FreeNAS plugin

Luke

josh4trunks

I'm stuck with this version using emby on my freenas 11.1-u6... huge changes with freenas 11.2 still in Release Candidate and I most likely wont upgrade for a few months until 11.2 is rock solid so I'm kinda stuck for now...

Hoping to get the update built soon. But... been super busy, and then my (arch linux) desktop crashed during an update. I think my i5-3570K CPU may be giving out after so many years being overclocked lol. My system has been unbootable and I'm trying to reinstall the OS while saving my virtualbox build environment for FreeNAS plugins. May take me a few more days, fingers crossed.

josh4trunks

As a progress update, I have gotten my build system working again. I updated the port to the latest, which is now the pre-built version 3.5.3.0.  This brings lots of changes, and currently not working with my old build system. I will try updating the mono I have bundled and see if that fixes things. Also will need to check if the realtime filesystem scanning patch still applies/works with the latest mono.

/usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/mono /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000012
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x00031] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0 
  at EmbyServer.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0001b] in <033fa2bbba1b441989dc1a2fa6fd19e3>:0 
  at EmbyServer.Program.<Main> (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <033fa2bbba1b441989dc1a2fa6fd19e3>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000012
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x00031] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0 
  at EmbyServer.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0001b] in <033fa2bbba1b441989dc1a2fa6fd19e3>:0 
  at EmbyServer.Program.<Main> (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <033fa2bbba1b441989dc1a2fa6fd19e3>:0 

Ty for the update I appreciate it... hopefully this is the last time since freenas 11.2 should be stable soon and iowarden will mature...just curious what version of freenas are you running

So when I try installing 3.5.3, instead of installing over the top of 3.5.2 which was freshy installed and is using the IOCage type jails, it installs another copy. What am I doing wrong? I too am dealing with the inability to scroll using chrome.

AOSandman

So when I try installing 3.5.3, instead of installing over the top of 3.5.2 which was freshy installed and is using the IOCage type jails, it installs another copy. What am I doing wrong? I too am dealing with the inability to scroll using chrome.

According to the FreeNAS documentation:

13.2. Update
When a newer version of a plugin becomes available in the official repository, update the plugin jail by navigating to the Jails page and clicking  (Options) and Update.

That isn't working for me (I'm still stuck at 3.5.2) but YMMV.  Give it a shot & let us know the results.
Edited by AOSandman

Thanks for the reply, I should have been a bit more specific as the option to "Update" isn't available. Only "Install". The button looks wide enough for other options but they aren't there. Also, all the icons are broken for some reason. I tried running the install but it just added another full, blank copy of Emby. For some reason, It doesn't see my existing 3.5.2 install which is working other than I can't finish setting it up without being able to scroll to certain buttons needed for saving settings. I'm running 11.2 RC1 Freenas, and also still have a functional "Warden" jail emby running which is what I've been running for several years. I plan to remove it once I get the new Emby setup. What can I try next? 

5be39287088d4_Capture.jpg

AOSandman

Thanks for the reply, I should have been a bit more specific as the option to "Update" isn't available. Only "Install". The button looks wide enough for other options but they aren't there. Also, all the icons are broken for some reason. I tried running the install but it just added another full, blank copy of Emby. For some reason, It doesn't see my existing 3.5.2 install which is working other than I can't finish setting it up without being able to scroll to certain buttons needed for saving settings. I'm running 11.2 RC1 Freenas, and also still have a functional "Warden" jail emby running which is what I've been running for several years. I plan to remove it once I get the new Emby setup. What can I try next? 

5be39287088d4_Capture.jpg

You're still looking at the plugin. The "update" option is only available on the jail.  Again, I don't know if it will work for you (it doesn't for me) but according to the FreeNAS documentation, that is what is supposed to work.

AOSandman, thanks again, so I found the option on the Jail to update and clicked it. It sortof blinks and then shows a message at the bottom "Selected Jail(s) updated successfully." but nothing else really happens, Going back to the plugin, still shows emby at 3.5.2. I would try updating Emby via the command line but am not sure exactly how to do it. I find the update on Git, but it doesn't match a previous command line I found for an older version. I'm not much of a Linux person just a person that can read and with a bit of guidance usually get the job done. Anyone know the exact command line I need to execute to update Emby 3.5.2 to 3.5.3 so the scrollbars will work in Chrome? Also why might all the plugins listed be missing their normal icons? 

Edit: I changed Chrome's site settings back to defaults and the Icons showed up! I must have had something blocked. 

Edited by wkellyo

AOSandman

Hi, why not just update using the same way you originally installed?

Hi Luke, that's exactly what we're trying to do.  My original install (and I believe wkellyo's) was from the official plugin repository.  According the the FreeNAS documentation the "correct" way to update an existing install of any plugin is to navigate to the jail for that plugin, click options & update.  That's the part that isn't working. Something seems to run, immediately says it was successful, but nothing is actually updated.

Happy to pull some logs and help troubleshoot, just let me know where to look.

PS - I'm sure I could manage to update the jail from the command line, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.  The low maintenance simplicity of the FreeNAS plugin system is what brought me to Emby in the first place.  Updates worked in the old Warden jails, so I'm hoping that we can get them working again in the new iocage jails as well (and happy to help contribute to that effort in any way I can).

Edited by AOSandman
  • Like 2

AOSandman, thanks, that would be my reply as well. My FreeNas server's been running for about 4 years now and along this ride there has been some bumps but I've managed to wait out an update, get it going, etc. Its these newest changes (New GUI, IOCAGE Jails, etc.) that has left me unable to keep up with. My Warden version of Emby stopped updating back in march or "spring" sometime and after doing a lot of reading discovered the IOCAGE changes, read about having to move into that direction so I started. I still have the old 3.3.1. Emby running (oddly it won't scroll either) and recently just decided to install a fresh copy of emby after setting up the IOCAGE jails to the same Pool as the old version. I used the "Available plugins" to install the new Emby and at the time was 3.5.2.  It won't update to 3.5.3 

Luke, if there is anything I can help with along with AOSandman, I'll help. I bow to you and all the other guys that do all the work and even subscribe to Emby Premiere to help support the effort. 

I have an idea for you...

Backup your current emby using the plugins offered inside emby..

Make a new jail and install emby....

Restore the backup to your new instance of emby..

If everything works then delete the old emby jail

Thanks for the Idea Eddie, I haven't tried this because I was afraid since one was a "warden" type Jail and the other is a "iocage" type jail the backup might not be compatible. I suppose I could backup the newer version, backup the old version and restore to the new with the "newer" backup as a safety net. 

I have an idea for you...
Backup your current emby using the plugins offered inside emby..
Make a new jail and install emby....
Restore the backup to your new instance of emby..
If everything works then delete the old emby jail

I think the backup is just a config file.. it's a very small file if I remember correctly... doesn't matter what the jail is based on but in could be wrong... doesn't hurt to try...

Just wondering if there were any updates on trying to get a new version of emby running freenas 11.1...I remember you saying that the newest version of emby was difficult because a lot of things had changed....

You dont have to use the latest build if emby im okay with using an older build as long as it lets me connect with my android phone and plays nice with chrome im okay with it.

Thanks in Advance

josh4trunks

@@josh4trunks

Just wondering if there were any updates on trying to get a new version of emby running freenas 11.1...I remember you saying that the newest version of emby was difficult because a lot of things had changed....

You dont have to use the latest build if emby im okay with using an older build as long as it lets me connect with my android phone and plays nice with chrome im okay with it.

Thanks in Advance

Sorry for the continued delay. it is still near the top of my todo list, since my wife uses the android app as well. but, baby is due yesterday. house is out of order, since i am redoing the floor in our soon to be new guest room. once i get that done, my desktop gets hooked up again, which i need to build freenas PBI based plugins.

Lol, alot going on, but itll get done.

oh and for now, i will jist focus on getting the latest open source version built. so that gets rid of the ffmpeg issues i was hitting. and instead just need to get a newer version of mono building in my build VM. So it may take some development/debuging time for me, but less than originally anticipated.

Edited by josh4trunks

No rush just wanted an update... congrats on the new baby... worry about that I'll setup a temporary VM and use that for the time being.. enjoy being a dad!

vmikalinis

Hi,

I've upgraded my Freenas from 9.10 to 11.2RC2 tonight.  Then installed the emby plugin (3.5.3.0 , 11.2-RELEASE-p4) from the plugins section of the web interface.  Everything was going great until I tried to play a movie and it got stuck at retrieving.  I checked the log and saw the message below.  It looks like this problem will occur for everyone who tries to install emby in recent Freenas using the standard web options at the moment. I searched in the jail and libavcodec files are there.  Thanks for your help.

Shared object "libx264.so.152" not found, required by "libavcodec.so.58"

makarai

Hi,

I've upgraded my Freenas from 9.10 to 11.2RC2 tonight.  Then installed the emby plugin (3.5.3.0 , 11.2-RELEASE-p4) from the plugins section of the web interface.  Everything was going great until I tried to play a movie and it got stuck at retrieving.  I checked the log and saw the message below.  It looks like this problem will occur for everyone who tries to install emby in recent Freenas using the standard web options at the moment. I searched in the jail and libavcodec files are there.  Thanks for your help.

Shared object "libx264.so.152" not found, required by "libavcodec.so.58"

The plugin under plugins in freenas is outdated. Please refer to 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60971-new-freenas-package-for-testing/page-7&do=findComment&comment=619899

Baenwort

I manually moved my warden jail to 3.4.1 via the CLI and it restored the usage of Emby on Android devices. I'll see if I can find the post that someone made that gave the command to pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I installed the the new freenas 11.2 and tested the plugin of emby, I keep getting Shared object "libx264.so.152" not found, required by "libavcodec.so.58" that is reported all over the forum. I looked for a solution and people stated to move to pkg quarterly, but quarterly also is on 155.

Index of /freebsd-pkg/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly/All/

• libx264-0.155.2917.txz 28-Nov-2018 17:29

What can I do to try to solve this?

Thank you all

Edited by soloam

makarai

Which plugin of emby? The one that is in the plugin section of freenas? I haven't had time to update my freenas so I am not sure what this entails.

Or did you use the instructions provided here on the forums

If you used the plugin section delete the plugin and open the shell.

cd /tmp

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ma-karai/iocage-plugin-emby/beta/emby-server-beta.json

iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets=1 -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master'
Edited by makarai