Beta 3.4.0

7illusions

7illusions

After a long wait, it's finally time.. A new beta period is about to begin. :)

I wish this would have started earlier, but IRL got in the way.. (newborn kid, LOTS of stuff at work etc) 

Anyhow, this is changed:

Major refactoring, I've started rewriting lots of stuff to actually be ableto reuse some code for the win10 version.

I bet you will find tons of things that are broken, point them out and I'll fix them.

Emby redesign.

Win10 support (Custom Titlebar, Mkv and flac support)

WMA directplay support.

MCE Play-button supported in MusicDetails views

Video-backdrops

Shuffle Albums and Playlists

Only show labels on folderviews if PrimaryImage is missing

LiveTV Guide

Offline Music and playback fixes

Latest version:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=315DEE41F7FEA2E7!135495&authkey=!ACpB6UIgnRqAiO4&ithint=file%2czip

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 4

techywarrior

hehe, guess you need to search/replace "media browser" as two words as well.

I wish I could test on my Win10 machine but when I updated to 10130 it broke all my video playback. :(

Not sure why, and I don't see other people on 10130 complaining about the problem so not even sure what the problem is. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next fast ring build.

FrostByte

Are you taking requests at this time, or do you just want bugs?

The start screen icon is still the old Media Browser one and the label still says Media Browser as well as the settings page.

Edited by FrostByte

techywarrior

The start screen icon is still the old Media Browser one and the label still says Media Browser as well as the settings page.

On my Win10 machine the start screen icon and label said Emby.

FrostByte

Hmm, weird.  Was that a clean install?  I did an upgrade and they never changed.

Win8.1

Vicpa

Hi,

On my win 10 machine emby and logo on start screen. Logo looks good in the app. Just on first pass !!. Will report back.

@@techywarrior I had trouble with 130 as well. Uninstalling and re-installing video and audio from device manager seemed to resolve my issue. There was events that settings were not migrated. Don't know if that will help you

7illusions

@@FrostByte try to resize the tile. I Think its just a cache issue.

Edited by 7illusions

FrostByte

I unpinned the icon from the Start, but it also says MB on the Apps screen.  Also has the same old icon/name in the taskbar when running.  I'll try rebooting after this movie is done ripping though to see if that helps.  If not, maybe an uninstall and reinstall?

556b6a1396706_win83.jpg

Edit:  Repinning/resizing still shows the old media browser icon

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Probably related, but it's also on the Title bar when running maximized

556b6ee1907a5_win84jpg.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi,

Jeez, You can tell we are all geeks. 7 Congrats on the new-born kid!!! :) Hope everyone is doing well

• Like 1

techywarrior

Hmm, weird.  Was that a clean install?  I did an upgrade and they never changed.

Win8.1

No, upgrade install but on Win10. could be some caching on Win8.1 unless there is actually something different in the app code between Win8.1 and Win10 for the start menu.

@@techywarrior I had trouble with 130 as well. Uninstalling and re-installing video and audio from device manager seemed to resolve my issue. There was events that settings were not migrated. Don't know if that will help you

I'll try that later today. Thanks!

Vicpa

Hi,

Still on first pass. Only thing that doesn't seem to be working is Live TV. No playback error, just doesn't seem to even start

Vicpa

Hi,

Well I haven't found "tons of things" broken.  (test platforms Win 8.1, Win 10 ..130)

-Live TV as noted above.

- "Now Playing" doesn't show up on the main Hub ? Seems to work fine. Can't get to it from the main hub either. Not on pull down menu. Need to go to something in music for it show in drop down. 

-A few MCE remote things, return doesn't work from the TV Series page. The art in whatever that thing is called that shows up when you click play or pause. (OSD media transport controls?) is sporadic some times it is there, sometimes the emby icon is there, guess that is the default.

MKV's and flac work great. Tested MP4, MP3, wtv (transcodes), Playlists, all seem fine.

Will test some Channels. Tunein doesn't work, but hasn't for a couple months.

Haven't got to Connect or sync yet either. 

-Vicpa

techywarrior

I got my video playback issues sorted out (and my bizarro network issue resolved (by replacing a 90% functional router with a 100% functional one :) )) so can do some testing now.

This may come in drips and drabs but I'm about to get really busy again for a week.

The "sync" button in the flyout menu doesn't look like a button. It has a contrast when you mouse over it but default it appears that the button is the same color as the background.

It may just be me but it seems weird that the sync queue is in the sync settings. Could just be because I am testing but I'd like a faster/easier way to see the queue (without having to log into the web client)

Would love for there to be a way once an item is ready to transfer where I can say "transfer now" because I find that sync is only 50% useful when you have to wait an indeterminate time to get your content. Sure, if I do it overnight it's not a big deal but sometimes I want to transfer something quickly because the gym WiFi sucks etc.

There is still the annoying issue on "newest tv/movie" where it shows content that is of that type but not actually in the library. (I know this is a server bug but maybe you can get Luke to finally fix it :) )

FrostByte

Looks like everywhere I saw Media Browser yesterday now says Emby. 

556d0c338037b_version2.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

techywarrior

My Synced file played back fine. And I found that the Sync Queue is in the preferences section. Not sure it belongs there either but at least it's easier to find then in the settings.

I went to the preferences and after pressing cancel on the display settings in my preferences the app crashed.

ScottIsAFool

I got my video playback issues sorted out (and my bizarro network issue resolved (by replacing a 90% functional router with a 100% functional one :) )) so can do some testing now.

This may come in drips and drabs but I'm about to get really busy again for a week.

The "sync" button in the flyout menu doesn't look like a button. It has a contrast when you mouse over it but default it appears that the button is the same color as the background.

It may just be me but it seems weird that the sync queue is in the sync settings. Could just be because I am testing but I'd like a faster/easier way to see the queue (without having to log into the web client)

Would love for there to be a way once an item is ready to transfer where I can say "transfer now" because I find that sync is only 50% useful when you have to wait an indeterminate time to get your content. Sure, if I do it overnight it's not a big deal but sometimes I want to transfer something quickly because the gym WiFi sucks etc.

There is still the annoying issue on "newest tv/movie" where it shows content that is of that type but not actually in the library. (I know this is a server bug but maybe you can get Luke to finally fix it :) )

Network issues you say. Did that sort out the timings for the WP app?

Scott84Z28

Hi, using version 3.4.0.296 I noticed something weird with the keyboard usage.  My Main Menu looks like this:

556f0aea1f7fd_Capture.jpg

Now, if I go into any of the first 7 items in the list, then I can push Backspace to go back to the main menu.  If I go into either of the last two (TV Shows or Offline), then Backspace does nothing.  I have to use the mouse to click the arrow in the top left corner.  Any thoughts?  I'm not sure if it's a problem with the actual TV Shows and Offline sections, or if it's a bug with having more than 7 menu items?

Vicpa

Hi,

I can reproduce @@Scott84Z28 report. Perhaps is same reason, return does work on a remote from those two hubs. 

Vicpa

Hi,

I gone through pretty much everything I can think of and other than noted above, haven't really found anything else major !. :)

add to the list

- screensaver doesn't kick in from the main hub. 

-(in the current app, but maybe a small thing) on the preferences, my views, need a scroll like the main hub. Depending on the device and the number of views you have a couple get cut off.

I haven't had any issues running on win 10, only thing specific to 10

-The OSD icon thing above is win 10 observation

-the live tile doesn't work under 10. (I think that is a win 10 change.)

You can add HEVC direct support to list. I don't have hevc content but got really annoyed seeing the "P app" announcing support for it under 10. It's built in, but 7 you might as well take credit for it like the other guys.... but seriously points to the flexibility of the app to be able to easily add things as they become available.

I added hevc to the profile.

<DirectPlayProfile container="mkv" audioCodec="aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm" videoCodec="h264,hevc" type="Video" />

and found some content on line.

Works fine, but if somebody has hevc/265 content should probably  test some more. The file I used is attached. Delete the txt, added to by pass upload restrictions.

video-h265.mkv.txt

-Vicpa

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

im still on 8.1 with my pro 1... ill test out this new build tonight/tomorrow and report in on anything i find.

thanks 7!

FrostByte

NM, I think I figured it out.

Request the app automatically unselects all highlighted songs after clicking "Add" to Now Playing.  Else you have to go back up and unselect them before adding more.

Edited by FrostByte