Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Thanks for letting me know. I'm so used to the regular emby app for roku. It would only play a single movie from a playlist. Your blue neon app has so much more functionality compared to the regular app.

Have you noticed the differences in search?

Enter the search screen, type just "a" and press the play button on the remote. You should notice a difference, especially if you have music. Search on this app is the best of any app/client so its worth mentioning. This is why the app has search as the first thing when entering the homescreen, rather than placing it at the bottom. It deserves top billing. :)

The roku is my primary emby device. Having the app do everything all the other apps can do is important. For example, you can use the "remote control" interface when connected to the roku. You already know you can do this. But, choose the controls tab and use the "send text" feature to send text to the roku. This will pop up instant dialogs over anything the user is doing, even playing videos. This lets you send notes to others on the device just like you can all the other apps. This is primarily for parents to send "bedtime in 10 minutes - love mom" type messages to their children.

The main point of the app was to give emby an rarflix like plex has. So think of this app in the same way.

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

I am going crazy, or am I?

Now the same file that was direct-streaming DTS is now transcoding it acc on autodetect.

I did another restart of the Roku Ultra and now it just does Transcode on autodetect.

My vizio book said that it would only decode DD and DTS using optical, which wasn't the case last weekend.

I may plug that in and see what happens.

The Roku Ultra just did an update tonight to  7.2.2 Build 7129-29

I am going crazy, or am I?

Now the same file that was direct-streaming DTS is now transcoding it acc on autodetect.

I did another restart of the Roku Ultra and now it just does Transcode on autodetect.

My vizio book said that it would only decode DD and DTS using optical, which wasn't the case last weekend.

I may plug that in and see what happens.

The Roku Ultra just did an update tonight to  7.2.2 Build 7129-29

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36572-movie-stream-stops-and-wont-resume/?p=382779

My roku3 updated to 7.5.x today.. :)

You should be getting 7.5 on your ultra soon.

When you use the "device info" button does it show DTS listed in the [audio decode info] ?

If it doesn't the roku doesnt detect you can pass that codec through. You need to force it. Don't use auto-detect on the roku HDMI setting. Click all the way to the bottom. Especially if direct-stream lets you play DTS and you can hear it.

mikeraburn

DTS is not listed in device info.

I did go down to the bottom,still transcodes,

When I force direct play there is no audio but hitting info it shows that it is a DTS file.

I am not even getting the DD signal on the bar through the ROKU but I am getting it from OVER THE ANTENNA.

I swear I was getting direct stream DTS and DD last weekend.

I was checking the indicator lights and was not using optical.

mikeraburn

One more thing,

Since this update I am getting the audio clicks and what not when you cycle through the ROKU GUI.

Prior to this update I was not getting them since hooking up the ROKU ULTRA on day one.

That was prior to the sound bar, VIZIO SB3851 DO

DTS is not listed in device info.

I did go down to the bottom,still transcodes,

When I force direct play there is no audio but hitting info it shows that it is a DTS file.

I am not even getting the DD signal on the bar through the ROKU but I am getting it from OVER THE ANTENNA.

I swear I was getting direct stream DTS and DD last weekend.

I was checking the indicator lights and was not using optical.

In your roku settings:

Settings > Audio > HDMI > (press down until) > Dolby D+ DTS

Make sure you tell the roku you have them all. Dont leave this on auto-detect. Now the roku will think you have them and pass them all through without transcoding. But can you hear sound on your equipment for DTS and DD+ now? The "more ..." button should have DD+ DTS next to it if you force it without using auto-detect.

I have to force DD+ on the hdmi settings. I chose Dolby D+ rather than just Dolby and now I can get eac3 to work on my roku3. My Vizio TV doesn't report over hdmi it allows DD+ but it does, just not in 7.1, only 5.1. So I force Dobly D+ and presto, using auto-detect it flops back to Dolby only.

Hopefully when the 7.5.x firmware hits your ultra all the bugs are ironed out. I swear to you the logic in the app regarding audio and video is top notch and the best detection possible. I didn't cut any corners in that regard. :)

mikeraburn

I'm off the Crazy Train.

MY perfect recipe is Dolby D and DTS.

I am back to "normal".

EAC3, DTS, DD, all direct streaming and my lights for DD and DTS are lighting up as advertised.

At "More" I see DD+, DTS.

Setting it @ Dolby D+ DTS shut off all audio. ALL AUDIO.

Thanks for the pep talk.

I was not implying it was Blue NEON but rather the update Friday.

It was all good to go prior and I am pretty sure I didn't mess with my settings.

Especially when they were GOOD.

Now it's too late to start a movie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,damn.

Scott750

In playlists, I noticed that if I have several movies from a series (Rocky 1, Rocky 2, Rocky 3, etc) they are grouped into a collection. When I go to choose the first movie to watch, I have to go into the collection and can only play the movies inside the collection. Once they are played, the roku stops. Any chance to not have movies grouped into collections when inside a playlist?

mikeraburn

So due to my "expert analysis and vast knowledge" of Roku I have deduced that my Roku update, in combination with my audio set-up, I can no longer let the Roku auto-detect in the Roku master audio settings. 

That is where it was set prior to the 11-4-2016 update.

"Dolby D and DTS" in the Roku master audio settings is my current need and all works well.

I cannot wait until the next Roku update to see what they throw at me!

mikeraburn

My "other" issue is the NIGHT MODE in Roku Audio master settings!

Reading comprehension isn't my strong suit.

It plainly states that night mode will only put out stereo when selected!!!

NOW I GET IT!!

I was watching a 2ch file and wanted to hear the dialogue better so I activated it.

Swapped back to a 5.1 DTS file,,,,,trans-code.................

Deactivated night mode, WHOMP, DTS direct stream on auto.

I hope this babble isn't annoying and hopefully help to someone dense like me.

Edited by mikeraburn
  • Like 1

techworld

Hi,

I notice that Emby log the playing device with IP such as Google Chrome, and cell phones, but I don't see it log IP address for Roku.

Anybody experience this?

Hi,

I notice that Emby log the playing device with IP such as Google Chrome, and cell phones, but I don't see it log IP address for Roku.

Anybody experience this?

Not following 100%. Which logs? The server logs arent showing the roku IP address? The in-app debug logs isnt? My roku IP is logged in both. Can you provide more details to explain what you mean?

mikeraburn

Hi,

Anybody experience this?

In the server gui / manage server / dashboard it shows recent activity and shows the the Roku' s IP when and then all of your activity during that session.

In playlists, I noticed that if I have several movies from a series (Rocky 1, Rocky 2, Rocky 3, etc) they are grouped into a collection. When I go to choose the first movie to watch, I have to go into the collection and can only play the movies inside the collection. Once they are played, the roku stops. Any chance to not have movies grouped into collections when inside a playlist?

Sure, I can add the &CollapseBoxSetItems=false to the view playlist items. Seems like this shouldve been included from the start too. Nice catch. I will have an update for this soon. Edited by speechles

New Version: v3.93

* fix view playlist to not collapse boxsets

Fixes the boxsets. Now it will not collapse these if they are part of a playlist.

Updated all links in first post. Enjoy. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Thanks for fixing this! I'll update when I get home from work tonight. =)

You will also find the overview shows up for each playlist item. This was an oversight it not showing before. You can also press * on the view playlist screen. This will allow more abilities.
  • Like 1

techworld

I'm talking about the server's log in the dashboard under "Recent Activity".

I have a friend that using a Roku played movies remotely from his home, but his IP didn't show.

Happy2Play

I'm talking about the server's log in the dashboard under "Recent Activity".

I have a friend that using a Roku played movies remotely from his home, but his IP didn't show.

How is he connecting, directly or through Emby Connect?

Edited by Happy2Play

techworld

He connecting directly with non-https.

I know this section isn't about server issue.

So, thanks for the prompt responses, guys.

This is not an urgent issue. I'm just curious to know why other mobile devices show IP addresses, but not on Roku.

Edited by techworld

Happy2Play

It shows when I log into the app on the Roku but nothing after that with start and stop events.  Are you not seeing the user online event?

Media is online from Media Roku (BlueNeon)
11/5/2016 7:44:27 pm
Ip address: 192.168.xxx.x

Media has started playing I.T.
11/5/2016 7:45:00 pm
App: Roku, Device: Media Roku (BlueNeon)

@@techworld

What probably happened is his roku screen saver came on and the roku went into low power idle. When this happens the app loses ability to communicate with the server. When it wakes up, the app isnt reporting to the server the "navigation" event when this occurs. The roku doesnt give us an event for "back from sleep" so the viewcontroller doesnt cause a screen update. I know of no way to trap this and cause an update.

But.. like @@Happy2Play said, the start/stop and other events from the app and user should be logged in recent activity. The moment they start to do anything else other than navigation the viewcontroller will alert the now playing manager which will dispatch the event to your emby server. At this point the users will appear as active.

Is this what is happening?

If they stay connected for long periods of time like this, drifting in and out of the screen saver its possible the event with their ip showing them login was hours/days ago. Especially if they use their roku strictly for emby and never leave the app.

FYI to all: I am going to remove the now playing updates for pause and resume sent to the server. This is causing the multiple "starts" for items in recent activity, which is probably confusing users. The server doesnt show you pause events anyways, you notice they are paused because their watched time is not incrementing. Plus the resume generating those extra starts is just bad form. The next update will have this included.

Edited by speechles

techworld

He not using the Blue Neon app, but the regular version.

He played the movies for several hours that should give the Roku enough time to send the info to Emby server.

KidNamedCudi

Hey Speechles

Any chance I could ask for an added feature?

I love the fact that I can hit play on a Roku tile for a tv show and select to play "in Order from x to n". Currently I used this most when going to sleep at night so that if I am still awake I do not need to select another episode for it to continue playing. However, when I go to find the last episode I remember watching it has played most if not all of that season (due to selecting play x through n episodes). 

Is there any chance a Play Next 3 or Play Next 5 option could be added? That would be much more appealing to me and I think others would find it useful as well.

Either way thanks for the great app! I use it daily!

Edited by KidNamedCudi

@@techworld

When the user first logs into and authenticates their IP is shown in recent activity. The rest of the events that are generated you see the app they used, their username, and what they started or stopped streaming. The IP isnt repeated in these events.

The roku doesnt force the user to leave an app when it is sleeping. The roku does perform updates as it sleeps. If the app has an update while the roku sleeps, the user has to leave the app for the roku to update it. When you wake the roku it is on the roku homescreen, not in the app anymore.

So it is possible they couldve logged in months ago if it is the standard app. The standard app has been awhile since its had an update. They could have been in the app that entire time logged into your server. Since the server only exposes the IP in recent activity for logins, and they've been logged in for months, this would explain the issue.

If you use the blue neon app, you may have noticed you let it sleep in app, and came back woke it up, and its on the roku homescreen no longer in app. This is because the updates are fairly frequent for the blue neon app. This would force users to login more frequently with the blue neon app as their roku wakes from sleep.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles