Theme: blue neon night

speechles

He is right.

By the way, any eta on the live playlist for Roku?

Not off-hand no. I dont commit myself to any timeframe. That would mean prioritize this app higher in my life. I just get bored, and start to hammer on the keyboard and sometimes I get curious about the roku. This is when I compare the app against android TV, the web client, etc.. and see where the app is lacking. Right now there are only a few areas functionality wise. You are noticing one of these glaring omissions. I apologize it isnt there yet. I understand you need the feature for your use case. I wish there were other roku guys (and girls, @@Angelblue05 has a roku?) who could help out and tackle these situations.

That feature would require a new screen type made for editing video playlists. Then I would have to add a way to edit music playlists. This will require some time to get there. I have to visualize in my head how someone on a roku would feel most familiar and see how other apps do this. On a roku it has to be so simple a caveman can use it. The roku interface is not friendly to develop these features on either. It will require pop up dialogs and a pop up keyboard screen. This is why I havent tackled it yet. It is daunting. It scares me thinking about bug chasing all the issues raised during the implementation. All the cursing I do when code doesnt work the first 45 times. OMG!! Why doesnt the roku like me. Ive said that over 100 times.

I'm sorry I cant give a better answer.

Edited by speechles

Hi,

My movies folder has two subfolders: other, kids.

When I browse in the movies folder, it displays all movies, but not as in subfolder.

Do I have to create two separated shares in Emby's server setting for this to work?

You mean you have your movies in these folders:

../movies/kids/

../movies/others/

Then you've simply added the one movie path to emby as ../movies/ ?

Yeah, you shouldve added 2 movie paths to emby:

../movies/kids/

../movies/others/

This way removes that top root parent "movies" that only has folders. It adds the directories with the actual movies. Now there is no way "movies" can be shown with two folders kids and others. There will be two movie library rows on the home screen now, one labeled others, one labeled kids.

Is this the issue?

Edited by speechles

moviemadnessman

@@moviemadnessman

Function getAllEpisodes(seriesId As String) As Object    ' URL    url = GetServerBaseUrl() + "/Shows/" + HttpEncode(seriesId) + "/Episodes.json?userId=" + HttpEncode(getGlobalVar("user").Id) + "&fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio,Overview&Id=" + HttpEncode(seriesId)
Good question.. This is the relevant part of the code which fetches all episodes. I think it is dependent on how you set specials in your user settings? Maybe? I'm not entirely sure...Very, very, good question.

My understanding was, this fetches all, including specials, extras, and everything....but.. I could be wrong.

Let me explain how shuffling works. If shuffle is chosen, everything is shuffled first. This builds a context list to feed the video player. The video player configuration iterates this context list. Any item that is missing/upcoming using virtual episodes or without a locationType is discarded. If the item isnt discarded, it is then copied from the context list, and added to the video playlist. The video playlist has an infinite queue so there is no upperlimit.

After this item is added to the video playlist the app will check for additional parts. If additonal parts are found the app will add these to the video playlist after the item. In this way, even if you have spanned video items on disc1/2 style, this is supported. Shuffling will not goof up additional parts and place them out of order. Additional parts are always played in order.

If you want additonal parts shuffled. Use the additonal parts button available on the items detail screen. Then use continuous play on this row, and shuffle them.

For your original question, we need to ask the architect behind the call made above...

@@Luke are extra/specials included as episodes in the api endpoint used above?

I have not extensively tested this, but I think that it does include the specials ... basically if you can see it on the Roku, it will include it.  Wish it had a toggle, but that's a different department.

One thing I'd like to ask, though ... there is an option to play episode, play episodes X to X, shuffle entire series ... how about just a play all option?  I know by default I can select to play episodes x to x, but that's only for the selected season ... any way to play a selected series?  Maybe I really just want to binge a whole day and watch a nonstop marathon of seasons (say like, Robot Chicken, which lasts like 4-5 hours per season).  Just an idea, dunno how hard it would be to implement, but seems semi-related to excluding the specials from the shuffle series.

If the user has enabled specials to display with seasons then yes the regular episode lists will include them. is that what you were asking?

bedollandres

I think I follow what you are saying....

5f218c930287692ef8e57d4a608e7ad2.jpg

Did you perhaps uncheck these options?

I do notice when mirroring that it incorrectly navigates into the folder view. This happens with homevideo types and when navigate to "folders". It shouldnt be mirroring folders, it should only mirror detail screens. Folders can be considered items too which may be why it is doing this.

Are you able to take a picture, or two (or as many as you can) showing the difference?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had unchecked those options for my Movies library. They appear ok now, but for Home Videos I think it would be best to see the folders. I have a bunch of videos of my kids under Family/Event01..10 or by Month Family/2015_01, etc. In Roku I see Family and all the videos arranged by title but I would work better if it would display the different folder views.

I'm really liking the way this app works with Roku, I got tired of using Kodi and their sync.

Happy2Play

I had unchecked those options for my Movies library. They appear ok now, but for Home Videos I think it would be best to see the folders. I have a bunch of videos of my kids under Family/Event01..10 or by Month Family/2015_01, etc. In Roku I see Family and all the videos arranged by title but I would work better if it would display the different folder views.

I'm really liking the way this app works with Roku, I got tired of using Kodi and their sync.

Those options don't exist unless you are on a really old server version.

New Version: v3.77

* fix delete button positioning

* add "play all" to continuous play menu

* add all 6 "because you" possibilities to movies suggested toggle

* add "open" button to library views when viewing detail level

First up, @@vaise, had a good idea. Why the hell is it so hard to delete in this app. I can honestly say, because I never delete and don't experience the issue. But, what I can do is reposition it if the main button menu has room. This looks at the buttons before the "more..." button is added. If this is less than 5 it adds the "delete" button. This removes 5 clicks you would have to make. Reducing the 11 it was before to a 6. I am not saying this is ideal or perfect in any way. It is just the way it is at the moment.

Next up, @@moviemadnessman, wanted more continuous play options. Specifically a "play all" in addition to the from X to Y, and the shuffle all. Well, adjusted the dialog to compress the text enough so I could add the extra button. Now continuous play offers lots of options, take advantage of them.

Last but not least, @@hyttam and @@moviemadnessman both had the same issue. Why isn't the suggested toggle of the movies row suggesting like the web client showing different things? Why is it always showing the same movies? Well, now it does have all the categories available and will randomly pick one. This works best when you have favorite actors and directors chosen. It also works best if you have some favorite movies too. The more input you give this feature, the better the results will be.

The very, very, last was me, I was always question why we didn't have an "open" when you moved to a library items detail screen. It just shows "more..." and that wasn't much use. So now, when you are at detail screens and move left/right and happen upon a library item it will allow an "open". This will open in folder view only. To get a true enhanced presentation for the library you need to click into it from the homescreen, not from its detail screen with "open".

All inks in first post are updated. Enjoy, and keep up the requests. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

vaise

Wow - Thanks for moving the delete button.  If feature requests are that quick, I will have to come up with more :-)

Amazing.

• Like 1

techworld

You mean you have your movies in these folders:

../movies/kids/

../movies/others/

Then you've simply added the one movie path to emby as ../movies/ ?

Yeah, you shouldve added 2 movie paths to emby:

../movies/kids/

../movies/others/

This way removes that top root parent "movies" that only has folders. It adds the directories with the actual movies. Now there is no way "movies" can be shown with two folders kids and others. There will be two movie library rows on the home screen now, one labeled others, one labeled kids.

Is this the issue?

Yes.

That's what I'm thinking too.

moviemadnessman

New Version: v3.77

* fix delete button positioning

* add "play all" to continuous play menu

* add all 6 "because you" possibilities to movies suggested toggle

* add "open" button to library views when viewing detail level

First up, @@vaise, had a good idea. Why the hell is it so hard to delete in this app. I can honestly say, because I never delete and don't experience the issue. But, what I can do is reposition it if the main button menu has room. This looks at the buttons before the "more..." button is added. If this is less than 5 it adds the "delete" button. This removes 5 clicks you would have to make. Reducing the 11 it was before to a 6. I am not saying this is ideal or perfect in any way. It is just the way it is at the moment.

Next up, @@moviemadnessman, wanted more continuous play options. Specifically a "play all" in addition to the from X to Y, and the shuffle all. Well, adjusted the dialog to compress the text enough so I could add the extra button. Now continuous play offers lots of options, take advantage of them.

Last but not least, @@hyttam and @@moviemadnessman both had the same issue. Why isn't the suggested toggle of the movies row suggesting like the web client showing different things? Why is it always showing the same movies? Well, now it does have all the categories available and will randomly pick one. This works best when you have favorite actors and directors chosen. It also works best if you have some favorite movies too. The more input you give this feature, the better the results will be.

The very, very, last was me, I was always question why we didn't have an "open" when you moved to a library items detail screen. It just shows "more..." and that wasn't much use. So now, when you are at detail screens and move left/right and happen upon a library item it will allow an "open". This will open in folder view only. To get a true enhanced presentation for the library you need to click into it from the homescreen, not from its detail screen with "open".

All inks in first post are updated. Enjoy, and keep up the requests. :)

Love it, especially the suggested options being fixed.

One thing ... the Play All is slightly strange ... the first time it is in the list, it says "Play all episodes x to y" (x being present episode, y being the last episode in the current season).  However, the second [new] Play All (for the whole series, in order, from the current episode), states "Play All y" (again, y is the number of episodes in the present season).  This makes it seem like both play all features only play in the current season, the first playing from the current episode to to end of the season, and the second playing all episodes, again, in just the same season.

One thing I'd like to ask, though ... there is an option to play episode, play episodes X to X, shuffle entire series ... how about just a play all option?  I know by default I can select to play episodes x to x, but that's only for the selected season ... any way to play a selected series?  Maybe I really just want to binge a whole day and watch a nonstop marathon of seasons (say like, Robot Chicken, which lasts like 4-5 hours per season).  Just an idea, dunno how hard it would be to implement, but seems semi-related to excluding the specials from the shuffle series.

It mentions season here. I thought okay, it has play X to Y, but not a play all 1 to Y. I thought, okay, maybe you wanted to play the entire season from episode 7. Okay, seems you could do the same thing doing it from episode 1 and get that in the X to Y behavior...

Love it, especially the suggested options being fixed.

One thing ... the Play All is slightly strange ... the first time it is in the list, it says "Play all episodes x to y" (x being present episode, y being the last episode in the current season).  However, the second [new] Play All (for the whole series, in order, from the current episode), states "Play All y" (again, y is the number of episodes in the present season).  This makes it seem like both play all features only play in the current season, the first playing from the current episode to to end of the season, and the second playing all episodes, again, in just the same season.

Nice to hear. I love it too. Much more useful when the suggestions can be based on things other than recently played movies. I do agree 100%. :)

T̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶h̶̶̶o̶̶̶w̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶g̶̶̶h̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶m̶̶̶a̶̶̶g̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶.̶̶̶ ̶̶W̶̶̶a̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶u̶̶̶p̶̶̶p̶̶̶o̶̶̶s̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶g̶̶̶e̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶s̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶e̶̶̶p̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶o̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶̶̶u̶̶̶m̶̶̶b̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶c̶̶̶h̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶p̶̶̶e̶̶̶c̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶s̶̶̶?̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶h̶̶̶o̶̶̶w̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶ ̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶v̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶i̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶?̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶'̶̶̶m̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶̶̶o̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶u̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶u̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶u̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶h̶̶̶o̶̶̶w̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶a̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶b̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶c̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶̶̶o̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶b̶̶̶e̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶h̶̶̶o̶̶̶w̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶b̶̶̶e̶̶̶.̶̶̶.̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶h̶̶̶.̶̶̶ ̶̶̶B̶̶̶u̶̶̶t̶̶̶.̶̶̶.̶̶̶ ̶̶̶l̶̶̶e̶̶̶t̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶r̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶g̶̶̶a̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶.̶̶̶ ̶̶̶H̶̶̶o̶̶̶w̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶u̶̶̶p̶̶̶p̶̶̶o̶̶̶s̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶u̶̶̶n̶̶̶c̶̶̶t̶̶̶i̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶?̶̶̶ ̶̶̶T̶̶̶r̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶k̶̶̶ ̶̶̶l̶̶̶i̶̶̶k̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶ ̶̶̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶v̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶ ̶̶̶m̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶,̶̶̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶h̶̶̶i̶̶̶c̶̶̶h̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶n̶̶̶'̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶r̶̶̶o̶̶̶m̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶r̶̶̶u̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶.̶̶̶

EDIT: okay, you want if started from s05e07 and there are 14 seasons. Play all should start at s05e07 until the last episode of season 14? Encompassing all the episodes from that range even if they happen to be..specials? Because the call to fetch all the episodes can  contain specials depending on how the user sets up specials in their tv series. The server will mix these into the seasons they correspond to possibly. I can easily start the context index at s05e07 and not shuffle which would do exactly that. Is this what you mean?

Edited by speechles

moviemadnessman

Yes.

Basically, if I start playing S02E03, and there are 5 seasons with 10 episodes each, the "Play All" should play from S02E03 to S05E10.  Or it could simply be a "Play All" button that when pressed starts at S01E01, and runs through every episode in every season in order, regardless which season you happen to be in when selecting it, as the "Play all episodes x to y" already plays just the selected range.  If user settings make specials show up in the seasons, then I guess they get included.  Being that you can create an account with the specials not showing, skipping the specials is not as important.

Dealer's choice, as you are the one programming this.

-->Right now my Emby does not work thanks to breaking it with the .NET update, so ... as far as it affects me, getting this updated will not be as important to me atm, but I appreciate the great work :)

Back up and running emby like a champ thanks to Luke's quick input.  Still appreciate the great work, loving Roku Blue since I first installed it.

Edited by moviemadnessman

See post below

Edited by speechles

New Version: v3.78

* replace "play all" with "play rest of series from here".

* fix "open" to be only available with library items.

Okay, replaced the redundant "play all" with a more appropriate button that will play from that episode to the last episode of the series. This was requested so here we go. 2nd try at this. Hopefully now its correct. ;)

b8ea8aea4e1895a991eda3554b6b93d1.jpg

Fixed the "open" button to only show on library items. It was showing for cast & crew members incorrectly. This is now resolved.

Updated all links in first post. Enjoy ;)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

CBers

Wow. Is this stuff that easy to do - or is Speechless working 24/7 ?

A bit of both, if you know what you're doing, like Speechles :)

vaise

Hi,

There is a problem with the new delete option moved to the first screen.

If you have not watched a show, it is there as designed - however, if you watch the show, say to simulate, open a show, fast forward a bit, then press exit.  There is no delete button then on the 'resume' bit, and also no delete button on the more menu - so no way of deleting at all at that point.

Normally as there is post recording padding, you would never actually get to the end of the recording as the show has ended before the actual recording, so you press 'stop' (exit on the roku) but no delete button then.

Hope I am explaining this well....

Editing this post.......  Strangely, then next show I watched was fine - and I could delete it after watching......  Im a bit lost as to why :

Mock the week, watch, stop, no delete option.    Googlebox, watch, stop, got a delete button.  Maybe I will do some more analysis of this as other stuff is watched.

Edited by vaise

mikeraburn

Wow.  Is this stuff that easy to do - or is Speechless working 24/7 ?

He is just a crazy kid with a dream.

mikeraburn

Hi,

There is a problem with the new delete option moved to the first screen.

If you have not watched a show, it is there as designed - however, if you watch the show, say to simulate, open a show, fast forward a bit, then press exit.  There is no delete button then on the 'resume' bit, and also no delete button on the more menu - so no way of deleting at all at that point.

Normally as there is post recording padding, you would never actually get to the end of the recording as the show has ended before the actual recording, so you press 'stop' (exit on the roku) but no delete button then.

Hope I am explaining this well....

Editing this post.......  Strangely, then next show I watched was fine - and I could delete it after watching......  Im a bit lost as to why :

Mock the week, watch, stop, no delete option.    Googlebox, watch, stop, got a delete button.  Maybe I will do some more analysis of this as other stuff is watched.

I see what you are seeing too.

To not be able to delete an in progress episode seems like a good thing to me!

But you lost me on the post recording bit.

I do not have a tuner and don't record.

mikeraburn

This is just a general question and because I am a Blue Neon fanboy I am posting here.

To adjust the row layout in Blue Neon should I just remove the items from the server side Library and then add them back in to the order of my liking?

In the server Library gui I don't see an area to reorder them after they are in there.

No drag and drop that I can see. 

This is in no way a Blue Neon feature request............

Happy2Play

This is just a general question and because I am a Blue Neon fanboy I am posting here.

To adjust the row layout in Blue Neon should I just remove the items from the server side Library and then add them back in to the order of my liking?

In the server Library gui I don't see an area to reorder them after they are in there.

No drag and drop that I can see. 

This is in no way a Blue Neon feature request............

This is found in View Order on the server user preferences.  User icon-Home Screen-View Order

57c2209123b59_order.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

vaise

Re the delete option.  And so far - only on one show for some reason.  To clarify.  Recording is done with post padding of 10 minutes (as our shows overrun here in Aus).  Show is 1 hour long, recording from 8:30 to 9:40 therefore.  You watch the show, it ends, then you press stop/back/exit on roku.  This one show then shows the normal first line of 'Resume from 60 minutes' but no delete button on that menu.  I still have not figured out why this is only on one show so far though - I guess I need to watch more TV.  I will advise the wife as she watches all that reality TV rubbbish and see what she has noticed.  Thanks.

mikeraburn

The is found in View Order on the server user preferences.  User icon-Home Screen-View Order

57c2209123b59_order.jpg

Thanks!

I would have NEVER looked here.

But it makes sense now, keyword USER.

When using the blue night app to watch live tv I notice a reoccurring pop every minute or so with the audio.  The video never skips a beat.  It happens every time I watch a channel with live tv but the timing of it is inconsistent.  When I use the general release emby roku app it does not occur at all.

I've attached the transcoding logs and noticed they are transcoding to different audio streams (aac vs mp3) if it matters.

transcode blue night.txt

trancode general release.txt