FreeNAS plugin

Luke

josh4trunks

I don't want to be a nag, but could we pretty please get the freenas plugin updated to the latest release?

Right now we have the .32 version which seems to lack the ability to disable the halloween theme and has the known overlay bug that got fixed in .35 ... the way things are, Emby is painful to use :(

i uploaded version .33 to my local repo 8 days ago but it looks like thats not the version publicly available. either ix's server didn't pull from my local repo, or their CDN isnt propogating. ill investigate and work on getting version .35 out.

• Like 1

eraser8

i uploaded version .33 to my local repo 8 days ago but it looks like thats not the version publicly available. either ix's server didn't pull from my local repo, or their CDN isnt propogating. ill investigate and work on getting version .35 out.

Thank you Josh!

josh4trunks

I'm still stuck at version 3.2.32.0... is it just me?

Thanks Josh for keeping the FreeNAS plugin up-to-date!

no, its not just you

Baenwort

So I saw that .33 was up and I updated to it.

Now I can't get the service to start via FreeNAS GUI and when I do "service emby-server start" in the jail I do not get an error message but the web app is not responding to port 8096.

Anyone else silly enough to update but isn't having any problems?

eraser8

So I saw that .33 was up and I updated to it.

Now I can't get the service to start via FreeNAS GUI and when I do "service emby-server start" in the jail I do not get an error message but the web app is not responding to port 8096.

Anyone else silly enough to update but isn't having any problems?

I've update it today and all working fine. Freenas 11.0-u2

dolphin

I also had no issues after updating the Emby server plug-in to 3.2.33.

I'm running FreeNAS version 11.0-U4 (latest).

Perhaps the guy who ran into issues is running an outdated version of FreeNAS?

By the way, thank you so much Josh and whomever else I might be failing to mention!

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Vidman

Working fine for me when tho I was hoping for the latest version of the server. Not that I am complaining, I know this is maintained in someone's spare time and I'm grateful

Edited by Vidman

Baenwort

I also had no issues after updating the Emby server plug-in to 3.2.33.

I'm running FreeNAS version 11.0-U4 (latest).

Perhaps the guy who ran into issues is running an outdated version of FreeNAS?

By the way, thank you so much Josh and whomever else I might be failing to mention!

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm on FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b) also. I'm not sure what could be the cause. I'm going to try reinstalling the pbi to see if perhaps something got corrupted. If I could find an error message or log I would have somewhere to start but since the interface is not starting I'm not clear on where I can find any logs as the CLI doesn't throw any errors.

Thanks @josh4trunks appreciated your time on this! I updated fine to .33 but the Live TV Guide is now blank.  I haven't checked the Live TV forum yet but last time this happened a new version fixed it.  I'm hoping updating to the latest will resolve the blank TV guide.

Not sure what's going on to be honest. It's now working fine with .33. i think schedules direct has been doing maintenance or some issue for the past few days. 

Just to be clear, i updated to .33 on Saturday morning, found the guide blank last night into this morning, and just minutes ago I was able to refresh the guide with no problem. all on .33.

Not sure what's going on to be honest. It's now working fine with .33. i think schedules direct has been doing maintenance or some issue for the past few days. 

Just to be clear, i updated to .33 on Saturday morning, found the guide blank last night into this morning, and just minutes ago I was able to refresh the guide with no problem. all on .33.

Over the last few days they did have a maintenance period, yes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Baenwort

So there are some fixes in the newest server version. In particular is a fix for the aspect ratio of the displayed thumb nails in photo libraries.  Any ETA on when you might find time to update the plug in? Is it the change to .NET CORE that is making difficulties?

I'm still having issues with my original plugin jail not being able to start the emby service and not giving any error on either the FreeNAS GUI or in the PUTTY window when I try to start it since the .33 upgrade. I'm not sure where else I could find a log to submit as typically in the past I could grab it from the Emby GUI to submit it. And that won't start up for this jail.

I did create a fresh jail/plugin install of .33 and it is working with my FreeNAS 11-u4 machine so I don't think the problem is intrinsic to .33 but rather something in the update from .32 to .33 failed hard in my original plugin.

adrianwi

Its pretty simple to install emby into a jail without using the plugin.  That way, you can update as soon as the new version is available, rather than having to wait for the plugin to be updated.

Vidman

Its pretty simple to install emby into a jail without using the plugin. That way, you can update as soon as the new version is available, rather than having to wait for the plugin to be updated.

Simple is a relative/subjective term Edited by Vidman

dolphin

Thank you, I'm going to give it a try.

After creating a jail, following these instructions should be enough, right? https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html

Its pretty simple to install emby into a jail without using the plugin.  That way, you can update as soon as the new version is available, rather than having to wait for the plugin to be updated.

I agree... but then they go and ruin it by mentioning a lot of extra stuff under 'Additional Notes' and thats where i give up and decide to wait...

adrianwi

Most of those are just checkboxes when you're installing ffmpeg, and then a couple of commands to set users and autostart the service.  I don't remember how long it took, but it can't have been more the 30 minutes and most of that is just accepting the defaults.

dolphin

I agree... but then they go and ruin it by mentioning a lot of extra stuff under 'Additional Notes' and thats where i give up and decide to wait...

I agree with you!

Most of those are just checkboxes when you're installing ffmpeg, and then a couple of commands to set users and autostart the service.  I don't remember how long it took, but it can't have been more the 30 minutes and most of that is just accepting the defaults.

Thank you for helping out. That was far from obvious!

Maybe when I get time I'll go through it and take a bunch of screen shots.. I'm sure I'll get stuck somewhere and come back for input... but if it's super simple then maybe I can make a guide for other people with screen shots.