Beta 3.4.0

7illusions

FrostByte

My mouse pointer keeps disappearing.  Switching screens seems to bring it back though.

FrostByte

Maybe the blog should have included a disclaimer that if using DTS it won't direct play MKV, etc files yet...looks cool though (especially the video backdrops)

7illusions

I don't have any theme-music so I have't tried.

If you prvide a theme-music file I'll gladly test/implement it though. 

FrostByte

Feature Request:  Movies with subtitles honor the server settings.  I.e if you have it set to always play eng subtitles then it should automatically play them.  Or, implement the apps own preference to do the same.  Right now I have to click the CC button to play subtitles after starting a movie.

5599a421d5252_Subtitle.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

I believe any mp3 called theme.mp3 in the series folder of a tv show should work

Do you need the plug-in for this to work, or can you just drop a theme.mp3 file in a series folder and it works?

Vidman

You should be able to drop in anything. ..all the plugin does is download the mp3 and names it theme.mp3

• Like 1

FrostByte

I read somewhere that you can change transcoding of DTS/DCA audio to AC3 instead of AAC.  Is that somewhere in the StreamingProfile.xml?  I tried changing a few things, but nothing changed.  Still transcoding DTS to AAC

Vicpa

Hi @@FrostByte

It is in the profile. The app will use as a default for transcoding the below line, just make your preferred format the first choice (see section in red.. This is what I use. For mkv's with DTS it will stream copy the video and transcode DTS  to AC3 

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="h264" audioCodec="ac3,aac,eac3" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

-vicpa

• Like 1

FrostByte

Hi @@FrostByte

It is in the profile. The app will use as a default for transcoding the below line, just make your preferred format the first choice (see section in red.. This is what I use. For mkv's with DTS it will stream copy the video and transcode DTS  to AC3 

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="h264" audioCodec="ac3,aac,eac3" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

-vicpa

Cool.  I was modifying the line just below that one and it wasn't changing things.  Didn't realize those were in the order you wanted things transcoded into.    Thanks

Happy2Play

The app will use as a default for transcoding the below line, just make your preferred format the first choice

So what would be the point of listing more then one option if it will use the first?

Vicpa

Hi Xzener,

It is at

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4\LocalState

Just replace the xxxx's with the user name.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Request:  Not sure if this is resolution dependent, or if the number of movies shown before (...) is a hard coded number.  With the new continued button layout can the number of movies shown be increased by 1 to be 6 before the (...) button is shown.  For instance in the below pic there is no (...) when there is just 5 movies (which is cool), but the 5th turns into a (...) when there are 6 or more movies.  There is actually room for 1 more movie before you would need to click (...) and can eliminate have to click the (...) if you only had 6 movies beginning with that letter.  Then when you have 7 movies the 6th can turn into a (...). 

Edit: if the number of movies shown changes with resolution then maybe it could be coded to change to the max number of spaces available before showing the (...). 

559ab8de0633f_Moviesc2.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Xzener

Sometimes the "Now Playing" bar across the top of the player gets stuck and does not go away.

techywarrior

I think the now playing bar should become part of the pause menu because the slide down gesture in Win10 now triggers the action menu. Also, it always bothered me that you pulled down to see the now playing but had to pull down again to make it disappear instead of sliding it up like what would be logical.

And then there is the problem where it randomly seems to appear and not auto disappear. If it was just part of the pause menu it would have a much more familiar show/hide mechanic.