Beta 3.4.0

7illusions

7illusions

No need for high expectations, but a LiveTV guide that can be navigated with a MCE-remote would be pretty neat dont you think? ;)

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 3

Vicpa

Hi Frostbyte,

I have a SiliconDust Prime, with a Cable card, but is older model, newer ones will transcode for you. But it works great. Was using WMC and Krusty's programs which also worked great. But... Win 10 has arrived so I figured to move on. Right know I am using Emby TV and the Kickstarter Silicondust dvr, in parallel testing. Not sure where I will end up, my guess is some combo of both 

• Like 1

7illusions

New build is up.

Still got some quirkiness when navigating the Guide with Keyboard/MCCE but I might actually not do more on that partforthis release.

Let me know what has to be added before we can release it. The guide will keep evolving, but since LiveTV won't play in public version atm I'm eager to release.

• Like 2

Vicpa

Hi,

Still working through the guide, really starting  to get there, Remote navigation Yea!!!  one thing the time bar shows in 24hr mode. Setting on my pc are 12hr am, pm.

One showstopper If you click on User Icon, My Preferences it crashes to the desktop, Tested on 8.1 an 10. see log.

Log - FATAL - Application - 20150703 102029 - 90.log

Will play with the guide some more :)

Vicpa

Hi,

Another thing. This has been around for a while, but wasn't a big deal until 316? If the screen saver is running for a while (not quite sure what the magic amount is) when you are on the home screen and click or hit ok on the remote, it comes out of the screen saver the first time then jumps back into screensaver right away( kinda like that earlier bug). If you click ok a second time to get out of screensaver it crashes to desktop. It has been doing this for a while, but the second click didn't cause a crash until today.

The other scenario where this happens is if you watch something again for a while. I watched an hour episode this am and had similar behavior.

attached are the two logs. Should have reported this earlier, but like I said didn't cause a crash until 316.

Log - FATAL - Application - 20150703 133510 - 114.log

Log - FATAL - Application - 20150703 141734 - 447.log

7illusions

New version is up.

Ir should fix the Screensaver Issue and also targets a few connectivity issues and Sync-issues

• Like 2

7illusions

New build. .318

Fixes Offline Music issues and offline playback issues.

This should be considered a RC, so please Test again for showstoppers.

Is the reported issues solved?

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi All,

I have no showstoppers :) Interested to see what others find.

If it is a low risk change I would add a header on the guide page. Maybe livetvguide with the guide in green? If big deal not important. Being old school :P I would say..."file the change record, schedule the elevation meeting and lock and tag the code as release" even with the store hope it is a little easier these days.

Many Thanks 7 for all your hard work on the app !!! Working on my wish list for the next release,lol. Your work is never done.

-vicpa

• Like 1

FrostByte

No playback issues (other than MKVs being transcoded in Win8.1 I guess) and playto Samsung TV/HTS works great.  Can't find any issues when moving around the app either.  Only real issue I have is LiveTV doesn't work on my system.  That's probably because I don't have LiveTV though :)

• Like 1

7illusions

New build, .320

Built in ReleaseMode amd added title to LiveTV guide.

This iis what I'm submitting to store. :)

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 3

7illusions

Anyone feel like helping out with text for a blogpost?

If so, key Changes are:

Emby rebranding

LiveTV guide

Lots of bugfixes for LiveTV, Offline Sync.

Playback improvements for Win10 (mkv, flac direct stream)

Video backdrops

Edited by 7illusions

Vicpa

Hi,

7 as usual you are way to unassuming (modest)  :) . This is a big Deal!!. Hey @@Luke and guys tell him.

My suggestions..

Announcing Emby for Windows (8.1,10) and update and rebranding of our Windows 8.1 Store app.

Key features

Native support for Windows 10 features as it rolls out

-Direct Play of mkv's, h264, HVEC, flac and alac.

Our Win 8.1 and Win 10 users can both enjoy.

A new Live TV guide that works with the current emby tv services.!!!

We haven't forgotten, this apps scales to all Windows platforms. 

For our HTPC users continued expansion and refinement of the support for MCE ir remotes, enhancing that 10ft experience

even more.

As usual stopped a lot of bugs throughout the app !! In particular Sync and Offline and LiveTV.

-Enjoy!!

Just my thoughts. Maybe add a screen shot of the guide, but not really needed . The Headline and buzz is all Win 10,

7 your app is going to be one of the first 3rd party apps to be delivered by the new store. That is huge. :)

-vicpa

• Like 3

FrostByte

Hopefully they can get it up on the store before the 29th.  Would like to test some MKV files I have with PCM unless Vicpa already has done that.  I think the codec is wrong in the xlm

audioCodec="aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm"  I think should read audioCodec="aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm_s16le,pcm_24le,etc,etc" but I can't really test on 8.1

Agree though, love the app and it has come a long way since back when I bought it.  Maybe 7 needs a donate button ;)

• Like 2

7illusions

Actually, withou you guys testing it and bringing your feedback, the app would still be where it was half a yeaar ago. So a big thanks to you. :D

Anyone feel like helping out with text for a blogpost?

If so, key Changes are:

Emby rebranding

LiveTV guide

Lots of bugfixes for LiveTV, Offline Sync.

Playback improvements for Win10 (mkv, flac direct stream)

Video backdrops

i can write it, just post some nice images of live tv and video backdrops

Vicpa

Hi,

Opps I thought I did :P  Draft two...

Announcing Emby for Windows (8.1,10) and update and rebranding of our Windows 8.1 Store app.

Key features:

Native support for Windows 10 features as it rolls out and Windows Insiders:

-Direct Play of mkv's, h264, HVEC, flac and alac.

Our Win 8.1 and Win 10 users can both enjoy:

A new Live TV guide that works with the current emby tv services:

559828cb002fe_guide.png   

Support for Video Backgrounds:

Insert Screenshot Here !!!! 

We haven't forgotten, this apps scales to all Windows platforms: 

For our HTPC users continued expansion and refinement of the support for MCE IR remotes,

enhancing that 10ft experience even more.

As usual "Stopped a lot of bugs" throughout the app !! In particular Sync and Offline and LiveTV.

-Enjoy!!!....

-7Illusions

Maybe the above will work after the video backdrop is added. Xzener do you have a good one 

another thought change "enjoy" and pick something from your native language Swedish?

7 does need a donate button

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

The app passed certification and I will be live within a few hours. :)

Luke, fell free to do that blog post. I like Vicpas post and I guess you can use that together with what you're thinking and it will be super. :)

• Like 1

need images though - video backdrops in particular. and for the tv guide, how bout some images with multiple program colors so that the whole thing doesn't look maroon.

FrostByte

Just got 321 from the store.  It still lists the app as Media Browser and all the links in the description are old to download the server, etc

7illusions

it will change, takes a while for the servers to refresh the data.

• Like 1

Vicpa

Damn, did I miss one, Is there a limit on the number of row you show in the tv  grid?

I can't seem to get past 50

Edited by Vicpa

Xzener

Creating a quick video backdrop... video. Just need to find a good free movie editor. Or, I could try remote desktop to a W7 PC. It has Movie Maker.