Emby Server on Synology

rvmourik

jeonunh

I apologize if this is an annoying question, but is there an idea of when a package will be available for download?  I have the 415+ and would love to get this running.

I apologize if this is an annoying question, but is there an idea of when a package will be available for download?  I have the 415+ and would love to get this running.

Did you read post #148?

jeonunh

Did you read post #148?

Yes - That was where I had determined that a package didn't yet exist for general download.  I guess nobody is leading the charge just yet.  I can be patient... I swear...  Is it ready now? :rolleyes:

Snapper

Yes - That was where I had determined that a package didn't yet exist for general download.  I guess nobody is leading the charge just yet.  I can be patient... I swear...  Is it ready now? :rolleyes:

Did you read post #135?  I posted a link to my 415+ package.  If you follow the instructions from earlier in this thread and use that package, you can easily get it running on your 415+.

• Like 1

jeonunh

Did you read post #135?  I posted a link to my 415+ package.  If you follow the instructions from earlier in this thread and use that package, you can easily get it running on your 415+.

I read the entire thread and saw that there are options.  I was just hoping for a finalized version that is simple to install.  That's why I bought a Synology instead of building a Linux server... Simplicity.  Thank you for the link.  I downloaded the files and will give them a try tonight.

jeonunh

I tried installing using the packages that Snapper hosted.  Imagemagic installed fine, but the Emby package says I need Mono version 3.6 or higher.  The only one available on Synocommunity is 3.4

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to find Mono 3.6 somewhere?

jeonunh

3.4 should be fine as long as you're not using https

I installed 3.4, but I still get this message when I try to install the Mediabrowser package.

"Please install the following package(s) before installing this package: Mono (any version later than 3.6)"

Is there something I need to do to get this to install without checking dependencies?

simono5

I installed 3.4, but I still get this message when I try to install the Mediabrowser package.

"Please install the following package(s) before installing this package: Mono (any version later than 3.6)"

Is there something I need to do to get this to install without checking dependencies?

can you not still install Mono 3.10 from https://packages.synocommunity.com from within Package Centre on your Synology?

You'll need to set Package Centre to show Beta packages.

jeonunh

Ok - I figured it out.  When I looked at "All" packages I thought it would show all the Synocommunity packages, but it only had 3.4.  When I clicked on the "Community" tab I was able to get 3.10.  Now I have everything installed.  Thanks!!

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get into Emby with my remote connection so I'll need to wait until I get home tonight to finish setting things up.

jeonunh

So - For what it's worth - I got everything to load and run properly.  I'm still having issues connecting remotely, but I might just need to open up a port.  I didn't have as much time as I wanted to mess around with things this weekend.

demon1300

Guys running into a few issues now... Looks as though ImageMagick isn't happy:

2015-04-22 19:50:44.1811 Error - App: Error loading ImageMagick. Will revert to GDI.
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5582.4
	Command line: /usr/local/mediabrowser/share/MBServer/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/mediabrowser/var
	Operating system: Unix 3.2.40.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /usr/local/mediabrowser/var
	Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Sat Mar 28 10:18:33 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/mediabrowser/share/MBServer/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	libMagickWand-6.Q8.so
	System.DllNotFoundException
	  at (wrapper managed-to-native) ImageMagickSharp.WandInterop:MagickWandGenesis ()
	  at ImageMagickSharp.Wand.InitializeEnvironment () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at ImageMagickSharp.Wand..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at ImageMagickSharp.Wand.<.cctor>b__5 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Lazy`1[ImageMagickSharp.Wand].InitValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Then it looks like there's an issue with the dynamic image provider:

2015-04-22 19:51:40.8654 Error - App: Error in Dynamic Image Provider
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /usr/local/mediabrowser/share/MBServer/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/mediabrowser/var
	Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/mediabrowser/share/MBServer/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus
	System.TypeInitializationException
	  at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor (Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor (int,int,System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat)
	  at Emby.Drawing.GDI.DynamicImageHelpers.CreateSquareCollage (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 files, IFileSystem fileSystem, System.String file, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Emby.Drawing.GDI.GDIImageEncoder.CreateImageCollage (MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageCollageOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.CreateImageCollage (MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageCollageOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].CreateCollage (IHasImages primaryItem, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items, System.String outputPath, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean drawText, System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].CreatePosterCollage (IHasImages primaryItem, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items, System.String outputPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].CreateImage (IHasImages item, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 itemsWithImages, System.String outputPath, ImageType imageType, Int32 imageIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1+<FetchToFileInternal>d__c[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.ItemUpdateType].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1+<FetchAsync>d__6[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.ItemUpdateType].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1+<FetchAsync>d__1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2+<RunCustomProvider>d__4d[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet,MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BoxSetInfo].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException
	libgdiplus.so
	  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
	  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2015-04-22 19:51:41.2831 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/3TXIuCHr2m9oZcLJOc5qo9o5WsT.jpg
2015-04-22 19:51:42.1664 Error - Main: UnhandledException
	*** Error Report ***
	An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus
	System.TypeInitializationException
	  at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor (Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor (int,int,System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat)
	  at Emby.Drawing.GDI.DynamicImageHelpers.CreateSquareCollage (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 files, IFileSystem fileSystem, System.String file, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Emby.Drawing.GDI.GDIImageEncoder.CreateImageCollage (MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageCollageOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.CreateImageCollage (MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageCollageOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].CreateCollage (IHasImages primaryItem, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items, System.String outputPath, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean drawText, System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].CreatePosterCollage (IHasImages primaryItem, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items, System.String outputPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].CreateImage (IHasImages item, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 itemsWithImages, System.String outputPath, ImageType imageType, Int32 imageIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1+<FetchToFileInternal>d__c[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1+<FetchAsync>d__6[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Photos.BaseDynamicImageProvider`1+<FetchAsync>d__1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2+<RunCustomProvider>d__4d[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Movies.BoxSet,MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BoxSetInfo].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException
	libgdiplus.so
	  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
	  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2015-04-22 19:51:42.1775 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/vmE52XvE2yWWQFt4g1x17K070gY.jpg

Can anyone help me sort it out?

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by demon1300

n00b42

There are some packages around, but none for my architecture, so I still try to get things done by myself, but I struggle as I did not get how those packages were created.

So I compiled Emby using the given build script and end up with a tar.gz, but how do I use that with spksrc?

Could someone how managed to do that himself explain it to me?

And do I need to compile/package ImageMagick myself?

(DS414j / MINDSPEED Comcerto C2000 CPU / architecture:comcerto2k)

breezytm

Can anyone who has a working Synology setup please tell me what their dependencies versions are. 

Mono, imageMagick version, etc... and also their source code link if possible. Thanks. 

drouault1975

Hello guys,

I have a Synology DS414, I don't find emby package that feets with my server (all I found are rejected at installation step). I upgraded successfully to DSM 5.2, install Mono OK, install image Magick OK but all emby version I found are failling

- mediabrowser_cedarview_20150223-3.spk: i thought it was the right version as I have an arm proc as far as I know. Am I wrong ?

- mediabrowser_bromolow_20150223-3.spk: idem KO

- mediabrowser_avoton_20150223-3.spk: Idem KO

Can you please heeelp me ? It would be very helpfull :)

Thank you in advance !

Damien

n00b42
- mediabrowser_cedarview_20150223-3.spk: i thought it was the right version as I have an arm proc as far as I know. Am I wrong ?

According to the spksrc page on github you would need an armadaxp package for an DS414.

Mortyre

hello

I installed emby on my synology DS1815+ following instructions below (mono pack from synologycommunities, imagepack for avoton and mediabrowser.spk for avoton). Just after I updated wit the last version of server 3.0.5588.1)  and changed the link for imagepack (Q16). all seems ok  :-)

My problem was that there is no scan on my library, it doesn't start. when I add library from my nas I see only one level volumex/folder1 but not under folder1 --> resolved

Edited by Mortyre

Dhostetter1023

Has anyone got this to work on DS1515+?

Would love to be able to go back to Emby again.

Was always my favorite.

Please let me know.

Thx,

Dave

hifiaudio2

Nice -  I am almost tempted to start messing around with all of those packages, something I have not done before for any program on my Synology.  I assume, though, at some point, an Emby install on the Synology will be as simple as a single executable that takes care of the backend files?  Just needs someone to compile it..? 

Also, if I were to do the manual package install, which ImageMagick file is it?  That is the only one that doesnt clearly say "x64".  

camielkb

I have emby working on my xpenology (Homebuild synology) server. Works very nice, but for now one big disadvantage: After not using Emby for a while, I can't go back into the webpage. I have to stop Emby in the Synology package center and start it again and then it works for a while. No idea what is happening. Will have to wait to get it more stable maybe. I've been using the old MediaBrowser before, and I really like what Emby has become! Streaming , editing media, Kodi.. just great :)

I have emby working on my xpenology (Homebuild synology) server. Works very nice, but for now one big disadvantage: After not using Emby for a while, I can't go back into the webpage. I have to stop Emby in the Synology package center and start it again and then it works for a while. No idea what is happening. Will have to wait to get it more stable maybe. I've been using the old MediaBrowser before, and I really like what Emby has become! Streaming , editing media, Kodi.. just great :)

Cool, thanks for the info! If you want to grab a server log and make note of the time you attempted to use the web interface, then maybe we can try and diagnose that issue. thanks.