Make Emby client beautiful "not" again.

lisam

arrbee99
52 minutes ago, softworkz said:

While you are waiting, maybe this will make someone happy for the time being or give an idea for a starting point:

.sections.homeSectionsContainer::before {
    content: '';
    display: block;
    background-image: url(https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/274870/moviebanner/passengers-585aa02f7420e.jpg);
    width: 80%;
    margin: 1em auto 0 auto;
    height: 16em;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: contain;
    background-position: center;
}

On the server dashboard, go to setting and copy the above into the "Custom CSS" field.

Works with the web app only, though.

and if you're not interested, I am.

Has possibilities with clearart as well for me -

1735412499_EmbyHomePageClearartLogo.thumb.jpg.3363bfdaf58b3f5ebed1fc6e580552dd.jpg

• Like 1

arrbee99
35 minutes ago, softworkz said:

What are you referring to?

Stealing your css. Hope it isn't trademarked, pat pending or copyright...

5 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:
42 minutes ago, softworkz said:

What are you referring to?

Stealing your css. Hope it isn't trademarked, pat pending or copyright...

Invoice for royalties is on its way.

It was a pleasure doing business with you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

arrbee99

Oh please no, thank you. Just address to D. Trump, Trump Towers, District of Trumpia. United Trumps of America.

• Haha 3

rbjtech
3 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

and if you're not interested, I am.

Has possibilities with clearart as well for me -

1735412499_EmbyHomePageClearartLogo.thumb.jpg.3363bfdaf58b3f5ebed1fc6e580552dd.jpg

as per the title of this thread - Emby becoming beautiful again ! - looks really nice @arrbee99 :)

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

CBers
On 08/12/2022 at 21:55, Luke said:

Yea I do really like that and it's something I'd like to add. In fact, I could easily throw it in right now if you guys can live with not being able to control the content that shows up there (e.g. random). So it's essentially held up until we're able to carve out a settings ui for it.

As long as it can be disabled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CBers
On 14/12/2022 at 23:12, samsung2100 said:

Nicely said my friend, The banner at the top will make emby look fantastic, people are going to love it 🙂

Totally disagree. 

The SPOTLIGHT design is so old fashioned, it's like using an Xbox 360 again 🙄

• Like 1

rbjtech
4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

rotate.gif

That's all we want. 👍

And a simple addition in the Home Screen setup per user to add it if you wish - in this example - 'Spotlight' would be in section 1.

image.png.b0daf59fbb3f1857f54a73b3ac64940b.png

• Agree 3

Junglejim
17 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

That's all we want. 👍

And a simple addition in the Home Screen setup per user to add it if you wish - in this example - 'Spotlight' would be in section 1.

image.png.b0daf59fbb3f1857f54a73b3ac64940b.png

Yea if we get these settings, you could move it to the position you want or disable it if you like. 👍

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@rbjtech Then it is a matter of what to spotlight (content type) and how many but believe should be a customizable list.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Junglejim
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@rbjtech Then it is a matter of what to spotlight (content type) and how many but believe should be a customizable list.

Something like the "Top Picks" settings would be nice.

• Agree 2

arrbee99

So when you don't have the Enhanced Home Screen (or whatever its called) enabled, you get this instead ?

Junglejim
16 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

So when you don't have the Enhanced Home Screen (or whatever its called) enabled, you get this instead ?

Yea I must admit I don't use that feature. If the settings are done right I would assume it should all come together. Spotlight need not be at the top (I'd prefer it wasn't), so the option to move it to the position you would like would be great (or even not use it at all). If I understand the "Enhanced Home Screen" correctly is that where you get media info at the top of the screen for the currently selected item?

crusher11
4 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Why would this be incompatible with EHS?

7 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Why would this be incompatible with EHS?

It is definitely conflicting because it occupies the same space as the "Enhanced" information. You usually see a display like this OR like our enhanced display - not both.

• Like 1

crusher11
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

It is definitely conflicting because it occupies the same space as the "Enhanced" information. You usually see a display like this OR like our enhanced display - not both.

There's no reason you couldn't have both this and EHS, with EHS taking precedence if something is selected. That's assuming this banner is interactive.

1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

with EHS taking precedence if something is selected

On a TV, something is always selected.  So, if focus was on the first library, your spotlight would not be there.  Plus, that area is not focusable when using the enhanced display.  It really is kind of two conflicting designs...

crusher11
1 minute ago, ebr said:

On a TV, something is always selected.

Yes, but if that "something" is in the top menu bar or My Media, EHS doesn't get engaged. If this banner was interactive, it could itself be selected. Then, once you scroll down further to highlight an individual item, it would be replaced by EHS.

1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

Yes, but if that "something" is in the top menu bar or My Media, EHS doesn't get engaged. If this banner was interactive, it could itself be selected. Then, once you scroll down further to highlight an individual item, it would be replaced by EHS.

Okay, so now you are tying this "spotlight" to a specific row/setup.  What was being suggested here was just making it another row.  I think it would have to be something more specialized than that - which is what it is in all of the examples you see.

Bottles51
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Okay, so now you are tying this "spotlight" to a specific row/setup.  What was being suggested here was just making it another row.  I think it would have to be something more specialized than that - which is what it is in all of the examples you see.

How about only have option for the 1 or 2 spot. If you choose to have my media first you can put spotlight in number 2. If you put my media anywhere else you have to put spotlight in 1 spot. Then you will never have the problem with it conflicting with EHS. After all it is a spotlight, why would you want it any further down.

Edited by Bottles51

arrbee99

I presume if wanted we could just have both - a banner that shows random movies, or random movies by, say, genre that changes when you move to a say a particular in progress movie to show the Enhanced Home Screen, same format, but with media info added (i.e. the text).

Maybe text wouldn't work with a banner, maybe more of a highlight backdrop or thumb, see previous (frequent) illustrations.

17 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

I presume if wanted we could just have both - a banner that shows random movies, or random movies by, say, genre that changes when you move to a say a particular in progress movie to show the Enhanced Home Screen, same format, but with media info added (i.e. the text).

Maybe text wouldn't work with a banner, maybe more of a highlight backdrop or thumb, see previous (frequent) illustrations.

But one of those items needs to be focusable and the other not.  This really is mixing multiple design paradigms.