Emby Theater

Luke

vick1982

Oh ok cool. Will be happy when this app is mature. Doesnt look like the current store app is being attended to anymore . I guess when this one is ready there will be no need for that one

techywarrior

the side scrolling on touch devices should be nice and smooth. while vertical on the detail screens needs some work. Also please note, this is a pretty high powered app using lots of modern features. I think there is more work that will need to be done to tone it down for certain devices, similar to what we're doing in order to port the app to smart tv's. The windows app is currently not making any effort to tone down animations for certain devices, while the browser version does, which could possibly explain the difference.

Anything to be done about scrolling past the end of the list forever (or at least for a while)? That's more of a hindrance to touch navigation since you have less control over what the touchscreen interprets as a quick flick versus a slow move (at least in my experience). Also, on touch, it would be handy if the back button was always visible (not during playback obviously) because at the moment it's hard to guess where to touch and it basically makes it so that you have to touch the screen twice.

When you going to add "shake" detect to pick a random movie to watch? lol

Vidman

Whether it is planned or not wasnt what this is all about. I have already stopped replying to Luke's last message.

Why do you need to put your 2 cents in. You people keep replying. Stop talking and there will be no more replies

Stop repeating the same opinion over and over

Note this is not a question... no need for you to reply

Edited by Vidman

shaefurr

Luke, did u see my post in the testing thread about mkvs not playing, any idea what that's about?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

i can't reproduce. it's probably more related other characteristics and not the container.

shaefurr

OK, I'll try a clean install then, madvr is being wonky now anyways

vick1982

Stop repeating the same opinion over and over

Note this is not a question... no need for you to reply

Again nothing to do with anything i was saying. You come and say leave it but insist on continuing to reply. If you want to end it practice what you are asking to do. Pretty simple

shaefurr

i can't reproduce. it's probably more related other characteristics and not the container.

tried a clean install, messed with all the settings i could think of and still no go. Does anything in my log help? Works fine in other apps, and they did work recently, not sure what changed.

https://jpst.it/Gjmd

EDIT: Well now I actually got it to work, but only if I disable the custom presenter and madvr in the xml. No idea what thats about, if either is set to true I just get a spinning wheel clicking play.

<EnableCustomPresenter>false</EnableCustomPresenter>

<EnableMadvr>false</EnableMadvr>

Edited by shaefurr

tried a clean install, messed with all the settings i could think of and still no go. Does anything in my log help? Works fine in other apps, and they did work recently, not sure what changed.

https://jpst.it/Gjmd

EDIT: Well now I actually got it to work, but only if I disable the custom presenter and madvr in the xml. No idea what thats about, if either is set to true I just get a spinning wheel clicking play.

false

false

For starters, i would avoid customizing the xml directly. @@babgvant what do you make of that error? i don't think I've seen that one before.

A quick google search does mention drivers so you might try making sure your video drivers are up to date.

griam01

Are there any plans to bring back the sorting/filtering of movies in the new Theater version?  I liked to be able to view all the unwatched movies and sort them via date added so I could see what I have left to watch.  I used to be able to click on Unwatched on the top and it would show all of my unwatched, now it only shows a limited number of unwatched items.

shaefurr

For starters, i would avoid customizing the xml directly. @@babgvant what do you make of that error? i don't think I've seen that one before.

I wouldn't normally mess with it, just using it as a workaround for now. I'll set it to defaults if we can find a fix

babgvant

I wouldn't normally mess with it, just using it as a workaround for now. I'll set it to defaults if we can find a fix

I can't remember seeing this issue in the past either, the log doesn't include anything that useful. Can you enable debug logging please?

It's just MKV that do this?

shaefurr

I can't remember seeing this issue in the past either, the log doesn't include anything that useful. Can you enable debug logging please?

It's just MKV that do this?

Ya it's only mkv, how do you turn on debug for et?

babgvant

Ya it's only mkv, how do you turn on debug for et?

In system.xml set

<EnableDebugLevelLogging>true</EnableDebugLevelLogging>

shaefurr

In system.xml set

<EnableDebugLevelLogging>true</EnableDebugLevelLogging>

Ah OK thanks

babgvant

@@babgvant here's the debug log https://jpst.it/GuDp

Thanks. Would it be possible to share this mkv file?

Out of curiosity. Why do you have Copy Back enabled? That shouldn't be required for either madVR or EVR+, and with EVR+ it will reduce performance.

shaefurr

Thanks. Would it be possible to share this mkv file?

Out of curiosity. Why do you have Copy Back enabled? That shouldn't be required for either madVR or EVR+, and with EVR+ it will reduce performance.

Sure here's the file, and I have hardware acceleration set to Auto in ET, does it show something different in the log?

https://www.mediafire.com/?47dq13j0fdraccy

babgvant

Sure here's the file, and I have hardware acceleration set to Auto in ET, does it show something different in the log?

https://www.mediafire.com/?47dq13j0fdraccy

File is blocked. Maybe change the file extension and throw it in a zip file?

Yeah, the log has "Current HWA Mode: None Desired Mode: DXVA2CopyBack", but it looks like this is just for backdrops (I think @@Luke forced EVR for those). So we'll have to tweak the code a big to make it pick the right mode.

shaefurr

File is blocked. Maybe change the file extension and throw it in a zip file?

Yeah, the log has "Current HWA Mode: None Desired Mode: DXVA2CopyBack", but it looks like this is just for backdrops (I think @@Luke forced EVR for those). So we'll have to tweak the code a big to make it pick the right mode.

try it from my onedrive as a zip. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2C193A8E6CDC8D03!355809&authkey=!AIz4we-c2DR1-P8&ithint=file%2crar