Luke

Eddie

did you add storage to the jail?

add storage in the jail

/mnt/volume/PATH/TO/YOUR/MEDIA/IN/FREENAS

/media/NAMEOFFOLDERINSIDEYOURJAIL

hjason7812

no problem.

ill look into the tls error too, and see if an updated mono/openssl version fixes it and update the plugin.

Thanks they pop up more and more as you use emby.. Like right now i have 12 of those errors and i used the server maybe 20 minutes..

hjason7812

did you add storage to the jail?

add storage in the jail

/mnt/volume/PATH/TO/YOUR/MEDIA/IN/FREENAS

/media/NAMEOFFOLDERINSIDEYOURJAIL

Yes i thought i did and Josh reminded me, thanks though...

• 2 weeks later...
ebike

Hi,

I am having issues of late with the plugin for iocage. I am running version 3.3.0.0

After immediate installation and directing it to my media all the folders obtained poster art just fine, but I wanted to re-do the media type to Movies for my TV recordings, so following instruction I removed that library and re-did it with that media type.

However, the poster art is missing and won't download ... no matter what I do, I try re-scanning, tried re-obtaining metadata ... nothing works.

How do I get my art back again?

Cheers

PS: I get jason's error as well ..

Edited by ebike

Hi,

I am having issues of late with the plugin for iocage. I am running version 3.3.0.0

After immediate installation and directing it to my media all the folders obtained poster art just fine, but I wanted to re-do the media type to Movies for my TV recordings, so following instruction I removed that library and re-did it with that media type.

However, the poster art is missing and won't download ... no matter what I do, I try re-scanning, tried re-obtaining metadata ... nothing works.

How do I get my art back again?

Cheers

PS: I get jason's error as well ..

Can you please attach the emby server log from the timeframe that you had a problem? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

ebike

Hi  Luke,

File is attached .... now that I have found out how to attached a file to this post :)

File is only part of the 12Mb log file, but shows the errors

ebike

I did attach it, but I am having issues with adding files in this forum/firefox ... I will try again.

Also, I notice that the latest recordings I did, fetched it's artwork fine, it is just the old ones in that lib that are missing ..

EDIT: I notice I can do an "identify" and fetch the posterart fine for each one, ..but I don't want to do that to recover 200 odd movies ... there must be a better way ..

emeby_error.txt

Edited by ebike

Have you configured a network connection for your jail? All outgoing http requests to the  metadata providers are timing out. At least the ones in this log. 

josh4trunks

Have you configured a network connection for your jail? All outgoing http requests to the metadata providers are timing out. At least the ones in this log.

this can be tested with "ping google.com", and "ping 8.8.8.8"

hjason7812

i had the same problem where i couldn't get internet all the way through freenas. i changed the dns servers from blank to what i want to use and made sure my gateway was right. after i did that everything worked fine for internet.

ebike

Yes, I think that was it. At the time I think a fresh boot of FreeNAS did not give a nameserver, a re-boot fixed it. 

As noted in my edit to my last post. Recodings done now are ok.

But still the Posterart for the older recordings are not there ... how do I force it to re-load posterart?

Edited by ebike

You can try right clicking on one of them and selecting refresh metadata. You can also try doing that on a folder.

ebike

Hmm, that did not work on a lot of them. Re-typing the movie name into "identify" was the only way to get the artwork ..

(They did not have a strange name either .. )

Probably because they had no identifying information to download such artwork, and the Identify process helped get that information added. Thanks for reporting back.

• 3 weeks later...
Validar

Hi everyone. I have the same problem as was posted here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50674-no-titles-in-dlna-after-upgrade-from-jessie-to-stretch/
On my TV i can see Library folders, but it is empty. By the web interface, everything work fine. Freenas plugin version 3.3.1.0. TV Model is Samsung UE48H6200.
In logs i have this error: "Error UpnpContentDirectory: Error parsing item Id: V. Returning user root folder."
Is any way to fix this problem? Thanx.

Edited by Validar
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. I have the same problem as was posted here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50674-no-titles-in-dlna-after-upgrade-from-jessie-to-stretch/

On my TV i can see Library folders, but it is empty. By the web interface, everything work fine. Freenas plugin version 3.3.1.0. TV Model is Samsung UE48H6200.

In logs i have this error: "Error UpnpContentDirectory: Error parsing item Id: V. Returning user root folder."

Is any way to fix this problem? Thanx.

Hi, can you please attach the emby server log? thanks.

hjason7812

@@Validar it sounds like you didn't properly add the media into emby. i have found on freenas you have to add your media in media also add storage to the media file and mount it. i have found out that if you don't moubt it, it will disappear like it was never there.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, i just woke up.. hope this all helps you.

Validar

@@Validar it sounds like you didn't properly add the media into emby. i have found on freenas you have to add your media in media also add storage to the media file and mount it. i have found out that if you don't moubt it, it will disappear like it was never there.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, i just woke up.. hope this all helps you.

Hi Hjason7812, I don't think so. In the Firefox, IE and my very old TV (Philips) all work perfectly.

Hi, can you please attach the emby server log? thanks.

Hi Luke, sorry I didn't do it early. IP address which ends on 21 is my problem TV.

emby_log.txt

weaselwebb

its on my todo list to update the freenas plugin to emby version 3.4.1.0

Thanks Josh,