Beta 3.4.0

7illusions

FrostByte

Or, create a random play button and I wouldn't have to do it manually every time :)

7illusions

First post updated with new version

Fixes:

Remote navigation.issue.

Screensaver issue.

Lots of communication issues when using connect.

Now Playing not showing on mainview

Sync-button on sync flyout is now a little bit more "button-like"

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 1

Vicpa

]Hi,

Here is some feedback on 297.

Remote navigation issue. Backspace works from offline hub. Not from TV/ Series hub. Return on MCE remote doesn't work from either place.

Screensaver issue.-                                                                  -Kicks in on main hub, timing seems real short when you come back from another hub. Crashes app sporadically (win 10 log attached), will attempt to reproduce on win 8.1 

Lots of communication issues when using connect.

Now Playing not showing on mainview                                      -Fixed

Sync-button on sync flyout is now a little bit more "button-like" - I thought it was fine, now it disappears with mouse over.

Thanks!

-vicpa

Log - 20150605.log

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

I have yet to get the screensaver to crash on 8.1, agree that it's a bit quick to kick off.  Maybe an option to set time can be added in the future

7illusions

Quick question: "Return" with MCE remote, what is the expected behavior? Same as mouse-click I guess but I want to make sure.

7illusions

the quick screensaver is my fault. I changed the delay for debug purposes and forgot to change it back. ;)

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

Yes return would be the same as backspace. Return to previous screen.

Vicpa

Hi,

No I think it is Key press "Enter" = "OK" on the remote and Key press "backspace" = "Return"  on the remote. Same as clicking on the back arrow on the screen.

-Vicpa

ScottIsAFool

the quick screensaver is my fault. I changed the delay for debug purposes and forgot to change it back. ;)

#if DEBUG

#else

#endif

:P

7illusions

LOL!!

Would have worked, except that all builds used here are Debug builds. :P

7illusions

First post updated with new build.

Screensaver timer changed

Syncbutton should be a little clearer when hovering

@@techywarrior can you have a look at the Hubs for newest tv/movie, I might have caught a stupid cache-bug which might have been the cause of wrong items showing ..

@@Vicpa , can you test the remote stuff again? My MCE doesn't have a Return button so I had to wing it, hopefully Igot it right. ;)

techywarrior

Newest/Latest seems fine but TV Next Up is displaying stuff that isn't in the library.

How can I see what version the app is? I thought it used to be in one of the settings menu but I couldn't find it anymore (on my WIn10 machine if it makes a difference).

Vicpa

Hi,

" can you test the remote stuff again? My MCE doesn't have a Return button so I had to wing it, hopefully I got it right.  ;)"

Yikes!! Hadn't thought about that. Yes it is working from the TV Hub.

Something about the Online hub win 10 doesn't like. Remote "back" button doesn't work. But neither does the mouse click on the back arrow. (Don't know if we are troubleshooting on 10 something for the list anyway)

Win 8 mouse click works from online hub. Don't have a remote on my win 8 app at the moment.

I don't know how you are capturing it, on my keyboard the keypress is the "backspace/back arrow key". On one of my remotes it is the return button, on another MCE remote it is the back arrow., Button code 35

MS description--

Back

Button space: Microsoft Required

Icon:

Label: BACK

Button code: 35

First press action: Moves back one position in the user interface stack.

Second press action: Repeats first press action.

Auto-repeat: No

If button codes are of any help I finally stumbled across a complete listing let me know if you need it.

While we are on back buttons on the login screen -   navigation steps  skip connect/ pick server / click on user/ enter password screen, back button doesn't work there, no way to get back to pick different user.

I also noticed there that the user name is truncated at the first space. I have a user "ernie & joyce"  , shows on the enter password screen as ernie. password doesn't work. Can correct the user to ernie & joyce and then password = good to go.

Screensaver

- Timing seems fine. Did have one crash to desktop on Win 8 machine. Mouse movement from music detail screen. Not a lot of detail.

102|2015-06-06T15:58:37.0082279+00:00|FATAL|3|Application|The application crashed: Unspecified error

Sequence: 102
Date/time: 2015-06-06T15:58:37.0082279+00:00
Level: FATAL
Thread: 3
Logger: Application
------------------------
The application crashed: Unspecified error

------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.4.0.298_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.4.0.298","InstallationId":"986b2c5a-50b5-4537-b167-7521141f3815"}

I agree with techywarrior. version number shows up under permissions in the settings charms menu under win 8. Permissions isn't in there in Hamburger, settings under win10.

-Vicpa

Vicpa

BTW

If you are doing work on the remote :P  If we could get the "play/ok" button working on the music hub screens like Movies and TV. MCE remote support would be just about complete. Only thing left would be a way to bring up the "more" or ellipsis button and some minor navigation/focus things. but I could live with that for a while, lol.

It would be a nice win for those using the app as the 10 foot client of choice and/or media center replacement.

Thanks!!

-Vicpa

7illusions

New buildis up.

Added the MCEPlay-button to MusicViews.

All reported bugs should be sorted. :)

Lets go find some new ones. :)

• Like 1

FrostByte

There seems to be some kind of refresh issue with music artists when scrolling left and right.  Some are being refreshed, others are not.  If I go to another page and come back the correct pic is displayed.  I am playing music from a playlist at the time

Here is a pic of the webclient.  Notice some artists do not have pics.

557496476c10a_artist1.jpg

Here is a pic from the app. Notice the Group 3OH!3 looks a lot like Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains :)

557496c811881_Artist2.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

I can get it to do this every time if I take the mouse and drag the scroll button at the bottom left or right quickly.  It will stay the wrong image until I go to another screen and then come back

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

Anyone got an idea of which MCE-button to use for the "ellipses" button?

(Basically I need a "more" button.)

Vicpa

Hi,

The additions for the remote are great!!. :) Just need one more ok/play on playlist screen (see pic for the one I mean) 

557572cb9f580_Screenshot11.png

New to this build I did a uninstall/reinstall (on win 10 machine) so if someone could check win 8. The sync screen has some glitches Can't seem to select quality or sync to local machine. Can sync etc to different machine. See pic  

5575747896452_Screenshot12.png

Live TV..

This is still not working for me. click play nothing happens (win8,10)

7 it would be awesome if we could get a remote button for the ellipse

I would vote for the info button. can't discern standard keyboard equivalent, but in 

MS speak:

More Info Button
Button space: Microsoft Required
Icon: Circle with an i inside one remote or just a lowercase i on another
Label: MORE INFO or INFO
Button code: 15
First press action: Provides information for the focus point (if information is available).
Second press action: Hides displayed information.
Auto-repeat: No

Thanks!!!!    Will continue to test

-Vicpa

7illusions

Unfortunately the info-button is being captured by the appbar and I don't even get the event for that key. :(

Any other suggestions?

Vicpa

Well that stinks. Not sure what options we have but I would say one of these

#

. (period)

Or one the color keys.(Maybe you know what they are for. They are on every remote I have and I have yet to find anything they do :D

-vicpa

7illusions

New build is up.

Please verify the context-menus. (ellipses)

I hadto write my custom one to replace the old in order to support MCE navigation.

This is just step one though since I haven't actually wired a button to show the menu yet. but, if you open up the menu you should be able to move up and down using he remote. (Pressing back will NOT behave correctly though)

Also sorted the NextUp not respecting the TopParentId.

Edited by 7illusions