Beta 3.4.0

7illusions

techywarrior

Also sorted the NextUp not respecting the TopParentId.

Cheeter, no you didn't! Scott fixed it in the ApiClient and you get the free benefit :P

j/k, I'm glad that finally got sorted out. It was an annoying bug.

I don't use a remote with app, and although I got Win10 to play videos now in 10130, I have no sound :( Is there anything besides the remote I should make sure to test?

7illusions

Try the context menus so that they still behave correct. I've rewritten them to work with both remote and normal input.

techywarrior

Ellipsis menus seem to be working fine with mouse/keyboard/touch.

One minor bug that I still notice is that my user icon gets a weird background sometimes. My user icon is a PNG with transparancy and it always loads correctly the first time. But after I go into 1-2 sections (which don't appear to have the user icon in the top right) and then go back to the home page that has it there will be some gray where it should be transparent.

55778210dd0c2_backgrounderror.jpg

Edited by techywarrior

Vicpa

Hi,

Navigation and selection work fine via the remote in the context menu. Select, Ok, Close Seem like the right flow. "Back" is just supposed to close the menu if nothing is selected ? Could also just use keypress to whatever you hook it up to. Click opens context menu, Click closes it if open. Whatever is easier.

-vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

A couple more places where the remote or the keyboard navigation arrow doesn't work (can't navigate to).

TV main hub right arrow won't move you over to "Next Up".

TV All focus goes to the alpha characters at the top (ie a >) can move left and right but not down to shows.

Music Hub Can't navigate in Albums, album artists, artists.

Live TV

Movies, collections, channels, playlists, videos, photos  seem fine.

Thanks

FrostByte

I know this wasn't an issue with the app, but the fix in the server beta released today fixes my issue using "Play To" from the app to my Samsung TV.  I've played one movie so far on my TV and all seems to be good.

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

The weird sync settings issue, was corrected by the latest beta and the deletion of dup devices.

One small thing on the music screensaver. Can the location of the track time be excluded from the random display of song title?

See pic

557c3c5461e94_IMG_0276.jpg

BTW you can add ALAC to the supported audio in win 10. Might need a check for it and an explicit direct play entry. m4a, alac.

Just because I could I ripped an album in alac. Didn't have to make any changes in the streaming profile. it just played?

Oddly my receiver can't play it directly via dlna, even though it supports "air play". I will post something in the server section because the server sent it natively to the receiver, again even though the profile didn't explicitly id it. Not a big thing

I have been holding off on most win 10 things, unless you want them. Nothing much but a couple of oddities with mkv's with multi track audio.

Thanks

-Vicpa

(dying to ask if the wasapi universal app sample will give us DTS sometime in the future? or do you think MS will include generic passthrough (offload in MS speak) audio.)

Vicpa

Hi 7,

Do you have a limit on max bitrate for mkv's ? I have discerned that some of the one's I have that don't seem to play are over 2000kps

557da84547249_bitrate.png

I just rip with handbrake defaults for h.264qsv quality 20. They seem to play fine in MS Movies and TV.

Just thought I would pass it along.

Thanks!

7illusions

You can have a look in the profile and tweak it to whatever is themximum. :)

Once you know, let me know and I'll change it for all users.

What you're looking for is :

MaxStaticBitrate = 18000000

You can try settting it to 30000000

Vicpa

Hi 7,

Changing that setting didn't seem to make any difference. Still got the video failed to play error. I incremented that number all up from 3 to 10. Maybe its just a Win 10 bug?

Attached is the mediaInfo for the film. Maybe it is something else.

mediainfo.txt

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

In streamingprofile it identifies the audio codec as just pcm.  Shouldn't it be pcm_s16le, pcm_s24le, etc for different LPCM bitrates.  That's how ffmpeg identifies them and how I see it everywhere else (webclient, etc)

5581c80a8effb_pcm.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

If you play a video and swipe down from the top to bring up the back button and playback info you are unable to "click" out of it easily.  The only way I was able to make it go away was with a right click using the mouse on the top bar.  Can this be changed to go away after 5 seconds or so of inactivity? Similar to the pause/play button?

post-2254-0-35981000-1434633875_thumb.png

Xzener

I've jumped into testing. Please forgive me if things are not implemented yet. My collection consists of all MKVs. Blurays converted with HD audio. Should these be transcoding to ac3/h264 or should they be direct streaming?? I'm on a gigabit network.

Vicpa

Hi,

Xzener. Under Win 8.1 MKV's will be transcoded (stream copy) h264, ac3. DTS isn't supported yet. It will transcode by default to acc, but you can opt for ac3 if you want.

Under Win 10 MKV's will direct stream h264,hevc and any audio except DTS. Again until DTS is supported MKV's with DTS will stream copy like above.

Xzener

Thanks Vicpa, so W10 doesn't support DTS yet? That's odd. Can't wait till July 29th.

A question for 7illusions... Will your app be able to utilize Cortana? Sorry if the question has arisen already.

7illusions

Yes, Cortana will be an option. The question is for which release that will be added. :)

• Like 3

Xzener

Wait... What?? I don't follow... Do I need to install W10 ASAP or something??

swhitmore

Yes, Cortana will be an option. The question is for which release that will be added. :)

I might have to buy a microphone for my htpc :P

Vicpa

Hi 7

Any thoughts on my mkv problem. Tried/checked lots. bit rate is all over the place. Like I said changing that setting didn't seem to make any difference. I would think going forward there might be a need for two options. Unlimited and a specific number. I guess the limit is needed for ?

If its a tweak you need to make no worries. Whenever you release the next beta is soon enough. If they should be working let me know I will have to figure what I am doing wrong with my rips.

Must say I really pleased with the playback quality, looks 'marvelous" on my tv.

Thanks

-vicpa

Xzener

May I request an option to remove the movie labels from the poster/covers?? The poster/cover is description enough for most people. An option to turn off/on these would be greatly accepted I would imagine.

558b8bc52dad0_Capture4.png

7illusions

May I request an option to remove the movie labels from the poster/covers?? The poster/cover is description enough for most people. An option to turn off/on these would be greatly accepted I would imagine.

Just bring out the Charms-menu -> Settings -> General -> Show text on posters. :)

I will soon move that part into preferences, but not there yet.

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 2

@@7illusions is there any chance of disabling backdrops on certain menus? I think I makes the home screen look too busy. But then I like it within a tv series for example... This would be my main bug bear for swapping from WMC..

7illusions

Any word on when you might be able to add support for video backdrops?

It's just that I don't have any moviebackdrops to test with.

If you have any videobackdops to share with me,  I can try to add it asap. :)

@@7illusions is there any chance of disabling backdrops on certain menus? I think I makes the home screen look too busy. But then I like it within a tv series for example... This would be my main bug bear for swapping from WMC..

Not planned, but I guess it will be a configuration later on for that too. :)

• Like 1