Beta 3.4.0

7illusions

7illusions

The options to toggle Watched/Unwatched and Add to favorites is already there, just press the three little ellipses and i will be there. Indicator is not there,  we'll see about that in the future.

Right now, all I want to know is if LiveTV is working or not. :)

• Like 1

7illusions

7, are you able to use Microsofts loading circle for videos in the app? Looks better IMO.

Doable, it's under consderation. :)

• Like 1

7illusions

New build, .309

This addresses the videobackdrops and adds a small opacity to the video against a black background..

Also, @@FrostByte, can you have a go with that wma again?

If everything seems "good enough" I'll submit this to store since the current verison has a broken LiveTV.

I'll then start with a 3.4.1 after that to do some enhancements.

• Like 2

Xzener

Not seeing any deal breakers here. The opacity on the VBDs looks nice. I can still read the description during bright scenes. Well done. Congrats on the upcoming release. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

FrostByte

@7illusions WMA plays again without transcoding.  Thanks.  Any chance you could increase the Shuffle selection to 100 songs before putting up for release? ;)  My two main issues of playlists and PlayTo my Samsung TV (this was a server issue I think) are working great now.  I'm GTG.  I'll try and set up LiveTV account here soon.  Cheers

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Xzener

Well, I did find a tiny bug... This has happened twice now. If you minimize the app for a while, and then maximize, the details page (or whatever view) will show a couple seconds, then go to the screen saver. Clicking back will get you back to the page, but will again go back to the screen saver seconds later.

Vicpa

Hi 7,

The beta app stopped working today. It opens then closes to desktop. Last time this happened the cert had expired  I think you said you released to the store. Should we just wait or am I completely wrong as usual :) and it is something else entirely.

Thanks

-vicpa

7illusions

Sorry about that. I'll get you a new version tomorrow, I'm delaying the release a little bit. (might have something funny in store for LiveTV users). :)

• Like 4

7illusions

New build is up.

Quite massive changes due too changes in the API-client.

LiveTV needs thurogh testing, as does media playback

But, what's most interesting is this:

5594672981ff1_TvGuide.png

I will continue to work on this tomorrow, it sure needs some more stuff such as paging, date-selection and some graphical touchup, bu ou get the drift. :)

Also, clicking on a program does nothing atm.

• Like 3

Xzener

Outstanding work 7illusions, well done!

Edited by Xzener

Vicpa

Hi,

Awesome = Funny feature in 7 code speak :)

Some quick feedback on the guide. just to complicate your life I uploaded a logo for a missing channel. The rest are from schedules direct. you can see the result.

Don't know what other's think. But the time bar is hard to read for me( :) ). Don't know if it's the size or color. I would also left justify the logo in the grid and delete the call sign and replace with channel number. But that is just one opinion, what do others think ? 

From a use case point of view. the guide is my goto for scheduling. But.. an expanded What's On section or view with choices for shows, movies sports (Noticed the color variations in the guide which I think represents this?) would be great for selecting live TV.

Still checking playback formats.

Standard disclaimer..

Eye Candy thought. Playing Live TV. Instead of the loading spinner, How about the Channel Logo with a progress bar running underneath. The progress bar is not doing anything other than moving mimicking the spinner, if that makes sense.

Eye Candy Two (sorry can't resist) on the Music ScreenSaver. How about putting the track time right justified under the song title? Eliminates the problem of the title sometimes overlapping the track time.

Thanks !!!!

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

Attached are my test results for playback. It is pretty short as the app playbacks almost everything directly these days :) Highlights.... looks good, maybe a tweak possible with live TV.

PlaybackTests.txt

7illusions

I will give you folks another version in about 10 hours, it wont be finished but it will be a lot better than current version. :) 

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hey 7 this one is very good, you are setting high expectations ;)