Auto-Organize PLUS - public beta

chef

GOTCHA_SA

Hi 

for the Beta Server Auto Organize version 1.7.0.0 For TV and Movies renaming is it possible (or is there any plans) to add %res to the supported Patterns?

This function is available in the version 1.6.41.43 that Chef created. screenshot below
image.png.25da942bf55456faaa781dfd1151378a.png

Thanks in advance 

GOTCHA_SA
On 31/01/2024 at 19:38, GOTCHA_SA said:

Hi 

for the Beta Server Auto Organize version 1.7.0.0 For TV and Movies renaming is it possible (or is there any plans) to add %res to the supported Patterns?

This function is available in the version 1.6.41.43 that Chef created. screenshot below
image.png.25da942bf55456faaa781dfd1151378a.png

Thanks in advance 

@chef anything you can do on this one?

26 minutes ago, GOTCHA_SA said:

@chef anything you can do on this one?

Currently that doesn’t get parsed from the file name, so that would have to be built first.

GOTCHA_SA
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Currently that doesn’t get parsed from the file name, so that would have to be built first.

Many thanks @Lukefor the response, is this something that could be added to the AutoOrganize plugin.

For me I use the below format for all my Movies and TV Series as I like to keep all the different resolution versions within the same folder:

Tv Shows   Series Name S01E04 - resolution.mkv (%sn S%0sE%0e - %res.%ext)
Movies:      Movie Name (2017) - resolution.mkv (%mn (%my) - %res.%ext)

Appreciate anything you can do

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
mauricek

Hi there,

i've been using Auto organize plus for a long time now.

The latest emby Update to version 4.8.3 broke it.

I wanted to update my version now but all the uploads here are unavailiable.

Will it be released to the officeial plugins at some point replacing the normal auto-organize?

Is there still a download from a version that works with 4.8.3?

Kyrunner

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of this plugin does? I installed the plugin from the official plugins not this one I can’t find any documentation on its purpose. From what I can tell you drop a movie into a folder it watches and it rename it and move it someplace else on the server. Doesn’t seem to do much more then me renaming and putting the file where I want it. What am I missing or better yet can someone point me to the wiki on the plugin

AdrianW
40 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

an someone explain to me what the purpose of this plugin does?

For me the main purpose is organising TV episodes. I can drop show.name.S02E03.random.tags.mkv into a folder and the plugin will rename it to show name S01E03 Episode Title.mkv and move it to the correct show/season folder in whatever library it needs to go into.

Kyrunner
41 minutes ago, AdrianW said:

For me the main purpose is organising TV episodes. I can drop show.name.S02E03.random.tags.mkv into a folder and the plugin will rename it to show name S01E03 Episode Title.mkv and move it to the correct show/season folder in whatever library it needs to go into.

How is this different from using filebot?

if I have to rename the episode or movie isn’t the work already done. I just can’t get my head around this plugin. Now if I could drop in say title.mkv and somehow it could find and label that would be a game changer 

jaycedk

It's there for lazy people, than don't want to do the work them self.

Just my guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chef
21 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

It's there for lazy people, than don't want to do the work them self.

Just my guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

😳😱

jaycedk

😂🤣 I'm lazy to, I just use other tools 😂🤣

• Haha 1

chef
4 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

How is this different from using filebot?

if I have to rename the episode or movie isn’t the work already done. I just can’t get my head around this plugin. Now if I could drop in say title.mkv and somehow it could find and label that would be a game changer 

describe what you mean by 'label'. 

Kyrunner
19 minutes ago, chef said:

describe what you mean by 'label'. 

Rename the file 

AdrianW
22 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

if I have to rename the episode or movie isn’t the work already done.

But the point is that the plugin does the renaming (and moving) for you. No manual renaming required. 

• Like 1

Kyrunner
39 minutes ago, AdrianW said:

But the point is that the plugin does the renaming (and moving) for you. No manual renaming required. 

I’ve never seen this happen. If you drop say lone survivortc03.mkv it won’t recognize it and you will have to manually rename it with the year. 

This is my point I have name correctly and put the year in and the title then I will move it. But with out it named correctly it does nothing. Unless I’m doing something wrong or not using it correctly. Would love to see a wiki or documentation on the plugin 

AdrianW
On 13/03/2024 at 23:51, Kyrunner said:

I’ve never seen this happen.

Perhaps you're only collecting reality shows with weird naming conventions.

For the vast majority of TV shows the names start out in the format show.name.SnnEnn.various.scene.tags.mkv - there needs to be a show name, season number and episode number somewhere in  the name. 

• Agree 1

chef
On 3/12/2024 at 4:26 PM, Kyrunner said:

Rename the file 

Right, so this plugin will rename the file it find for you.

If you rip a disc, the application that ripped the disc will most likely name it a certain way.

(Yes, and as an aside I realize that the Internet also has naming convention for media)

This plugin will find those files and rename them and then copy them into you emby library.

Specifically, with the plus version, if the original file is compressed, it will locate it, and decompress it before organizing into the emby library. 

The plus version does have some extra name conventions available as well.

Let me know if I answered your original question or not.

If there is a functionality that can be added to the plugin, I'm definitely interested in it. 

Thanks again.

Chef.

chef
On 3/13/2024 at 11:51 AM, Kyrunner said:

I’ve never seen this happen. If you drop say lone survivortc03.mkv it won’t recognize it and you will have to manually rename it with the year. 

This is my point I have name correctly and put the year in and the title then I will move it. But with out it named correctly it does nothing. Unless I’m doing something wrong or not using it correctly. Would love to see a wiki or documentation on the plugin 

in this case, you may have to use the "Smart Matches" options available under the smart matches tab.

"lone survivortc03.mkv" is not necessarily a typical naming convention, and therefore, most likely would get missed.

Something like: lone.survivor.S03E01.tc.mkv might be a more conventional scheme.

However, if the naming scheme you have shown above is from a specific application (and it is a convention that may show up often), I'll add that to the plugin.

Let me know.

Riezel
On 3/12/2024 at 8:41 PM, chef said:

@mauricek

you can use this version here to continue using AO+

Emby.AutoOrganize_1.9.41.44.zip 247.3 kB · 6 downloads

Hello chef, recently i started trying your plugins again, 
is there any way to add mixed content directory in root selection ? or even automatically select root (based on registered series path), or is this root is needed for custom smart match ?

also is it possible to create custom smart match for series ?

Edited by Riezel
  • Like 1

chef
22 hours ago, Riezel said:

Hello chef, recently i started trying your plugins again, 
is there any way to add mixed content directory in root selection ? or even automatically select root (based on registered series path), or is this root is needed for custom smart match ?

also is it possible to create custom smart match for series ?

Let me look into this. 

I think this should be an easy addition. 🤘

• Thanks 1

gihayes

Hi Chef, I recently loaded Auto-Organize PLUS after upgrading to the latest Emby stable version and I am getting a fail every time it runs. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it but am still getting the error. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

embyserver.txt

User2808

Hello everyone! 
Is there a way to rename the files to another language? I would like to continue to have my movie titles in German.

With kind regards,

chef
On 3/20/2024 at 1:47 PM, User2808 said:

Hello everyone! 
Is there a way to rename the files to another language? I would like to continue to have my movie titles in German.

With kind regards,

Perhaps there is yes. 

But it might take some looking into.

• Thanks 1

chef
On 3/19/2024 at 12:00 AM, gihayes said:

Hi Chef, I recently loaded Auto-Organize PLUS after upgrading to the latest Emby stable version and I am getting a fail every time it runs. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it but am still getting the error. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

embyserver.txt 433.65 kB · 2 downloads

Okay. Let me take a look after work.

It might be the database file.