XBOX app plans?

TheRealScottR

Snapper

Did MS ever approve your request to develop MB3 for X1?  I saw today that they approved the Plex client http://www.wpcentral.com/plex-coming-xbox-one.  It seems as though they should approve MB3 if they are going to approve Plex.

I know there is the universal concept they announced earlier, but the fact that is just a concept implies it would still be a long ways off.

• Like 2

trooper11

Did MS ever approve your request to develop MB3 for X1?  I saw today that they approved the Plex client http://www.wpcentral.com/plex-coming-xbox-one.  It seems as though they should approve MB3 if they are going to approve Plex.

I know there is the universal concept they announced earlier, but the fact that is just a concept implies it would still be a long ways off.

Well I think the nice thing is that the only part of it that might still be considered in the 'concept' stage is the delivery system to the X1.  For a developer, the actual tools to create universal apps are out now and anyone can go and make a working app. 

The only piece left is MS setting up the system by which developers can submit universal apps to the X1. 

Right now, it seems like they are trying to expand the ID@Xbox program to cover apps, but my guess would be that they plan to offer a single app submission experience across all of these devices in the future.

nickgrill

this is all exciting news.  I cant wait for an app, I am tired of using my controller and want a native app. 

• 5 months later...
7illusions

I wish I could give you guys some information, but I'll have to remain silent about this for a while longer..

• Like 6

SikSlayer

Sounds like a good sign at least.

Indeed. There's little reason to think of that as a negative.  ;)

wraslor

This could tempt me to buy an xb1, I wouldn't mind having the gaming side but if you can really do the voice commands in app it could totally replace a htpc!

The most interesting part of the article was the pricing and 360 statement. "For now, being a Plex Pass subscriber is the only way you'll be able to use the company's new Xbox One app. It's free to subscribers at launch, and will be made available for a one-time fee to everyone else at a later date. Expect that price to be around $4.99, and that's after a free 30-day trial. The Xbox 360 version of Plex isn't ready quite yet, but should arrive within the next couple weeks."

I sure hope whatever plans are going behind the scenes for MB3 includes a app for 360 for its 80+ million consoles sold. Just wanted to throw it out there that I'm available to help in any way possible on either of these devices.

• Like 3

johnbury

So how about an update re availability of MB on XBOX One?  I have been a user of MB for quite a while, and don't really want to have to 'change horse' to get the same experience on my Xbox One.  Please share the progress / issues

cheers

ncarty97

So any more movement on this?  I saw that the Plex app is available now for both the 360 and One.  Would really love to have MB on my 360's that I use as MCE extenders (for the Live and recorded TV)

Considering they have years of development on us and orders of magnitude more resources I think it is pretty amazing how close we are.  Also, we do have some things they don't (user management and better metadata for instance).

• Like 1

Deihmos

Plex is also coming to the 360. Is media browser also making a 360 app?

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Deathsquirrel

Plex on the Xbox one is probably worth $5.  A decent MB3 client is worth more...

TAKEMYMONEY!

ncarty97

MB is available on your 360 as an extender...

I'm not sure what that means.  You can play Media Browser through Windows Media Center when its functioning as an extender?  If so, that never seemed to work before.  Is this new?

newfiend

Yeah I'm all in on a Xbox 360 Media Browser app. There are a gazillion of theses things out there (I own 3) and would LOVE a MB3 app for these or better extender implementation through WMC.. Although that may be a limiting factor due to WMC's eventual demise.

Sent from My Lumia 920