DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

emby_fan
After dvblink update to build 14061 I've recognized the same issue - streaming to IPAD via emby not possible: After starting a broadcast via live TV from emby I just see the "hourglass" symbol.
Steaming to IPAD via native dvblink app (without emby) works fine.
After I've downgraded the dvblink server (I don't know the build number) streaming via emby app works again - but the hourglass symbol is still visible for 5 to 10 seconds.
I've attached the server log file for debugging - I hope it helps.
In general the plugin was working, but by nature if something changed in dvblink the plugin has to follow - we didn't have a synchronized development I assume ...

best regards,
emby_fan

• 5 months later...
vaise

Hi,

Is this plugin working ?  Still being enhanced ? Supported ?

Maybe no updates since March mean it is working perfectly ?  Or it is dead and no-one is using it ?

I am considering moving many things to my NAS - which will mean moving back to dvblink from nextPVR.

Not much point if I cant get the recording services to work with Emby though.

Thanks,

muppets4

Hi,

Is this plugin working ? Still being enhanced ? Supported ?

Maybe no updates since March mean it is working perfectly ? Or it is dead and no-one is using it ?

I am considering moving many things to my NAS - which will mean moving back to dvblink from nextPVR.

Not much point if I cant get the recording services to work with Emby though.

Thanks,

I am using this plugin in a day to day basis and am very happy with it. Only wish I have left is faster changing of channels. The DVBlink app does that a bit faster.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

vaise

Hi @@muppets4.  Thanks for the update.

I never use it for live TV.

It will just be for recorded TV talking to my HDHomeruns.

The emby plugin for this I may therefore not use and just have an emby library over the recorded TV.

If I do use the plugin, and just for recorded TV do you see any benefits over the above ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
t.andre

Hi, the plugin is not dead I will publish a new version soon.

Just for information I use it every day.

Cheers

Edited by t.andre
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
t.andre

Hi,

I have published a new version of the plugin for Emby beta 3.2.33.19 and greater

Cheers.

t.andre

Hi t.andre. Thanks for all of your hard work. Could you tell me what has changed?

It's just minor changes to improve the connection to the server.

Cheers.

QDivision

Hi,

The latest updated 1.5.01 doesn't install properly in the latest stable Emby 3.2.34. It says it install but when you restart Emby it disappears from the plugins page. It's still in the catalogue and I can install it again but as soon as you restart to finish installation it gets removed.

QDivision

Also, if I roll back to 1.5.0.0 it installs fine but now I have no TV data, I get the following error in the log:

2017-10-24 08:03:45.733 Info App: [DVBLink] - Initializing
2017-10-24 08:03:45.733 Info App: [DVBLink] - Configuration updated
2017-10-24 08:03:45.748 Info App: [DVBLink] - Connecting to server : http://10.0.0.2:8100/cs/
2017-10-24 08:03:45.748 Error App: [DVBLink] - It's not possible to Ensure a connection to the Server
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.2.34.0
    Command line: C:\Users\Neo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\Neo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\Neo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\Neo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\Neo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application directory: C:\Users\Neo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System
    System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
     at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
     at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
     at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args)
     at Emby.Plugins.DVBLink.Helpers.PluginLogger.ErrorException(String message, Exception exception, Object[] paramList)
     at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.HttpClientBase.<GetResponseObjectAsync>d__26`2.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.DVBLinkClient.<EnsureConnectionAsync>d__82.MoveNext()
    System.FormatException
     at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
     at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
     at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args)
     at Emby.Plugins.DVBLink.Helpers.PluginLogger.ErrorException(String message, Exception exception, Object[] paramList)
     at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.HttpClientBase.<GetResponseObjectAsync>d__26`2.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.DVBLinkClient.<EnsureConnectionAsync>d__82.MoveNext()

QDivision

Thanks for the quick response. Works great now! One question though. Using RAW transport stream works better but in the configuration it says it doesn't support timeshift but timeshift still works. Is that old information?

QDivision

Please can you look at the following thread, this is about the movie names not displaying correctly:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49647-image-white-space-and-aspect-ratio-problems/?p=503257

"there's something hacky going on in the plugin from what i can see. If i had to guess, it's setting IsSeries=true, leaving the Name blank and filling the movie title into the EpisodeTitle field. If that's true then that needs to be cleaned up."

Would be great to get this sorted.

Many Thanks!

@@t.andre, I have an issue with the DVBLink plugin where my Apple TV 4K doesn't play channels or recordings on tvOS11.1.

My iPad (ios11.0.3) doesn't have this problem.

Could you please take a look here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52480-live-tv-not-working-apple-tv-4k-dvblink-plugin/

Thanks !

Edited by Senna

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
QDivision

Hi,

Latest update seems to work well except the images no longer display correctly through the Live TV Recording section and there is a new home screen tile called DVBLink Recordings. If I go to that the images appear correctly but then clicking on a recording opens a new page with a single tile of the recording with no image that I have to click again to bring up the actual recording page which again has no image.

see screenshots.

Also would it be possible to change the new tile DVBLink Recordings to just 'Recordings' or make it an editable option?

post-3832-0-75127000-1519509105_thumb.png

post-3832-0-92061100-1519509110_thumb.png

post-3832-0-57224300-1519509130_thumb.png

post-3832-0-98254600-1519509204_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
Senna

@@muppets4 Can you tell us something about your loading times of HD channels with this update ?

Because I ditched the DVBLink plugin in Emby after I tested this for countless hours, when I started with Emby.

Are HD channel loading times, when probing is already done, still around 7-10 seconds ?

muppets4

I don't know. I did not install it yet. Until now I am using 1.5.2 and that still has the slow loading times. The viewer from dvblink is much faster. But Emby is better in almost every other way. Better picture quality and low CPU usage for example.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk