FreeNAS plugin

Luke

josh4trunks

I hate to nag, but any chance we could get a plugin update to 3.3?

Sure, I'll try to get to it tonight.

eraser8

Hi Folks,

I wonder if someone get the same behaviour.

So, I was on version 3.2.70.0. I also had samba server installed in my jail because I like to have netbios feature for my emby server. Since I updated to version 3.3.1.0, something have change. Now the Samba server does'nt work anymore. It seems that some libraries are affected to run samba. When I try to start samba server, it give me a FAILED sanity check and this is the problem:

----

/usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/libndr.so.0: version NDR_0.0.6 required by /usr/local/lib/samba4/private/libsecrets3-samba4.so not found

----

After some testing and try/error. I could see that this file: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/libndr.so.0 was not existing on version 3.2.70.0 but was installed when updated to version 3.3.1.0 of plugin. (not only this file but many other in the same directory)

I'm looking forward a solution to make samba run with 3.3.1.0 version of plugin. Someone have clue for that?

Thanks

adrianwi

And I was thinking 3.3.1.0 was a big improvement, as everything seems much more responsive!

Eddie

The few times I have ever had issues with emby over the last few years a simple nuke and pave and reinstall of emby completely resolves my issue....just my 2 cents

eraser8

Believe me, not this time.... I tried many different installs from scratch, even reinstall all my freenas.... doesn't works anymore with samba

Edited by eraser8

• 3 weeks later...
hjason7812

hello, i have bit the bullet and installed freenas and have just installed the emby plugin.. there is only one gripe abd that is an error every time i log in to emby.

I'm tired my eyes hurt from trying to figure it out. I'll post a screen shot tomorrow..

hjason7812

now it has not been able to turn on in gui.

it worked for a day and now it stays off even after a full server reboot.

Edited by hjason7812

Eddie

Try deleting your jails folder and restarting Freeman and try again.... deleting the jails folder will delete all your jails in Freenas just a fyi

josh4trunks

Try deleting your jails folder and restarting Freeman and try again.... deleting the jails folder will delete all your jails in Freenas just a fyi

i do not recommend you do this method. if you want to delete all your jails and start over (which may not actually fix his issue if it is networking related)

- delete all the plugins on the plugins>installed tab.

- delete any remaining non-plugin jails

- then delete the jail dataset

• Like 1

josh4trunks

now it has not been able to turn on in gui.

it worked for a day and now it stays off even after a full server reboot.

this command will show if emby actually is working, and the issue is only limited to the gui

jexec emby_1 service emby-server onestart

the plugins gui relies on the jail's networking working. test if you can login to the jail and ping another computer on your network

hjason7812

this command will show if emby actually is working, and the issue is only limited to the gui

jexec emby_1 service emby-server onestart

the plugins gui relies on the jail's networking working. test if you can login to the jail and ping another computer on your network

Just tried to turn on emby again and it says some error has occurred at the top in a green box..

josh4trunks

Just tried to turn on emby again and it says some error has occurred at the top in a green box..

can you post the error we can help with it?

can you log into the emby jail's command line and try the following commands.

sysrc emby_server_enable=YES

service emby-service start

hjason7812

can you post the error we can help with it?

can you log into the emby jail's command line and try the following commands.

sysrc emby_server_enable=YES

service emby-service start

Ok i got it working finally again.. i went through everything after deleting emby and the jails..

And found that for some odd reason freenas was trying to connect through ip 192.168.0.1 instead of my actual router ip... I changed everything to what it should be restarted freenas and bam turned on..

Now once i logged into emby there were alerts and i have attached a screen shot.. mind you this is all a brand new install nothing has been added yet...

post-175947-0-44303100-1522343260_thumb.png

Ok i got it working finally again.. i went through everything after deleting emby and the jails..

And found that for some odd reason freenas was trying to connect through ip 192.168.0.1 instead of my actual router ip... I changed everything to what it should be restarted freenas and bam turned on..

Now once i logged into emby there were alerts and i have attached a screen shot.. mind you this is all a brand new install nothing has been added yet...

That is a new thing due to api changes from github. You can follow that issue here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56481-securechannelfailure-on-freenas/

Thanks.

Correct. This was just solved for Synology so we can probably learn something from that. 

hjason7812

even though it doesn't hurt anything i don't think anyways, it is still worrisome to know there are errors being produced.. hopefully it is resolved soon..

Thanks

Oh an Luke ps4 just updated the media player this am, and we got a new firmware update but emby still doesn't work right on there..

Any news on a fix?

Thanks

hjason7812

now when i try to put in my media emby doesn't see the networked map drive, nor does it find my folders. How do i fix this?

josh4trunks

now when i try to put in my media emby doesn't see the networked map drive, nor does it find my folders. How do i fix this?

you shouls mount your media dataset(s) into the emby jail on the Jails > Storage tab.
  • Like 1

josh4trunks

Got it i thought i made them but they weren't there.. sorry,

thanks

no problem.

ill look into the tls error too, and see if an updated mono/openssl version fixes it and update the plugin.

• Like 1