Emby Theater

Luke

shaefurr

Can't reproduce, but I think it's something with the subtitles. Added more logging, hopefully something jumps out.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ADFF8A9300538D1F!564454&authkey=!AKMdrqQYiuj5BWQ&ithint=file%2c7z

is there anything else I need to do?

Luke mentioned it could be due to a graphics driver a while back, I haven'tt upgraded my drivers since the issues with 364.47, so I do have a newer one I can install.

Edited by shaefurr

babgvant

is there anything else I need to do?

Luke mentioned it could be due to a graphics driver a while back, I haven'tt upgraded my drivers since the issues with 364.47, so I do have a newer one I can install.

Sorry. Please replace directshow dll with the one I linked to.

Let's see if we can fix w/o a driver update. That  might be the problem, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

2.1.5 is up and adds some new features:

All versions:

• Italian language now selectable
  • Display "ends at .." in various places in the UI

Windows:

• Added run at startup option
  • Like 6

For those who use the web based version of Emby Theater, I've pushed an update that has a treat for anime fans. We now have in-browser rendering of ass/ssa subtitles (including styles). This means no more video transcoding due to having to burn them in. I do plan to bring this feature to Chromecast and the regular web client as well. If you want to play with it, you need to be on Emby Server 3.0.5924 beta (or greater).

• Like 1

denz

I want to know what is the point of the end of show wouldnt be more important when it starts. I think it is unecessary having this info for recordings. To me important info that we need is the time it starts and channel. But it is good that new features are getting introduced many more are still needed.

AdrianW

I want to know what is the point of the end of show wouldnt be more important when it starts.

When you're browsing through your collection of movies looking for something to watch - it's very useful to know when it ends, especially if you have work the next day.

• Like 2

denz

Ok I see I just had a closer look at it. I just wish there is the channel name and the start time as well.

I've posted another nice breakthrough for the web version for users of Microsoft Edge and Opera (Chrome already has this) - dramatically reduced cpu utilization when transcoding. Most of the time you'll now enjoy just a straight video stream copy. And yes this applies to Xbox One :) 

To play with this, you need to be on Emby Server beta 3.0.5926 or greater. Just fyi - for now this is limited to Emby Theater. I will add it to the regular web client soon.

arrbee99

Why not just this:  http://tv.emby.media

If I do that it takes me to the Welcome to Emby page and I have to do the Emby Connect thing (which I don't for some reason), or enter the server manually, then I get to the main page, and that main page has the address I gave originally. Probably something to do with clearing caches or something.

If I do that it takes me to the Welcome to Emby page and I have to do the Emby Connect thing (which I don't for some reason), or enter the server manually, then I get to the main page, and that main page has the address I gave originally. Probably something to do with clearing caches or something.

He is right, just use the main url.

arrbee99

He is right, just use the main url.

Yes, I can do that, but like I say, I get the whole Welcome to Emby thing. I thought once that was done once that was it, like I don't get that Welcome to Emby thing every time I open the ordinary ET.

ensure your browsing data isn't getting cleared. i cannot reproduce that. it dumps me right back onto the home screen.

arrbee99

Oh well yes ok I must admit I do clear browsers with monotonous regularity....

New feature up - support for your youtube trailers. It's available in both the web and windows versions immediately. This came out really nice. You get the same video OSD as regular videos, except with youtube content. It's super seamless and blends in nicely.

denz

@@Luke

I have been looking at the ends at that has been recently introduced and discovered that it is not displaying the correct end time for the current running show for example if I show starts at 11:00am and runs to 11:30 the run time is 30 minutes and the end time is 11:30 but if I have a look at it say 11:10 it is going to display ends at: 11:40 which is incorrect.

Wouldn't be more logical for the upcoming programs to have start at not ends at. I think that is why WMC made it easier with just displaying 11:00 - 11:30.  

Great work on the new features now can we have the ability to record, have the show name as well as episode title it would be handy if the show name gets displayed at the top overlay layer when you start watching a recording or playing a video this would be useful for us that don't have schedules direct.  On the detail screen it should show the name of the show currently it only shows episode title this is not very useful at least to me.

Thank you

denz

In version .6 on live tv you don't get the episode title at the bottom overlay you only get the channel name. I hope that you can implement that it shows the show name instead of episode title or that you show the name at the top overlay and the episode title at the bottom. I rather have just the show name at the bottom overlay and other useful information when it finishes etc.

The tv guide and now playing are not refreshing. To refresh the guide you have to get out of it and go back in and same with the main live tv screen now playing.

Thank you

Edited by denz

New feature up - remote control from other Emby apps. Please try it out. I've tested as many commands as I can but if I missed one and you find it isn't working, please let me know. Thanks.

• Like 1

New feature up - support for your youtube trailers. It's available in both the web and windows versions immediately. This came out really nice. You get the same video OSD as regular videos, except with youtube content. It's super seamless and blends in nicely.

do you need beta server or something to try this? only says coming soon in the theatre plugin catalogue for me...

EDIT.. just Trailers in plugins.. got it. BUT, won't play for me. stutters terribly. same content plays perfectly on youtube at 720p on edge (suicide squad trailer)

Edited by Lee

AdrianW

I have been looking at the ends at that has been recently introduced and discovered that it is not displaying the correct end time for the current running show for example if I show starts at 11:00am and runs to 11:30 the run time is 30 minutes and the end time is 11:30 but if I have a look at it say 11:10 it is going to display ends at: 11:40 which is incorrect.

Then End Time - is mainly useful for stored content - so a 30 minute show always end 30 minutes after "now" - as you're always starting it from the beginning (although the end time should probably be different if you're resuming).

I guess the end time value should be different for Live TV - but as I don't use Live TV at all I've never seen the issue.

do you need beta server or something to try this? only says coming soon in the theatre plugin catalogue for me...

EDIT.. just Trailers in plugins.. got it. BUT, won't play for me. stutters terribly. same content plays perfectly on youtube at 720p on edge (suicide squad trailer)

No, theater has always supported content from the trailer channel plugin. what was added a couple nights ago was support for youtube trailer urls in your nfo metadata.

• Like 1

No, theater has always supported content from the trailer channel plugin. what was added a couple nights ago was support for youtube trailer urls in your nfo metadata.

ha yes just noticed the trailer button! any ideas on the issues I have with the trailers plugin then??? would logs help that? shouldn't be a bandwidth issue, plays perfectly in edge browser @720P

probably bandwidth. your experience on youtube has no relation to content from the trailer plugin.