Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Yep I have done this many times before. I will do it tomorrow or Friday as it was a long day at work and going to bed early. I'll report back as soon as possible.

I think... I know what it is. Its related to allowing a user to sign out and go directly to the choose user screen and not the choose server screen. One of the changes I made. There is the possibility it can write the value of invalid into the registry for the userProfile array. The homescreen depends on this, so on viewcontroller hand off to the homescreen.. crash..

It would stay in this condition until the registry was reset. So delete blueneon should ask, "are you sure?". When it does that it will also delete the registry when it deletes the app. Then reinstall the app, new clean app registry and fine again. But yours isnt fine you said after doing this.

So could be in the servers "devices" tab of the dashboard. Find any roku ones and delete them all. Now restart the app, it should work and show in devices.

Edited by speechles

mediacowboy

So could be in the servers "devices" tab of the dashboard. Find any roku ones and delete them all. Now restart the app, it should work and show in devices.

Tries this to. Deleted blue neon. Deleted all devices restarted server. Restarted Roku. Re-downloaded blue neon and wham same issue.

Tries this to. Deleted blue neon. Deleted all devices restarted server. Restarted Roku. Re-downloaded blue neon and wham same issue.

Are you using "remember user" ?

I think I am going to make another roku app. Its sole function will be to wipe the app registry for the developer key. Both it and blue neon will share that same dev key. This way, any problems load the other app, and answer the single dialog, yes or no. This way you can be sure the registry is wiped.

Edited by speechles

mediacowboy

Up until tonight everything was working fine. I do not know when I updated to the new build.

mikeraburn

With the new OSD it looks to have a lot real estate left over, it may not....

But is it possible to bring in a clock showing the current time?

Top right side?

Maybe even a file ending time??

Just random ramblings....

Up until tonight everything was working fine. I do not know when I updated to the new build.

Odd part is I didnt make changes to those sections that login in the last few versions. This is why it is weird for me too. It shouldnt be this way. I will write the "Clear BlueNeon Registry" app tonight. Stay tuned.. :) Edited by speechles

With the new OSD it looks to have a lot real estate left over, it may not....

But is it possible to bring in a clock showing the current time?

Top right side?

Maybe even a file ending time??

Just random ramblings....

Yeah, possible.. but.. it doesnt update as it is onscreen. I was thinking of showing clock, ending time, other stuff.. but you cant have things that need updating there. If you dont mind that while the OSD is onscreen and values arent update as its onscreen then maybe this is possible.

I am exploit a "loop hole" in the releaseDate field of the OSD. Roku isnt truncating this one for length, it is every other field. So can use that to show all this extra text. The width of the widest part of this text sets the runtime and rating/audio in differing spots. You can see this isnt aligned at times and this is why.

Damn good ideas as usual. :)

Edited by speechles

knowlzy10

Hi i'm having a problem when i sideload this onto my now tv box,  Whenever i put it on if its replace the emby zip or as a fresh install after a clean reset of the box i'm always stuck on the retrieving screen it never gets past this, on a fresh install it allows me to enter pin etc but then gets stuck on the same screen.  If i replace it with the original emby zip for now tv it works ok,  any ideas?

dredd1963

Having the same problem myself,reset my sons nowtv box and the problem remains. As i have same box downstairs, so until this issue as been resolved I won't be updating.

Verson 4.02 i believe.

I think that's when I started encountering the problem, noticed it was updated 31st of Jan so tried that one and still same issues, I'll just have to use the other version until it's fixed

Edit: didn't realise I was logged in on daughters account

Edited by Chloe15

New Version: v4.05
* fix remote-control video player issue
* fix standard theme icons
* add higher settings to fallback retries
* fix login and command set issues

The remote control is a neat feature, one might even say, AWESOME FEATURE!! When the app is already playing a video, and you attempted to send a video by remote-control to it, this would just stop the presently playing video. It wouldn't play the video you sent by remote-control unless the video player was already stopped. This issue has now been addressed. If the video player is running then it will mark a resume point, close the video player, and immediately spawn another video player with whatever is sent via remote-control. This works with both "play" and "resume" functions and makes it work the same way whether the roku is playing something or isn't.

The standard theme was missing some icons, and a few others needed cleaning up to adjust black levels. The standard theme isn't really black (0,0,0), its a subtle shade of greyish, darkish black (25,25,25).

Made a really high number (99 [max]) for the fallback retries preference. This will make it work through multiple video player errors and respawn itself. When using 99 [max], it may repeat and just error at the same spot over and over. Each time it errors is counted as a retry, so eventually with 99 as the max it will not run infinitely. Useful for debug purposes when people have problem videos, enable this max can help the video player stumble through multiple errors and keep the video rolling.

Adjusted the way the app is storing the userProfile. Removed the 2 places (viewcontroller/loginscreen) where this could cause an endless login process and/or possibly cause a brightscript crash leading it to hang on a retrieving screen or crashing the app. Also removed the "split" command when used on strings. This is a 7.1 firmware only command and some NowTV units may not have this firmware version (this was the big change in 4.02). Reverted the 2 string splits to regex splits which all firmware allow.

Updated all links in first post, even zips. Any users with issues please try this version out. Lets see if this passes muster. ;)

Also, special extra for sideloaders, zip forkers, and those interested in seeing sources...
Http://ereader.kiczek.com/blueneon_complete

This is an archive of all past blueneon releases. Where old1 is first version I've done, old2 the next, and so on. With more recent versions I gave these version numbers at the end, rather than just oldXXX naming. The simple version wasn't available at the start, this is why simple starts at old51 and not old1. You can use these to rollback versions if you have issues. If you can rollback and tell me the version that works (when the present version doesnt) I can compare and see where Ive made mistakes. Thanks ;)

@@mediacowboy does this new version work for you?

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

mediacowboy

Same issue when I got home. Removed the app, restarted, and reinstalled. Now I can't even get logged in. Any account I try is saying invalid username and password. I am feeling under the weather so I will not be testing tonight but wanted to update you.

App Version 4.0 build 5

Edited by mediacowboy

Happy2Play

Another issue I noticed today is if you log out and select switch servers and try to login different server, you get invalid username/password.  But if you exit and re-launch app you are able to log in to the other server.

I havent had any complaints from my users on logging in on my end but this extra login on older version is still happening on my server dashboard. I know you got other things to figure out first but thought I would let you know.

58946369967f3_Untitled1.jpg

dredd1963

Hi

Had to roll back to v401 on my nowtv box. The latest version got as far to let select a user to click and came with unauthorised password or user, although no password was asigned to the users.

Thanks for releasing the previous versions this will a great help in future.

Keep up the good work.

mediacowboy

So I side loaded Version 4.0 Build 4 and I am able to log in but nothing else is loading.

Debug below:

------ Running dev 'Emby Blue Neon Night' main ------

BrightScript Micro Debugger.
Enter any BrightScript statement, debug commands, or HELP.

Current Function:
1328:  function MissOrUp(i as Object) as String
1329:   tr = CreateObject("roDateTime")
1330:*  dt = i.PremiereDate.split("T")
1331:   releaseDate = dt[0]
1332:   Airtime = left(dt[1],8)
1333:   if releaseDate = invalid then releaseDate = i.StartDate
1334:
Interface not a member of BrightScript Component (runtime error &hf3) in pkg:/so                                                                                                                                                             urce/GeneralMetadata.brs(1330)
1330:   dt = i.PremiereDate.split("T")
Backtrace:
#6  Function missorup(i As Object) As String
   file/line: pkg:/source/GeneralMetadata.brs(1330)
#5  Function getmetadatafromserveritem(i As Object, imagetype As Integer, primar                                                                                                                                                             yimagestyle As String, mode As String) As Object
   file/line: pkg:/source/GeneralMetadata.brs(275)
#4  Function parselivetvprogramsresponse(response As Dynamic) As Object
   file/line: pkg:/source/LiveTvMetadata.brs(84)
#3  Function parsehomescreenresult(row As Integer, id As String, startindex As I                                                                                                                                                             nteger, json As String) As Object
   file/line: pkg:/source/HomeScreen.brs(766)
#2  Function loaderonurlevent(msg As Dynamic, requestcontext As Dynamic) As Void
   file/line: pkg:/source/PaginatedDataLoader.brs(218)
#1  Function vcshow() As Void
   file/line: pkg:/source/ViewController.brs(647)
#0  Function main() As Void
   file/line: pkg:/source/appMain.brs(21)
Local Variables:
i                roAssociativeArray refcnt=4 count:16
global           Interface:ifGlobal
m                roAssociativeArray refcnt=5 count:30
tr               bsc:roDateTime refcnt=1
dt               <uninitialized>
releasedate      <uninitialized>
airtime          <uninitialized>
rd               <uninitialized>
hours            <uninitialized>
mins             <uninitialized>
r                <uninitialized>
match            <uninitialized>
hour             <uninitialized>
mi               <uninitialized>
stamp            <uninitialized>
t                <uninitialized>
local            <uninitialized>
l                <uninitialized>
tp               <uninitialized>

Brightscript Debugger>

5894be6207deb_dev.jpg

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Sideloaded V4.05 to see why it wouldnt log me in. I never get the new app setup. It just detects my server and logs me in but I am getting the following errors. Nothing is loading and getting the Capabilities Error. 

5894bd5171ba1_CapabilitiesError.jpg

5894bd6042e67_nothingloaded.jpg

Debug Windows:

------ Running dev 'Emby Blue Neon Night' main ------

BrightScript Micro Debugger.
Enter any BrightScript statement, debug commands, or HELP.

Current Function:
1324:  function MissOrUp(i as Object) as String
1325:   tr = CreateObject("roDateTime")
1326:          r = CreateObject("roRegex", "T", "")
1327:*  dt = r.Split(i.PremiereDate)
1328:   releaseDate = dt[0]
1329:   if releaseDate = invalid then releaseDate = i.StartDate
1330:
1331:   ' missorup is always episodes
Type Mismatch. (runtime error &h18) in pkg:/source/GeneralMetadata.brs(1327)
1327:   dt = r.Split(i.PremiereDate)
Backtrace:
#6  Function missorup(i As Object) As String
   file/line: pkg:/source/GeneralMetadata.brs(1327)
#5  Function getmetadatafromserveritem(i As Object, imagetype As Integer, primar                                                                                                                                                             yimagestyle As String, mode As String) As Object
   file/line: pkg:/source/GeneralMetadata.brs(275)
#4  Function parselivetvprogramsresponse(response As Dynamic) As Object
   file/line: pkg:/source/LiveTvMetadata.brs(84)
#3  Function parsehomescreenresult(row As Integer, id As String, startindex As I                                                                                                                                                             nteger, json As String) As Object
   file/line: pkg:/source/HomeScreen.brs(766)
#2  Function loaderonurlevent(msg As Dynamic, requestcontext As Dynamic) As Void
   file/line: pkg:/source/PaginatedDataLoader.brs(218)
#1  Function vcshow() As Void
   file/line: pkg:/source/ViewController.brs(647)
#0  Function main() As Void
   file/line: pkg:/source/appMain.brs(21)
Local Variables:
i                roAssociativeArray refcnt=4 count:16
global           Interface:ifGlobal
m                roAssociativeArray refcnt=5 count:31
tr               bsc:roDateTime refcnt=1
r                bsc:roRegex refcnt=2
dt               <uninitialized>
releasedate      <uninitialized>
rd               <uninitialized>
hours            <uninitialized>
mins             <uninitialized>
match            <uninitialized>
hour             <uninitialized>
mi               <uninitialized>
stamp            <uninitialized>
t                <uninitialized>
local            <uninitialized>
l                <uninitialized>
tp               <uninitialized>

Brightscript Debugger>

mediacowboy

Removing the stable app, rebooting, and then sideloading did not make any change in the way it loaded or worked.