Emby Theater

Luke

swhitmore

Only odd thing is that the Back button on my MCE remote doesn't work in MBT, although the back key on the keyboard does.

Hmmm, it works on my Harmony remote. I've set it to emulate a MCE remote too,

Strange the back button works on my MCE remote.  Bizarre.  

I just have to say "AWESOME", installed configured with Lav and MadVR and looks and works astounding.  Love the clean simple look, and so much power.  Genres, upcoming, it's just mindblowing.
My wife is very impressed with it as well. Thanks to Luke and team I have a very happy wife  :D

Forgive my ignorance.... Tried to put in path for TMT as external player but keep getting error "please enter a valid player path".   Also not sure what to put in argument - is it the drive letter? Really stuck. Please help.

Forgive my ignorance.... Tried to put in path for TMT as external player but keep getting error "please enter a valid player path".   Also not sure what to put in argument - is it the drive letter? Really stuck. Please help.

Good day,

Just try:

{PATH}

My best

Just starting out with MBT. Excellent for now. Very impressive. "Newbie". Try omitting the inverted commas if you're just cutting and pasting the address of TMT.

Cheesegeezer

I can't believe I missed this.

Congratulations @@Luke, great to see a public Alpha! i know how much hard work you've poured into this over the months

I'm sure you've made many members of the community moist!!! ;)

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 4

Hmmm, it works on my Harmony remote. I've set it to emulate a MCE remote too,

False alarm on the Back button... the problem was that I'd forgotten MBC was open too, and minimized, and they were both using the MCE profiile with my Intelliremote software. So MBC was grabbing some of the button pushes. I just copied the MBC profile, repointed it at the MBT executable, renamed it.... now all is well! User error! :D

Hey, it was late... :P

Edited by pagali

And finally it's here and for an alpha it is pretty nice :)

I've done some testing of playback with lav filters and madvr and it's working ok.

For now I've noticed one issue, audio seems to be out of sync just a little bit when bitstreaming, this doesn't occur in mpc-hc. One more thing, it's worse when playing a movie from bd structure or iso than from mkv.

Edited by makakam

Have been trying this out too, i'm using Nvidia 3DVision player as external player for sbs 3d.

Once I had the arguments set to {PATH} (not {path}.. my bad) it worked like a charm.

One question though, I have LAV filters installed and configured, do I also need MadVr and xyzFilters to be able to play external srt files, or are external subs as of yet not supported?

If the latter is the case, that would be one of my first feature requests.

All in all a great feel, slick and fast!

Well done.

Edited by Ernst

Zero_Kool

Can I install this in place of media browser classic in windows media center? I use my xbox 360 as an extender with MB3. Is there a tutorial for install?

Can I install this in place of media browser classic in windows media center? I use my xbox 360 as an extender with MB3. Is there a tutorial for install?

None needed. Just try it.

gthrift

MB Theater is a standalone program and does not work in WMC or with an extender.

To use your xbox you'll still need to use MBC and WMC.

joshstix

I'm really impressed with the Theater, its sleek quick and effective.

I'm not sure if the Mrs will be happy with it though as her main usage case is to use the new episodes list for each of our collections on the EHS in NEO.  I like the next episodes option though, if that can be configured to show additional shows it will be all good.

Installed and working without a hitch on Win 8.1.. I think this is a great start and I will keep testing... but until we have Live TV integration, I can not use  it on my main machines

Here is my objective and hopefully appreciated opinion all comparing to the MBC on WMC experience

1 - Interface is still a little sparse, but working great and boy is it fast!!

2 - Player is working, but still need to venture out to external player for 3D. Does it support BluRay?

3 - Too soon for cosmetics, but does not use actual Thumb.jpg in thumb views.

4 - I know this will stir some things: but as much as I love the LAV splitter, I do not like the LAV filters. Do not get me wrong, they are ok but just not near as powerful as FFDshow. Full support for DTS audio still depends on TMT. and it does not handle subtitles as well as ffdshow. I think ffdshow code is still much better, but  then again it has not seen a update in months.. Hopefully LAV filters get up to speed with this.

5 - I noticed that if I am browsing movies; it is a little hard to find your way back to the options/view menu using a remote.

Overall, I really like it and can not wait to see the live TV integration and music playback.

hey Luke, watched a coupke of ep's last night and a couple of comments. very quick and clean. whilst watching I was getting pop-ups from my av software re updates etc, any way of disabling them? Also about half way through the second one I got some errors relating to "null" response and had to shut down MBT. it apeared to be related to the server connection but I can't provide any further details at this point as I'm at work. I have never had this with MBC but if it happens again I will report more thoroughly. good work so far.

Love MBT well worth the wait :)

My only ask is when will parental settings be implemented?

?  Parental settings are a part of user profiles on the server.  All clients drive off of them already.