Emby Theater

Luke

infinitereality

Not 

Don't even need a script, in the Harmony software, have it send Alt+F4 command to close Emby before it issues the power off command. Then when starting up, pin Emby Theater to the taskbar and use Win+1 command to launch the shortcut at power up. It'll full-screen automatically as that's the last mode ET was in.

I'm finally getting around to doing this, tired of having to get up everytime to full screen Emby, lol.

I was hoping I can possibly just add the Logitech Harmony Smart Keyboard into Harmony software and be set since they all use the same hub, but no go.

Is there any recommendations on a IR keyboard so I can get my Elite to send commands to Windows?  Or is there another way, possibly a IR dongle for a keyboard since I don't need the whole thing?  I have a IR MCE remote which I've used forever, just not a way to enter commands.

I have a couple of 2.4ghz keyboards, but I can't use them with the Harmony. 

Seems like there should be an easy way to do this, but I'm lost as to what it is.

AdrianW

Seems like there should be an easy way to do this, but I'm lost as to what it is.

You don't actually need a keyboard - just add "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE" as a device to your harmony, and then assign "Alt-F4" to an LCD command and name it something like "Quit" or "Exit".

• Like 2

infinitereality

You don't actually need a keyboard - just add "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE" as a device to your harmony, and then assign "Alt-F4" to an LCD command and name it something like "Quit" or "Exit".

AWESOME! Exactly what I needed and couldn't discover, never would have expected I could just input that as a device.  Thanks a million!

infinitereality

I'm pretty sure this is known already, but figured I'd mention it anyways while on here... Mouse cursor doesn't get hidden when in ET in Win10 and using a remote.

While I've gotten use to not being able to adjust the aspect of movies to remove the black bars, I'm still definitely looking forward to having the option back.

Thanks again for making Emby!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
infinitereality

I ended up having to re-setup my Harmony Elite and took me a few minutes to realize how I added this as a device.  I feel stupid for even taking a few minutes for it to dawn on me, but figured I'd post on here to clarify in case anyone finds this thread in a Google search.

Manufacturer: Microsoft

Model: Microsoft Windows Media Center SE

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
yardameus

Here here to theme development.  Hoping this gets going.  A couple new themes will get so many more people interested.

arrbee99

Can't help thinking there should be two basic themes - one horizontal (properly horizontal everywhere) +20 votes from me, and one vertical. I should imagine it would be much easier to take one of those and make your own custom vertical or horizontal theme from there for those who have the skills, which I unfortunately don't.

• Like 1

infinitereality

I can't find this in settings but wish this could be an option...

For the home page all my movies show the DVD cover, I wish the same would happen for TV Series as well. They instead show the backdrop for each one which makes it hard to determine since some of my backdrops don't have the title (like shows just the actors). Is there a setting I'm missing to get TV Series to show the cover instead?

Thanks for any help!

I can't find this in settings but wish this could be an option...

For the home page all my movies show the DVD cover, I wish the same would happen for TV Series as well. They instead show the backdrop for each one which makes it hard to determine since some of my backdrops don't have the title (like shows just the actors). Is there a setting I'm missing to get TV Series to show the cover instead?

Thanks for any help!

Try switching to the vertical home screen. You may like that better.

• Like 1

infinitereality

I actually do dig the vertical home screen! But for TV series, they still show backdrops instead of covers on the home page. I can go into the TV series at the top and it shows all covers just fine, just not on the home page.

Any ideas?

We don't have any settings for this, but if you use the image editing functions to download thumbs for your series, then i think you'll like the thumb images better.

• Like 1

infinitereality

We don't have any settings for this, but if you use the image editing functions to download thumbs for your series, then i think you'll like the thumb images better.

Actually it may be pulling the thumbs and not backdrops.  I haven't come across the imagine editing function, I assume it's in settings or dashboard?

infinitereality

Yes for each library.

Awesome, I dig into it and get them updated.  Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Diedrich

This is an easy one click install process. The arm package runs great on raspberry pi. Please try it out, thanks !

This is just the Theater program and not a full-blown OS like LibreElec? What distro would you suggest? Raspbian or something else? Any distro tweak suggestions to minimize resource usage?

Anything Debian based will do. Or should rather. We have tested raspbian and Debian so far.

We plan to do a full blown image in the future but for now this is a starting point.

We plan to do a full blown image in the future but for now this is a starting point.

Something like LibreElec does with Kodi?

That sounds fun, looking forward to it!

• Like 1

MRobi

Something like LibreElec does with Kodi?

That sounds fun, looking forward to it!

This would be amazing. I would drop LibreElec in a flash for something like this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, same over here! This would be awesome especially for those clients that need something that works and don't have to deal with the OS around Emby.

Do you care what is used for the base image? e.g. raspian vs libreelec, or would you just be happy that we have an image at all?

Diedrich

Do you care what is used for the base image? e.g. raspian vs libreelec, or would you just be happy that we have an image at all?

I think stability would be paramount. Debian would be the logical solution for that. Second would be resource usage. It would need to follow the LibreElec mantra; Just Enough OS. If that could mean forking LibreElec and slapping on Emby Theater and removing Kodi, that would be ideal!

I think stability would be paramount. Debian would be the logical solution for that. Second would be resource usage. It would need to follow the LibreElec mantra; Just Enough OS. If that could mean forking LibreElec and slapping on Emby Theater and removing Kodi, that would be ideal!

I think it would be perfect to have both, Emby Theater and Kodi in LibreElec and have the possibility to switch between them (maybe selection on boot/shutdown/reboot, should be selectable by remote?!).

The good thing on Kodi are the plugins like YouTube, that you do not have on Emby, also playing music is just more shiny with the effects and Lyrics.

I'm using both on a Windows on my HTPC, using LibreElec as base would be fantastic (using LIbreElec with Emby plugin on another PC, works flawless, even with older hardware).

Ciao, Alfred

Right now we're looking at Raspian as a starting point because it might be a little easier for us to work with. So i guess my feedback question was, does it have to be libreelec?