Emby Theater

Luke

yardameus

I was actually curious as to which setting we should be on for the updates?  Will this still be an alpha for a while, or should we set it on Beta?

ok, thanks. i can't disable your antivirus though. but i imagine at some point there will be an always on top option. but even that can be circumvented depending on how annoying your AV wants to be.

Xzener

I can't believe I missed this.

Congratulations @@Luke, great to see a public Alpha! i know how much hard work you've poured into this over the months

I'm sure you've made many members of the community moist!!! ;)

Haha... I can't believe I missed this too. Went to a BBQ yesterday afternoon, came home, took a nap, went to work... took another nap, and BLAM!!! Page 5 of the public alpha, where have I been?!?!?

Congrats Luke, and all involved getting MBT to this point!

Edited by Xzener

Kilroy30

So everything works great so far except for playing DVD ISO's  to external player. Boxsets in BluRay play fine. Boxsets was not the issue. Only DVD ISO's. 

Edited by Kilroy30

Mopar_Mudder

I have been waiting for this as I couldn't see enough reason for me to switch to MB3 until MBT came along. Anyways I haven't followed close so forgive me if this is common knowledge but:

1) Does MBT play BlueRay now from its own interal player

2) If one is true will it play from a BlueRay folder structure library example: Movies/Oblivion/BDMV/Playlist/00000.mpls

3) Does it bitstream all the HD audio with its internal player

Hope to eliminate TMT when I am done.

Edited by Mopar_Mudder

I don't seem to get subtitles to load except the ones embedded in .mkv files.

In mkv it detects subs, but in avi or mp4 it doesn't even say that there are subs.
In MBC they all work if I have xy-VSFilter x64 installed, but it seems that MBT uses the x86 version, so I configured it exactly the same as the x64 version, but no joy.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it on the works?

?  Parental settings are a part of user profiles on the server.  All clients drive off of them already.

My little girls profile only lets her access her films not the main film folder but in MBT she can access all my films

yardameus

I don't seem to get subtitles to load except the ones embedded in .mkv files.

In mkv it detects subs, but in avi or mp4 it doesn't even say that there are subs.

In MBC they all work if I have xy-VSFilter x64 installed, but it seems that MBT uses the x86 version, so I configured it exactly the same as the x64 version, but no joy.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it on the works?

@@rrb008  I believe he said at the beginning of this announcement that he's working on external subtitles.

Kilroy30

I have been waiting for this as I couldn't see enough reason for me to switch to MB3 until MBT came along. Anyways I haven't followed close so forgive me if this is common knowledge but:

1) Does MBT play BlueRay now from its own interal player

2) If one is true will it play from a BlueRay folder structure library

3) Does it bitstream all the HD audio with its internal player

Hope this helps:

1. In my current setup, it will play ripped BluRay but I'm having trouble with .iso's (though it should play by design)

2. If you rip your .iso into a folder with the correct folder name, then it should play. I'm playing it through an external play TMT5 and it's working fine.

3. I have some audio that is ripped as passthrough (M2TS) and it is playing HD audio with the internal player. Love this feature!!!

My little girls profile only lets her access her films not the main film folder but in MBT she can access all my films

Then that is a bug.  Please provide specifics for luke to troubleshoot.

ernstgot

Will there be a option for the ability to transencode for MBT if we wish to use MBT from outside the local network?  Would love to use it instead of always having to use the web client.

Can I install this alongside MBC or will I need to uninstall MBC first?  

Since MBT is a stand alone program it can be installed along side MBC.

Mopar_Mudder

Hope this helps:

1. In my current setup, it will play ripped BluRay but I'm having trouble with .iso's (though it should play by design)

2. If you rip your .iso into a folder with the correct folder name, then it should play. I'm playing it through an external play TMT5 and it's working fine.

3. I have some audio that is ripped as passthrough (M2TS) and it is playing HD audio with the internal player. Love this feature!!!

Thanks that does help with some points. I should have been a little more specific though I think.

My movies are ripped in the original folder layout: Movies/Oblivion/BDMV/Playlist/00000.mpls

No ISO or MKV files, and I want to get rid of TMT and have everything play through MBT

Will there be a option for the ability to transencode for MBT if we wish to use MBT from outside the local network?  Would love to use it instead of always having to use the web client.

You might be better served with the Windows 8/RT client when that becomes available if your intending to use it out of local network.

ernstgot

Just trying this out, i cant seem to get it to play.

Not quite sure what im doing wrong, when i hit play the green bar just shows 00:00/00:000 and says now playing but nothings playing.

I assume my shares are fine i play mkv's in xbmc all the time on this pc, i forwarded mb3 ports as well in my router.

Not sure if its an issue with the lav setup or not...

You said you fixed this by UNC paths.  Can I ask in what way did you use and place these paths?  right now library is like this "Movies"  D:\Blurays  then within that is folders for bluray movies.

@yardameus yes he did. my fault for not reading properly! sorry!

still, it's pretty awesome even though it's not that complete

Edited by rrb008
  • Like 1

A couple things I noticed:

1. Letters don't work.  I tried both the keyboard & remote, but nothing happened.

2. Movies that start with 'The' don't have it removed from the title.  ie. The Hobbit, does not show up in 'H'.

A couple things I noticed:

1. Letters don't work.  I tried both the keyboard & remote, but nothing happened.

2. Movies that start with 'The' don't have it removed from the title.  ie. The Hobbit, does not show up in 'H'.

1. I think they've discussed that's a feature to come. I know I saw it somewhere here today.

2. I just checked, and my movies are sorting properly, ignoring A, An, and The just as should be. "The African Queen" is in the A's... there aren't any movies starting with The in the T's. Are yours sorting properly in the Dashboard interface? I remember I did have to fix the SortTitle in some movies there...but that's where it's controlled, not in the clients.

Edited by pagali
  • Like 1

It isn't all movies, but there are a decent number.  What it looks to be is that the metadata field 'sorting title' has it as 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', as opposed to blank for ones that are correct.

I'm sure that it will get fixed eventually.  I could go and edit the metadata, but that would be too time consuming.

swhitmore

It isn't all movies, but there are a decent number.  What it looks to be is that the metadata field 'sorting title' has it as 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', as opposed to blank for ones that are correct.

I'm sure that it will get fixed eventually.  I could go and edit the metadata, but that would be too time consuming.

Try a force refresh. Have you ever used a 3rd party metadata fetcher?