embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

FrostByte

Now that .12 is out I'll try adding my pictures to e4k and see if the SS works.  Folder view wasn't working for me before so that's why I was using Kodi to add.

HansWurst
42 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New BETA version available 8.2.12:

Delta changelog 8.2.11 -> 8.2.12

fix folder view for pictures

Awful, it works perfect. Thank you for that! 

• Like 2

FrostByte

Okay, everything working in .12.   So, I'm not sure what happened if you think it's not plugin related, but I don't want to mess with it since the WAF is sky high now :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
HansWurst

Reporting back another issue. Collections (synchronisated node) do not work on home videos (own collections). 

quickmic
On 8/8/2023 at 8:21 PM, HansWurst said:

Reporting back another issue. Collections (synchronisated node) do not work on home videos (own collections). 

Thanks, I'll check.

t123thomas

Hi quickmic, I just noticed on 8.2.11 watch together did not find emby app clients devices to add, only Kodi device clients shows up in the list of add clients, this was working for every apps before nor limited to Kodi app

Please can you fix.

Thanks

RaptorCentauri

Can the "Watch Together" message on remote clients be something more user friendly? At the moment its just RemoteCommand| <bunch of characters>?

quickmic
2 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

Can the "Watch Together" message on remote clients be something more user friendly? At the moment its just RemoteCommand| <bunch of characters>?

Only if the 3rd party clients would support the "custom API" I added in the next-gen plugin. I doubt this gonna happen, so currently no way to improve it.

We have to wait till Emby server adds this features. With the current implementation, Kodi to Kodi is the best way for watch together/remote control other clients. 3rd party clients have limitations.

quickmic
4 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi quickmic, I just noticed on 8.2.11 watch together did not find emby app clients devices to add, only Kodi device clients shows up in the list of add clients, this was working for every apps before nor limited to Kodi app

Please can you fix.

Thanks

I'll check that.

quickmic
On 8/8/2023 at 8:21 PM, HansWurst said:

This issue affects all boxsets/collections. I'll fix it in next version.

@Luke

Following query seems to have an issue: (ParentId is the BoxsetId)

http://192.168.0.207/emby/Users/MYUSERID/Items?api_key=MYKEY&ParentId=143806&IncludeItemTypes=Movie&Recursive=true

This one works: (no recursive param)

http://192.168.0.207/emby/Users/MYUSERID/Items?api_key=MYKEY&ParentId=143806&IncludeItemTypes=Movie

Tested with 4.8.0.40

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll check that.

I checked with emby app, work fine on my test setup.

quickmic

New BETA version available 8.2.13:

Delta changelog 8.2.12 -> 8.2.13

fix sync issue (changed userdata reported for a folder by Emby server)
fix minor webservice issue
fix live tv epg issues
fix boxset/collection issue
add option to adjust curl timeouts
fix dynamic nodes (genre and tags) for mixed content
fix kodi companion query without admin account

quickmic
5 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Have had the opportunity look into this issue?

Yes, I didn't find any issue. Emby app was perfectly detected and played content triggered by next-gen plugin.

Currently no reproducible test case.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
13 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I didn't find any issue. Emby app was perfectly detected and played content triggered by next-gen plugin.

Currently no reproducible test case.

Thanks 8.2.13 fixed the issue

• Like 1

t123thomas

How manipulate or set the sync to aligned  perfectly, the kodi that act as controller seems a little bit ahead of others, could it be a network that cause the lag.

I must say, if clients are in diff rooms or locations it might be noticed, but the all the clients right in your front show the slight lag

quickmic
9 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

How manipulate or set the sync to aligned  perfectly, the kodi that act as controller seems a little bit ahead of others, could it be a network that cause the lag.

I must say, if clients are in diff rooms or locations it might be noticed, but the all the clients right in your front show the slight lag

Is it Kodi to Kodi? If so, it is an "internal/native" Kodi player delay. The delta should be minimal (< 50-100ms) and depends on hardware performance. The "custom API" sends exactly timestamps.

If it's Kodi to 3rd party app, timestamps (delta) is not supported, gap can be greater 1-2 seconds.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Is it Kodi to Kodi? If so, it is an "internal/native" Kodi player delay. The delta should be minimal (< 50-100ms) and depends on hardware performance. The "custom API" sends exactly timestamps.

If it's Kodi to 3rd party app, timestamps (delta) is not supported, gap can be greater 1-2 seconds.

Thanks

markdj

I have multiple issues with the Emby add-on: first of all, the video stutters multiple times throughout a viewing (doesn’t matter which video). The buffer is filled, yet the video stutters/judders several times.
And there seems to be a massive delay in audio playback (takes 2-3 seconds before audio plays upon resuming the video). I have included the server log. The video with the issues last time was The Flash.

embyserver-63827481600.txt

Edited by markdj

quickmic
56 minutes ago, markdj said:

I have multiple issues with the Emby add-on: first of all, the video stutters multiple times throughout a viewing (doesn’t matter which video). The buffer is filled, yet the video stutters/judders several times.
And there seems to be a massive delay in audio playback (takes 2-3 seconds before audio plays upon resuming the video). I have included the server log. The video with the issues last time was The Flash.

embyserver-63827481600.txt 995.87 kB · 1 download

Sounds like a Kodi issue. The plugin is not responsible for playback.

You may upload a kodi.log for review.

markdj
On 8/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, quickmic said:

Sounds like a Kodi issue. The plugin is not responsible for playback.

You may upload a kodi.log for review.

Could you take a look at the log please? Because I’m seeing lots of ‘response 206 to host 1’ that end with extraordinary high ms. Could be related?

quickmic
9 hours ago, markdj said:

Could you take a look at the log please? Because I’m seeing lots of ‘response 206 to host 1’ that end with extraordinary high ms. Could be related?

@Luke

Please have a look at the Server log. 206's seems to be a bit odd.

10 hours ago, markdj said:

Nothing abnormal with those requests. Those times are high because they correspond to how long the kodi video player was streaming video data from the server.

quickmic

@markdj

Any pattern when this started?

I'm still using .39 emby server. With .40 I experienced some websocket/realtime update issues but no playback issues as you reporting.

Can you reproduce the issue on a fresh Kodi installation on a PC. Not on the box, cause lot's of issues are related to specific Kodi versions/hardware.

Edited by quickmic

LittleWizard

Sometimes my Kodi on Nvidia Shield (android) hangs on stop or at the end of the file.

Yesterday I found that waiting a lot, Kodi does finally return to main interface.

I attach the log.

Seems like a timeout in accessing the file (dragonball) and after about 4 minutes it timed out and Kodi run again.

I could think about a problem with the NAS, but kodi from a rasberry (libreelec) and embyforkody doesn't seem to have this problem on the same network (both wired lan).

kodi.log