Emby Server on Synology

rvmourik

We'll just have the server ignore them for the next release. Thanks.

• Like 1

Vlaves

And regarding ffmpeg and hardware acceleration. At least Emby server needs to know that the ffmpeg version (specified in that config file) is a version with HW Acceleration compiled in, so in case of transcoding to h264 it will use the corresponding option of the ffmpeg command.

Vlaves

We'll just have the server ignore them for the next release. Thanks.

Thanks for your support :)

Hello i have a synology ds213j armada370 i now this is not to fast but here my logs, wen i try to see a movie i dont have image can you please see if is codec problem

Tanks

how did you install?

AlwinHummels

Is there any 5607.2 available for DS415play / evansport ?

You could try the x86 version and then update,

You can update it yourself to Version 3.0.5621.3

Install the cytec version for your system.

after that stop the Emby server

DL files https://github.com/M...rowser.Mono.zip

Upload the extracted files to /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/

Start the server 

Worked for me!

Thanks to @@Angel1835 for the tip.

Edited by AlwinHummels
  • Like 1

Dhostetter1023

Upload the extracted files to /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/

I'm new to the Synology unit so forgive me for asking a stupid question but what app / plugin is best for accessing the volume1 directory? The File Station app only lists the shares. Is there something else I could install / use from the DSM desktop to access Volume1?
Please let me know.

Neodragon

The previous DS415play / evansport  cytec pkg depends on MediaInfo 7.72-1. The current version of MediaInfo is 7.73-2. So I also could not install the previous pkg dur to depencies.

Thx for you help

RobsterUK

Dhostetter0123:

you will need to use WinSCP to browse the root of the volume.

It will allow you acces to the files hidden from the DSM file browser.

Create an SCP session and login with root & the password of your default admin account

Copy the files indicated above and you should be good to go

Edited by RobsterUK
  • Like 2

Dhostetter1023

RobsterUK, just finsihed setting it up when I saw your quick responce.

Thanks!

Edit: Just updated to Version 3.0.5621.4, seems to be running fine.

Edited by Dhostetter1023

Dhostetter1023

Just when I thought I had everything running great. I updated MediaInfo to the newest version and it seems to have caused some issues with Emby. Not knowing what to do I decided just to start over so I uninstalled Emby and tried to install my cytek version. Now it says its not compatible with the Mediainfo from Syn Community. I found a link to "mediainfo_x86_0.7.72-1.spk" but when I try to install it it says not compatible with Diskstation.

Screwed myself.

Any suggestions?

neiluys

Can anyone he with how to install Emby on a ds214Play ... I installed ffmpeg, and all the other pre requirements ... I tried the x86 test spk but get a message saying it wont work on the platform....

Strudo76

Would it be worth installing on a DS212J if playback will be handled by a PC? Probably wouldn't need any transcoding as the PC will handle decoding.

Also is this an officially supported Emby setup, or would it be best to wait for an official announcement? I don't really want to have to jump through hoops to get it running while my current PC based install works fine (i.e. I'm not in a hurry).

Regarding that, will moving my current MB3 server from my PC to a Synology NAS based server be supported, or will I be setting up from scratch. All the media are stored on the NAS already, just the server software running on a PC, which is the same PC I use for playback currently.

AlwinHummels

Can anyone he with how to install Emby on a ds214Play ... I installed ffmpeg, and all the other pre requirements ... I tried the x86 test spk but get a message saying it wont work on the platform....

You need the evansport package

neiluys

Thanks - how do I install the evansport package on a DS214Play... ? when I try and install the package via the Synology Package Center "manual install" option it says the platform is not supported ...

AlwinHummels

Thanks - how do I install the evansport package on a DS214Play... ? when I try and install the package via the Synology Package Center "manual install" option it says the platform is not supported ...

Strange hope someone have a solution for you, my answer was based on this:

DS214play Intel Atom CE5335 i686 1.6 2 4 yes SSSE3 evansport DDR3 1GB H/W media decoding, H/W H.264 encoder, SD Card, USB 3.0 (2x), USB 2.0 (1x), eSATA, WoL

Maybe you can try the packages one by one till you have a working one. (Trial and error)

Edited by AlwinHummels

neiluys

Maybe I'm doing something stupid ... can someone tell me where to get the evansport package - I'll re-download and try all steps again ...  

pocket

How to update to the new version, i transform my pc in a nas system now i have a DS3615xs processador intel i install emby and runs very smoth

Snapper

Maybe I'm doing something stupid ... can someone tell me where to get the evansport package - I'll re-download and try all steps again ...  

Download the x86 package, then download 7zip, rename the .spk file to .tar, extract the file to a folder, edit the INFO file with notepad, change the arch type to evansport, save the file, use 7zip to add all the files to a new compressed tar file, rename the .tar file to .spk, and then do the manual install.

Synology bases it's installation decisions on the supported arch types in the INFO file.  The evansport CPU is a standard Intel CPU and will support any x86 application.

• Like 1