Auto-Organize PLUS - public beta

chef

9 hours ago, TMC3X said:

@chef That would be awesome. Thanks. :)

I've written this, but... I'm going to alert the user when extended clean is turned on, on both the  preprocessing folder  and the watched folder.

I like to keep my backups for a while. Sometimes it is nesessary to keep them for a while 😉

I wouldn't want to have a user accidentally have extended clean on watch folder and preprocessing folders unintentionally. When they just wanted to clean out the watched folder with preprocessing enabled. 

If that makes sense 

Edited by chef

Okay, I think I'm about to change the way the plugin handles clean up.

Currently the plugin looks for specific file extensions in the watched folder, removes these leftover files, and then looks for empty folders to clean up.

This is fine. But why look for leftover files extensions? I think it's an unnecessary extra step.

When clean up is enabled, if a file  has been successfully sorted into the Emby library, then it will be removed. This is typically what is happening right now. But, the plugin will no longer care about leftover files. During cleanup,  the watched folder version will be deleted.

Any leftover files will be gone when this option is enabled. 

If you want to keep the watch folder item for any reason, then keep cleanup off.

Does that make sense?

@GiGo @neik what do you guys think about that?

It simplifies the cleanup.

kingy444
2 minutes ago, chef said:

This is fine. But why look for leftover files extensions? I think it's an unnecessary extra step.

@chef I think you want to keep this so people can set the filter to only delete certain file types - think of it as a safe guard so you don’t inadvertently blow away everything with a bad configuration.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingy444 said:

@chef I think you want to keep this so people can set the filter to only delete certain file types - think of it as a safe guard so you don’t inadvertently blow away everything with a bad configuration.

you're probably right.

okay I think I got it.

Cleanup will deal specifically with the watched folders.

Pre-processing folders will just handle itself automatically. Once the pre-processed file is sorted it will be dealt with.

kingy, can you point me to the grid layout changes you made to the config page. I can't find them on github, and I have to implement them.

I'm  quite far behind in the changes... an completely github illiterate... apparently. :wacko:

kingy444
3 minutes ago, chef said:

kingy, can you point me to the grid layout changes you made to the config page. I can't find them on github, and I have to implement them.

Haha mate GitHub is a bit of a beast to get your head around so don’t feel bad. You approved the PR but then you also need to ‘Merge’ it. The Approve button will just change to a Merge one

If you can try and keep your repo up to date with your local changes I can probably find some time to jump back in and tackle some of the issues in the register. I want to keep working on the multi episode stuff but those merge conflicts were killing all my time 😂 

If you can push your changes often rather than when ready for a release, I can pull them to prevent conflicts too. Git does not seem to be handling the js file changes well so better if we keep in sync.

this is the PR

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.AutoOrganize/pull/1

• Thanks 1

kingy444

😂 I didn’t realise this was the forum I thought it was the chat. Just realised because it’s 6 pages not 50 odd 😂 

Hit me up when you’ve got your stuff committed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kingy444 said:

😂 I didn’t realise this was the forum I thought it was the chat. Just realised because it’s 6 pages not 50 odd 😂 

Hit me up when you’ve got your stuff committed.

Awesome!!

Hi, I'm curious. Would this plugin be able to easily ignore certain files and folders for emby? I'm not looking to change anything, I have the file system mounted as Read Only and want to keep it that way if possible.

2 hours ago, Gnisch said:

Hi, I'm curious. Would this plugin be able to easily ignore certain files and folders for emby? I'm not looking to change anything, I have the file system mounted as Read Only and want to keep it that way if possible.

Generally what will happen is, anything in a watched folder will be sorted into your library file system.

You tell the plugin where to place new series or movies by default, but if you have a new recording in the watched folder for an existing tv show, this plugin will sort it for you.

There is an option to ignore certain file extensions, or file which contains certain strings, in the watched folder.

With regards to the  library file system, you can toggle the ability to overwrite files, or simply flag them in the plugin as either "existing" in the library already, or perhaps a new resolution of the media.

Auto sorting can be disabled, which would allow you to manually click an "organize" button which appears in the configuration for each eligible file.

We don't really (purposefully) ignore library locations, but we only sort items when it is enabled, and we are able to properly target an existing series location.

There are options to identify items using emby's provider data identifiers as well.

If we fail to figure out what the file is. At that point it would be marked as a failure, and you would be able to simply identify the item ,and choose a location for it to be placed in the library file system.

Does that answer your question okay?

Edited by chef

57 minutes ago, chef said:

Generally what will happen is, anything in a watched folder will be sorted into your library file system.

You tell the plugin where to place new series or movies by default, but if you have a new recording in the watched folder for an existing tv show, this plugin will sort it for you.

There is an option to ignore certain file extensions, or file which contains certain strings, in the watched folder.

With regards to the  library file system, you can toggle the ability to overwrite files, or simply flag them in the plugin as either "existing" in the library already, or perhaps a new resolution of the media.

Auto sorting can be disabled, which would allow you to manually click an "organize" button which appears in the configuration for each eligible file.

We don't really (purposefully) ignore library locations, but we only sort items when it is enabled, and we are able to properly target an existing series location.

There are options to identify items using emby's provider data identifiers as well.

If we fail to figure out what the file is. At that point it would be marked as a failure, and you would be able to simply identify the item ,and choose a location for it to be placed in the library file system.

Does that answer your question okay?

Thanks for the explanation.

I think I was a bit unclear in my question.  It might be that this plugin is not what I thought it was.

So basically what I want to do, is keep my library as is, in other words, I'm happy with my current location of movies and tv series, the thing I'm looking for is a way for Emby to ignore certain files, to not pick them up during scans. An example would be .ifo files, jpg and video-sample-files.

It sounds to me that this plugin has a focus on sorting the incoming/watched content, rather than filter what is already there and visible for Emby, correct me if I'm wrong.

43 minutes ago, Gnisch said:

Thanks for the explanation.

I think I was a bit unclear in my question.  It might be that this plugin is not what I thought it was.

So basically what I want to do, is keep my library as is, in other words, I'm happy with my current location of movies and tv series, the thing I'm looking for is a way for Emby to ignore certain files, to not pick them up during scans. An example would be .ifo files, jpg and video-sample-files.

It sounds to me that this plugin has a focus on sorting the incoming/watched content, rather than filter what is already there and visible for Emby, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, that is correct.

Unfortunately, I'm unsure how to specifically ignore certain files in the library folders. However, I do know that emby will scan in files with certain names and extensions. So it is possible that emby just won't bother with certain files in the folder.

I'm not familiar with.ifo files, and perhaps it is an extension emby won't bother with. But I'm only guessing.

Best of luck.

Edited by chef

21 hours ago, chef said:

Does that make sense?

@GiGo @neik what do you guys think about that?

It simplifies the cleanup.

21 hours ago, kingy444 said:

Tbh. I don't really use that feature but kingy's thoughts on it sound reasonable.
You probably don't wanna risk to mess with the files of the users without they being totally aware of it.

12 hours ago, chef said:

Yes, that is correct.

Unfortunately, I'm unsure how to specifically ignore certain files in the library folders. However, I do know that emby will scan in files with certain names and extensions. So it is possible that emby just won't bother with certain files in the folder.

I'm not familiar with.ifo files, and perhaps it is an extension emby won't bother with. But I'm only guessing.

Best of luck.

I thought so, okay, thank you then :)

AdrianW

I've been trying both 1.6.41.39 and 1.6.41.37 and neither appear to be working any more. (On Emby 4.8.0.12 beta).

Is Auto Organize working for anyone at the moment?

(I followed the instructions in post#1 - stopped the server, placed "Emby.AutoOrganize.dll" in the plugins folder and deleted the fileorganization.db from the data folder).

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 2

Here you beta users go!

The beta server has changed enough on the backend,  so that AO won't work on it unless you use this version posted here. 😆

Emby.AutoOrganize_beta_server_release.zip

This will get it up and running again, however I'm going to mention that I won't be updating support for the beta server changes.

When the stable version of the server implements the changes the beta server has,  then they will both sync up, but until then I'm only going to work on the stable server releases.

But, this will make it work for everyone on beta server for the time being.

If you are on stable server DO NOT use this version LOL! it is only for beta users.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

AdrianW
9 hours ago, chef said:

But, this will make it work for everyone on beta server for the time being.

Thanks chef - that worked.

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo
On 10/17/2022 at 6:07 PM, Arly (Sprinkles) said:

Experiencing this glitch, has anyone had it?

image.thumb.png.0293dd7b71e56188a521de1021380471.png

Yes, I ended up having to remove it as I could not get it sorted.

• Like 1

heliosfiend

Hello, newbie here, I managed  AO to work and it is working fine lately, then tried  adding a new series to queue for download , while for some reason AO is organizing the new series even though the series is not completely downloaded (like it is still 80% complete) it got moved to the destination folder. :(

using Emby.AutoOrganize_v1.6.41.23b.

Edited by heliosfiend

16 minutes ago, heliosfiend said:

seems like i just need to reinstall the plugin, and get a beer.... disregard my post..  

Glad it is working now.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:20 PM, PuffyToesToo said:

Yes, I ended up having to remove it as I could not get it sorted.

Which version are you currently on?

Are you still experiencing this?

Hi @chef, I just want to report some unexpected behavior of the plugin.

1. When using "%sn (%sy)" for the series pattern directory, it is not detecting series with innate year in the title (e.g. New.Amsterdam.2018, The.Goldbergs.2013, Quantum.Leap.2022 ). When I go and identify it, it organizes it to a directory with a double year e.g. New Amsterdam (2018) (2018). (see screenshots)

2. For foreign series, is there a way to use the English title for the series name? Preferred metadata is set already in english, the series directory was named in Korean. (see attached log for Gaus.Electronics).

3.Organizing subtitles is producing some error (see attached log).

I just also want to ask, is the processing of archived files without preprocessing enabled still happening?

Appreciate all the great work.

[Auto_Organize_and_27_more_pages_-_Personal_-_Micro]20221023_YmfOime3WD.png

embyserver.txt

Junglejim

@chef This looks cool mate! Will this get merged with the existing plugin via github or will you release this as a stand alone alt plugin+?

I've had no probs with the catalog ver. to date but I just use it for TvShows, this seems to has more options. (if this can process sub.srt for movies/episodes that's gold)

Thanks! 🍻