Vantage Point 2.0 - Complete Rework

Cheesegeezer

Spaceboy

i'm looking for a bumper that goes between the trailers for upcoming movies and the one trailer for a movie from my library - was hoping the text on screen would say something along the lines of "from your collection". if anyone has such a bumper and would be willing to share i would appreciate it 👍

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

i'm looking for a bumper that goes between the trailers for upcoming movies and the one trailer for a movie from my library - was hoping the text on screen would say something along the lines of "from your collection". if anyone has such a bumper and would be willing to share i would appreciate it 👍

I can knock one up that lasts 5-10 seconds. Any idea the style you want. Pick out a font from Dafont.com and some images, backdrops would do and send them, I’ll create something cool for you pal 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spaceboy
On 10/05/2023 at 01:17, Cheesegeezer said:

I can knock one up that lasts 5-10 seconds. Any idea the style you want. Pick out a font from Dafont.com and some images, backdrops would do and send them, I’ll create something cool for you pal 👍👍

that would be great cheers. i use the coming soon bumpers from the collection you made available. i had a look through the sci fi section in dafont but i can't see a match. but anything close will do if you don't remember which one you used. anything similar in terms of theme would be great too

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
nomatches4mikey

Is there a known issue with Codec Intros?  I've been trying to start using tags for specific movie intros, but it hasn't been working.  I'm not even getting the actual codec videos anymore.  I turned on debug logging, but I'm afraid it didn't give me much information about the error.  Looking at the log below, I see that VantagePoint did see the Tag for the movie, but had an error on Getting Codec Intros. Let me know if there is more information I can provide that would help.  Thanks!

image.png.8dd5cdeef8dd4e5d4c7316a6c3ed4ed1.png

2023-06-09 18:21:37.371 Info Vantage Point: Getting Movie/Episode Intros
2023-06-09 18:21:37.371 Info Vantage Point: Getting Intro Results for Movies - Movie Name = Robots
2023-06-09 18:21:37.371 Debug Vantage Point: Folder Found at Index 0
2023-06-09 18:21:37.371 Debug Vantage Point: Folder Found at Index 1
2023-06-09 18:21:37.372 Debug Vantage Point: Folder Found at Index 2
2023-06-09 18:21:37.372 Debug Vantage Point: Codec Found at Index 3
2023-06-09 18:21:37.372 Debug Vantage Point: CODEC Logic starting......
2023-06-09 18:21:37.372 Debug Vantage Point: Codec Video info =  h264
2023-06-09 18:21:37.372 Debug Vantage Point: Codec Audio info =  ac3
2023-06-09 18:21:37.372 Debug Vantage Point: Embedded Track Data info =  
2023-06-09 18:21:37.372 Debug SqliteItemRepository: Public GetItemLinks
2023-06-09 18:21:37.372 Debug Vantage Point: Tag found =  Robots Mobile Phone Policy
2023-06-09 18:21:37.373 Error Vantage Point: Error Getting Codec Intros
2023-06-09 18:21:37.373 Info Vantage Point: Total Movie Intros to Play: 3
2023-06-09 18:21:37.373 Info Vantage Point: Get all Movie Intros Paths took 2 milliseconds
2023-06-09 18:21:37.373 Debug Vantage Point: Intro Selected = 0 - N:\Intros\CourtesyInfo\Mr. Bean No Smoking.mkv
2023-06-09 18:21:37.373 Debug Vantage Point: Intro Selected = 0 - N:\Intros\Shorts\S03E290 - Farm Family in Autumn.mp4
2023-06-09 18:21:37.373 Debug Vantage Point: Intro Selected = 0 - N:\Intros\FeaturePresentation\Neon Feature Presentation.mp4

Junglejim

This look's cool mate, it reminds me of "Cinema Experience" back when I used XBMC/Kodi back in the day.

Looking to give this a go... Quick question.. do I need to disable the stock "Cinema Intros" plugin or does this play nice with that?

I've got a lot of stuff backed up from the old "Cinema Experience" days and it would be good to put to some use. :)

Spaceboy
6 hours ago, Junglejim said:

This look's cool mate, it reminds me of "Cinema Experience" back when I used XBMC/Kodi back in the day.

Looking to give this a go... Quick question.. do I need to disable the stock "Cinema Intros" plugin or does this play nice with that?

I've got a lot of stuff backed up from the old "Cinema Experience" days and it would be good to put to some use. :)

this is critical - and where i have fallen down at least twice.

you must have the stock plugin installed but you must disable the movies and episodes checkboxes in the plugin config. you must then have cinema intros enabled in the user profile under playback

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Junglejim
8 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

this is critical - and where i have fallen down at least twice.

you must have the stock plugin installed but you must disable the movies and episodes checkboxes in the plugin config. you must then have cinema intros enabled in the user profile under playback

Thanks @Spaceboy good to know, I'm sure I would of messed that up. 😁

• Haha 1

nomatches4mikey
On 6/9/2023 at 6:35 PM, nomatches4mikey said:

Is there a known issue with Codec Intros?  I've been trying to start using tags for specific movie intros, but it hasn't been working.  I'm not even getting the actual codec videos anymore.  I turned on debug logging, but I'm afraid it didn't give me much information about the error.  Looking at the log below, I see that VantagePoint did see the Tag for the movie, but had an error on Getting Codec Intros. Let me know if there is more information I can provide that would help.  Thanks!

I seem to remember there may be a limit of 3 intros.  I redid my intros and put the codecs in position 3 and I'm getting the tags working now.

• 2 weeks later...
nomatches4mikey
On 6/14/2023 at 11:37 AM, nomatches4mikey said:

I seem to remember there may be a limit of 3 intros.  I redid my intros and put the codecs in position 3 and I'm getting the tags working now.

OK, I modified my list and it broke again.  I deleted all the entries, rebooted the server, and recreated my intros in order, and now they're all working (five entries).  

• 1 month later...
nomatches4mikey

I'm not sure how the intros are queued behind the scenes, but I have a folder of shorts that I run as part of my intros.  They may be 10 minutes or so long.  For these longer intros, they're triggering the "Next Up" display before the next intro plays.  Please see if this can be disabled when you have some time.  Thanks.

Albertax

I seem to have an issue where it will play for Movies and my Standup comedy, but not for my TV Series? Any ideas?

I'm running 4.80.39.

I just have one 4 second bumper.

Edit: It plays intro's for Movies/Standup on ATV, but not for TV.

Edited by Albertax
grammr

• 2 weeks later...
FancyNerd92

Hello, I use the plug-in without any problem. I use only singleintro and multiple intro type, so they play perfect for my movies and my tv shows.

I beleve the plug-in is missing somethig that will makes it top. Cinema Breaks!🔥. A Cinema break video (for any minutes you want) as long as the video you choose and you just select where will be the brake base of percent (with a percent bar) of a movie.

Give it a think 😅

FancyNerd92

Yeah hahaha 😂😂. I want it because im cinema lover and in my country (i don't know what they do the cinema theater in other countries) we have a break in the middle of the movie for toilet, popcorn refill etc 😋. Now i have my movie style with: Dolby Digital intro -> 5 random trailers of uppcomming movies from specific folder -> Piracy is Crime Ad 😂😂 -> Dolby Digital Intro #2 -> My logo Intro -> Classic Countdown 8 to 1 video and then the movie. When the movie is starting the Yeelight lights is closing with SmartThings plugin (and when i pause the movie it's opening). So it's like Cinema Theaters except the break in the middle of the movie! So it will be the perfection! 😋🤩

crusher11

I don't know how much of this is an issue with Vantage Point, or how much is an issue with Cinema Intros, or how much is an issue with just being on the beta, but:

• I have it set to play an online trailer followed by a local trailer
  • Watched Pacifiction, which was preceded by an online trailer for Personal Shopper followed by a different online trailer for Personal Shopper
  • Watched Tristana, which was preceded by an online trailer for Doctor Zhivago followed by the exact same online trailer for Doctor Zhivago
  • Tried to watch Ninjababy, which was preceded by a spinning circle, then another spinning circle, then the Emby home screen
  • Watched Ninjababy, which I believe was preceded by an online trailer then a local trailer for a different film, although I don't remember the specifics.

I'm also curious, is it possible to not play online trailers for films that have local trailers? Also, is it possible to set a maximum duration for trailers? I got the trailer for Psycho the other day and it's seven minutes long.

embyserver-63829296000.txt

Okay i am at a bit of a loss on this one

I created new cert prerolls which are in MP4 format like my others, i placed them in a subfolder of where the already working prerolls are

I added the new path and type = certificate to the backend and removed the old certificates option in vantage point.

I have rescanned the media as normal also rebooted the docker. I have checked the permissions on the file and folders and they match the existing one

I cannot get any certificates to play at all it skips straight to the film

in the logs is this

2023-09-13 18:57:16.117 Info Vantage Point: Certification video match is GB-12A
2023-09-13 18:57:16.117 Info Vantage Point: Total Movie Intros to Play: 1
2023-09-13 18:57:16.117 Info Vantage Point: Get all Movie Intros Paths took 0 milliseconds

the current path which is in docker is

/config/vantage/certificates/2023

old path which was working was

/config/vantage/certificates

Files are all named correctly so not sure why i cannot get them working again, probably summin silly but i have run out of ideas

Server is beta .45

Okay, i knew it would be something silly

I reread the whole thread incase i forgot something (which at my age is very easy to do)

And i noticed the oddest of things, The cinema Intro Plugin was not installed. Not sure how this happened as i rarely visit the plugin section, yet the old videos played fine without this plugin installed.

Anyways i reinstalled the plugin and boom everything back in action

• 3 weeks later...
nicholas_davies

I'm having a problem with the Vantage Point plugin. I have a multiple intro, a trailer intro, and a single intro type. All of them play perfectly fine before all my movies except the single intro type. It refuses to play before the movie. I have tried everything to get it to work. I've tried removing the single intro type and adding it back in multiple times. I've reinstalled the Vantage Point plugin. I've tried updating my Emby server, but none of these have worked. I also made sure that I ran a full library scan after each of these things. The single intro video file is 415 MB, is that why? Is the file too big? I don't know what to do anymore... @Cheesegeezer

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 6.10.45 PM.png

gihayes

HI, I have set up Vantage Point so that a Codec item plays a bumper for AC3 and EAC3 files, and I use tags to play bumpers for Various Dolby Digital and Various Dolby TrueHD files. I also use tags to play bumpers for Dolby Atmos, DTS 5.1, DTS 7.1, DTS-HD MA 5.1 and DTS-HD MA 7.1.  The Media Info Plugin adds those tags to the files 👍. The problem I have is how do I play a bumper for a DTS:X file. Windows does not allow files names with a colon : so I cannot create a corresponding bumper for it. Is there a work around? 

Edited by gihayes
Correction, Left off channels designation.

• 4 weeks later...
Rikitydj

Hiya,

Love the plugin!

I cannot get any codec intros to play, it doesnt matter which way of activating them i use. I've tried tag match, audio codec match and embedded match. Just doesnt work! Other intros work, i have silence your phones, countdown and THX single file and rating cards all working.

In my codec intro folder, do i need to label them with a particular name? i am using files from demolandia.net

Please help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

First, thanks for the plugin! It is awasome!

Is there a way to select the quality of the trailer?

The ones that are playing are in SD quality, which is not good enough for my screen size.

if not, it would be great to have the option 😀

Hi , first thanks for this great plugin.

Can someone upload the files to codec tag ( video and audio )

Thanks by advance

Junglejim
30 minutes ago, Alex45 said:

Hi , first thanks for this great plugin.

Can someone upload the files to codec tag ( video and audio )

Thanks by advance

I think you should source that extra stuff yourself.

There are loads of third party sites that cover that.

Don't be lazy.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
nicholas_davies

@CheesegeezerWould it be possible to add some button in Emby that would allow me to skip all the intros and just play a movie/tv show and then another one that would add the intros? I've found that sometimes I want all the extra trailers and intros, but other times I like them to be there.  Just curious to see if this is possible. Thanks :)

• Like 1