Emby Theater

Luke

Diedrich

So i guess my feedback question was, does it have to be libreelec?

I wouldn't think so as long as Raspbian was stripped of unnecessary packages and kept as light as possible. LibreElec would provide a solid base but it doesn't include X Server if that would be needed for Emby Theater.

I think inevitably people will ask about having the server as part of the image as well, and it would probably be nice to have both together where you can choose which one you want, or both.

• Like 2

Diedrich

I think inevitably people will ask about having the server as part of the image as well, and it would probably be nice to have both together where you can choose which one you want, or both.

I recently bought a RPi 3 B+. I travel for a living and today was my first time running LibreElec/Kodi in a hotel with no keyboard or mouse available. Here are the functions that would be necessary for running such a configuration:

WiFi tethering - The Pi becomes a hotspot allowing you to connect your phone for navigation. You can set the WiFi password.

The Yatse phone app then allows connections to a Emby Server. This is possible by detecting the server IP/port and then asking for the app user/password (if set) so that someone on a public network can't control the media player.

I think BOTH Server and Theater would be needed to run a distro with tethering available to allow UI control.

• 2 weeks later...
Diedrich

ET: Windows

Where is the setting to get the colored Home, Settings, Logout, Quit menu buttons? Thanks in advance.

clarkss12

I think it would be perfect to have both, Emby Theater and Kodi in LibreElec and have the possibility to switch between them (maybe selection on boot/shutdown/reboot, should be selectable by remote?!).

The good thing on Kodi are the plugins like YouTube, that you do not have on Emby, also playing music is just more shiny with the effects and Lyrics.

I'm using both on a Windows on my HTPC, using LibreElec as base would be fantastic (using LIbreElec with Emby plugin on another PC, works flawless, even with older hardware).

Ciao, Alfred

I agree with Serpi about an Emby Theater port for LibreELEC.  There is a Plex Theater port that runs under OpenELEC/LibreELEC that runs quite well.  I would LOVE to see a similar port for Emby.  The advantage of LibreELEC/Plex port, is that it runs on almost any low powered low cost Android devices.

I was running OpenPHT on my old $30 Amlogic stick, but since have retired that stick and moved OpenPHT to one of my $40 Amlogic, Android boxes.

Having a dedicated Emby Theater appliance on a very low cost device would be a real game changer.

Here is what OpenPHT looks like running on my $30 Android stick.

I noticed a little issue Series recordings hasn't been recording shows so had to manual record them. First you change the setting from New Episodes to All Episodes or vice versa do not get saved.. 

When you select All Episodes it is not recording repeats but not new episodes and when you select New Episodes it is not scheduling to recording anything I have done the guide update to see does it make a difference.

post-1589-0-09744000-1535683519_thumb.pngpost-1589-0-81229100-1535683603_thumb.png

In the home screen shows should be changed to Upcoming Shows

From usability perspective I go where have all my recordings go only realised that you have to click latest recordings to get all the recordings. Then when you click on it there is a huge gap between the header and the tabs

post-1589-0-79245400-1535683917_thumb.png

I also thing this is where it should have a group setting and do away with the recordings tab.

Plus all the other items that I mentioned with deletion it is all over the place and those issues have been there for over a year and nothing has been done so it just makes you think does emby theatre gets used at all by developers . 

Thank you 

Thanks Luke few other issues there is no option to stop the recording when you click on the recording in latest recording have attached picture.

Once the show has gone into padding time there is no way to stop it even in the web client. 

It would be also very helpful when the recording is done that is has time and date at a prominent position when it was recorded is it a repeat or not currently all that valuable information is lost  that is much helpful than the video codec or audio it is using.  The recording detail screen should look similar to the card before it has been recorded in wmc they are very close.

5b8e168a0eeb5_Capturenostoprecording.png

5b8e1720f0ad3_Capture85.png

WMC before recording

5b8e1ff7ac45d_Capturebeforerecording.png

After Recording

5b8e20271d48b_Captureafterrecording.png

ShoutingMan

How do I disable Emby Theater automatic updates?

The updates install the current Electron which breaks ET, bringing back the 'white line' problem. And I discover it when I'm trying to watch a movie. Typically with friends over. So, turning auto update off would be helpful.

• Like 2

arrbee99

Not a biggie, just wondering if anyone came across these blank 'tiles'...

5b95c5a2c2c2d_EmbyblankAllMovies.jpg

Only seems to be in Movies - TV, Documentaries etc seem to be fine.

• Like 2

AdrianW

Not a biggie, just wondering if anyone came across these blank 'tiles'...

After the recent ET update I had random blank tiles all over the place. They eventually appeared, but it took longer than normal.

• Like 2

kikinjo

After the recent ET update I had random blank tiles all over the place. They eventually appeared, but it took longer than normal.

Same here, latest ET and latest beta. Blank titles in movies / tv when scrolliing / moving, and music artists sometimes show up sometime dont.

arrbee99

Seems to be just those two locations for me. Don't know if its the server updates recently (db changes) or Theater moving to 3.0.2, but I'm (fairly) sure I'll survive...

P.S mostly use Fire TV though, so its not exactly a thorough inspection.

Edited by arrbee99

• 2 weeks later...
Diedrich

Thank you for adding in the Guide menu link on the Live TV page! It's greatly appreciated!

I'm currently having an issue though where the Settings>Home Screen>Live TV Default Screen setting is not being respected. I have Default Screen: Guide, but when clicking on Live TV in My Media, it takes me to the Programs page instead. In fact, no matter which setting I set, it isn't respected. Thoughts?

Keep up the hard work, it's really appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Another of many things to fix before theatre can be used on daily basis. When you start to watch a live tv program using on now card and that show ends and a new one begins when you click back it shows you the live tv card of the show you started to watch live tv even though that one ended. The osd is reflecting the current tv programme that is being shown.  

• 3 weeks later...
arrbee99

(Tiny bit) interesting. Just sitting here switching between full screen and windowed in full ET for windows and under Movies it shows different sections windowed vs full screen i.e. windowed its at the 'S'es (alphapicker is at 'L') and full screen its at 'L'. Windowed its on 'I' (alphapicker is at 'F') and full screen its at 'F'.