mpeg4 to h264 you must leave default. I encourage you to change all the others just to see what they do. The "Fallback Retries" you can make work through multiple errors. I just made the default be 1, you can change this higher too, then multiple errors will cause the video player to respawn and resume itself automatically. The default are just suggestions, they arent what is best. So use these to your advantage and change the ones that sound interesting. You should be able to figure out what all of them do if I did it right. ;)

Also, don't change "enable debug" to YES and just leave it there. The app is constantly writing to internal TMP space when debug is yes. This is how you can use the debug screen to view what is there. What happens on the roku3 I test with is this will cause the roku to lockup when playing music or videos eventually. The roku runs out of workable "heap" space and the video/audio player will freeze. After this the device hangs. So I recommend using debug when curious, or you have problems, but not as an everyday option to leave enabled. ^_~

Edited by speechles

Hi Speahless - thats exactly what I changed yes.....  

Since I got a shiny new (and $500+) I7 CPU, transcoding is no longer an issue for me like it was.  I should leave stuff alone.....

Scott750

Also, don't change "enable debug" to YES and just leave it there. The app is constantly writing to internal TMP space when debug is yes. This is how you can use the debug screen to view what is there. What happens on the roku3 I test with is this will cause the roku to lockup when playing music or videos eventually. The roku runs out of workable "heap" space and the video/audio player will freeze. After this the device hangs. So I recommend using debug when curious, or you have problems, but not as an everyday option to leave enabled. ^_~

Is there a way to delete old debug files?

Is there a way to delete old debug files?

Of course, you can use the "clear logs" button on the debug logs screen... or.. Just restart the app as everytime it opens you start with fresh TMP:// space. There is no way to keep old debug logs because of this. The logs are created from time the app opened, until you leave the app. Once you leave the app logs are gone. Logs are only created if "enable debug" is set to YES.

Scott750

Ok thanks for explaining. I forgot I've left my debug set to ON for weeks now. But I close the app when I'm done watching. Force of habit saved me. Lol

New Version: v3.96

* add support for mixed libraries

* add mixed-library audio player capability

* add audio support to videospringboard

Now there is complete support for mixed library types. Audio files can be directly played or displayed from within these mixed types. The app will sort out the non-audio files and create a playlist based on the audio files encountered. This also adds audio support to the videospringboard.

Enjoy, and if you find any issues, shout em out. Updated all links in first post. Have fun. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Diedrich

It's been since you first developed BNN that I used your app. I installed it again last week and I'm loving it! Thank you so much for improving upon and maintaining a stable and capable app.

• Like 1

@

Thanks for the compliments. heh. It isn't a pretty face, but she has a banging body. LOL. I use the roku as my primary device connected to the TV. So shortcomings in the app to me weren't the looks. It was about much more than that, there were major things missing to complete it IMO. The one area more work needs to be done is "live playlist" support. So you can add/remove audio/video items into a queue as you browse. This will also allow you to create/delete/edit playlists from the roku itself. This is still very much on the to-do list for next year, probably. :)

• Like 1

Diedrich

@speechless do you have A PayPal, Google Wallet or other way I can kick you some cash. I believe in supporting those who have invested countless hours and produce quality products.

• Like 1

mikeraburn

Yes please.

I'd love to buy him a beverage or two also.

@speechless do you have A PayPal, Google Wallet or other way I can kick you some cash. I believe in supporting those who have invested countless hours and produce quality products.

@ @@mikeraburn

This is the paypal that allows donations to me, and thank you. :)

Also.. check this out...

9a3342bfce2e2817f07166756fe8fa82.jpg

This mimics the home screen of the web client. Click on favorites and every favorite you have appears in your entire library. This makes it easier to manage these in one place. The same is done for continue watching, everything with a resume point in your entire library is shown on this one screen. Quite convenient. The continue watching is sorted by date played in descending order. Favorites are sorted by sortname in ascending order.

5bda9f9a9e97b221d6f0506540fe4154.jpg

This is separated by the same 15 item-types search shows. This keeps the look consistant. I am still doing some testing on this and finalizing the look, but expect this to be in the next update (few hours from now). :)

Edit: I like the look of the 8 bit style heart for favorites (big zelda fan) hence why it looks silly. [emoji14]

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

@@speechles

1. Thank you for finally allowing us to show our appreciation for all the work you have done and continue to do on Blue Neon.

2. GET OUT OF MY HEAD. Today I was actually looking in the server settings to see if I could do what you are speaking about above. I would greatly appreciate having one single area to look in for ALL of my favorites.

The continue watching section is just an added bonus!

Again, thanks

New Version: v3.97
* add favorite/continue watching screen to view all
* add icons for favorite/continue watching to both themes
* change order of homescreen options row icon placements

Now you can have ALL of your favorites (or resumable) items shown on one screen. The continue watching is sorted by date added in descending order. The most current items you've left off on will be easily found. The favorites is sorted by sortname and ascending order. This makes the most sense. The context * button switcher will let you change this, but your changes wont have any affect since the best way to view these is presented. These are separated into item types. These are some of the same 15 (12 actually) item-types used in the search screen. This seems the best way to show everything and not feel overwhelmed. The three not shown were removed as they take too long to populate if filter=isfavorite is used. This means your favorite studios, genres, and people will not be shown. Hopefully this is acceptable.

Also changed the track list and now playing icons from the front of the options row to the end. This makes adding the extra 2 icon buttons (favorites/resume) easier to fit in.

Updated all links in first post. Any issues/bugs/comments feel free to post. Have fun.

• Like 1

New Version: v3.98
* add latest button to options row

This gives the same "one-click" ability as favorites and continue watching. Now you can see all your latest items on one screen from one single button with one easy click. They are sorted by date added in descending order and limited to 100 items per row. This should make it easier to have one consistant place to find newly added items.

2a232d98d378bc947c2779c603e5492d.jpg

be1f67ed979284ce959c5af579aded24.jpg

The rows are not based per library, this works the same way search, favorites, and continue watching works. It is separated by item types. I had already started work on this earlier. But this thead inspired me to get this done quickly.

Updated all links in first post. Enjoy :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

dredd1963

Morning Speechles

Having a problem some of my films not scaling to my tv screen, the tv will not allow then zoom to fill the screen. The tv does not have this function.

Would you be able to add this function to your brillant app.

Many regards

Morning Speechles

Having a problem some of my films not scaling to my tv screen, the tv will not allow then zoom to fill the screen. The tv does not have this function.

Would you be able to add this function to your brillant app.

Many regards

Do you have a sample of that video?

Is this a 16:9 video being shown in 4:3? There are black bars all the way around the video?

The roku does allow zoom using setDestinationRect(x,y,h,w) but this offset is done by pixel. I would need the video to be able to set the right pixel offsets to zoom it. If you can provide the video, or a sample of it, it might be possible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles