Make Emby client beautiful "not" again.

lisam

samsung2100

When the banner is done I'm making youtube videos of how sexy it is 🀣 Plex VS The ultimate media monster EMBY 😁 Wait n see, bet it goes viral πŸ€—

Junglejim
On 14/12/2022 at 21:56, rbjtech said:

The Top Picks plugin is a combination of manually picked items - that's how it started (from the 'Recommendations/Spotlight thread) but now also has some bells and whistles, recently added, Popular Items etc.

Ultimately - IF this Plugin had the ability to a) display the images much larger (full width) and b) display it above 'My media' - then you can rename Top Picks and call it Spotlight - but they are essentially the same thing.

KEEP IT SIMPLE - and then enhance it.

We just need the ability to do the two items listed above - that's it...

@chef

Yea I agree but I have a problem with point b.. Nothing should go above 'My Media/Continue Watching', NOTHING! Not even a plugin or some spotlight fluff.

Spotlight would look good if done right but media navigation should always come first.

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Yea I agree but I have a problem with point b.. Nothing should go above 'My Media/Continue Watching', NOTHING! Not even a plugin or some spotlight fluff.

Spotlight would look good if done right but media navigation should always come first.

Β 

exactly and that's how it should be, the main libraries should be first for navigation etc

image.thumb.png.ce23cb20e4af25b0b41aead3e876f95f.png

• Like 2

crusher11

As I've said elsewhere I'd rather just get rid of My Media and have the menu on the left that's available on the web version.

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, crusher11 said:

As I've said elsewhere I'd rather just get rid of My Media and have the menu on the left that's available on the web version.

Can you share a screenshot of what you are describing please?

arrbee99

Isn't that just the hamburger menu thing in the top left of Chrome or Firefox or whatever...

Which I never use cause I've go my Media right in front of me.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

Isn't that just the hamburger menu thing in the top left of Chrome or Firefox or whatever...

Which I never use cause I've go my Media right in front of me.

You do realise this a conversation about UI and improvements to the asthetics and user experience?

arrbee99

Yes I do.

Not sure about your point. For me, I don't use the side menu in Firefox and don't see the need for one in Android, so it wouldn't be an improvement. But no objections of course to options...

• Like 1

crusher11

I'd just rather have my actual media be the first thing that displays, instead of My Media taking up the entire home screen before you scroll down.

arrbee99

Can you not achieve that by not selecting the option to show 'a detailed preview of the selected item' while also rearranging the order of Home page items to put say Latest Media at the top ?

Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick (again) ?

• Like 1

crusher11

If I put Latest Media on top, I then have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to access any of my libraries.Β 

• Haha 2

Junglejim
11 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

If I put Latest Media on top, I then have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to access any of my libraries.Β 

Your a total tool! 😜

• Haha 1

samsung2100
On 15/12/2022 at 04:53, crusher11 said:

Jesus Christ dude, take a cold shower.

Emby's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard 🀣😚

Guys, I notice some attack here and there, no need for that here at the community, if you disagree with opinion,Β  that fine, the attacking with bad words is not.

Thanks.

• Like 1

samsung2100
1 minute ago, Abobader said:

Guys, I notice some attack here and there, no need for that here at the community, if you disagree with opinion,Β  that fine, the attacking with bad words is not.

Thanks.

Agreed it can get hateful here at times, I choose to ignore it and reply with something rather silly stupid. Shrug it off !

If the banner is not going to happen you can just delete my username I will not pay for emby no more, waited 5 years for a banner I will not keep waiting. One post it can be thrown up asap well do it.

10 minutes ago, samsung2100 said:

@Luke straight up question, are you working on this now ? is it going to happen ? can I have an answer please, thank you very much.

Not yet, but yes it's something I'd like to do.

samsung2100
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Not yet, but yes it's something I'd like to do.

Not waiting years, thanks for reply but I easily can say I will leave this project and move on, not yet is tiring and annoying. Your a one man army and to cheap to pay for help is sad frustrating as FK, what happend to easily throw it up ? now I need to FK with jellyfin because I hate plex. But I will not pay money forΒ  this any longer.

arrbee99

There's plenty of things we've been waiting years for, but I think Luke and the guys do seriously well if you compare their resources to the somewhat bigger competition.

• Like 1

While you are waiting, maybe this will make someone happy for the time being or give an idea for a starting point:

.sections.homeSectionsContainer::before {
    content: '';
    display: block;
    background-image: url(https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/274870/moviebanner/passengers-585aa02f7420e.jpg);
    width: 80%;
    margin: 1em auto 0 auto;
    height: 16em;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: contain;
    background-position: center;
}

On the server dashboard, go to setting and copy the above into the "Custom CSS" field.

Works with the web app only, though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

There are quite a few clients to implement such a feature on. It couldn't happen over night.

@samsung2100Β don't jump ship yet.

Especially for "those guys" (team purple).

I think you'd be more disappointed then you might realize.Β 

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread.Β 

I wouldn't count this one out yet.Β 

Luke rarely says "it's something he'd like to do." So, I'd imagine that's a good sign.

πŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by chef
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2