Auto-Organize PLUS - public beta

chef

chef

Actually, I'm going to rename the database to add plus to it. That way there is not any conflicting issues with auto organize. 

chef

Renaming languages in file names will most likely only work if the name is available from the provider in that language. 

AdminArea51
14 hours ago, chef said:

Okay. Let me take a look after work.

It might be the database file.

Cool. Thanks.

chef
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, User2808 said:

Sry, but what does that mean? 

Inorder to rename files in other languages, we would  first have to use the providers to find the proper naming (the plugin already does this).

Then we would  have to switch languages in the provider API, and grab the name.

If the providers doesn't have the metadata in the API in the other language (ie. German), then we wouldn't be able to rename the file.

Edited by chef

chef

found the language specific code for the plugin. Took a minute to read through everything again.

There is no way to go back and rename files, but we can try to rename future files.

• Thanks 1

phoenix4
On 24/03/2024 at 01:34, chef said:

Okay. Let me take a look after work.

It might be the database file.

Hi Chef, did you have any luck with this? (Emby 4.8.3.0)

chef
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, phoenix4 said:

Hi Chef, did you have any luck with this? (Emby 4.8.3.0)

If the issue is indeed the database, then I have been successful in creating a new database file that plus will use. 

However, moving to the new version will mean starting auto organize data from scratch.

If you were like me and kept a tally of all the sorted media, it will be gone. 🤷 and will have to be started again from scratch. 

This new database file should fix the issue. 

Just running last minutes checks this afternoon to make sure no issues are there. 

👍

Edited by chef

chef

Languages on the other hand is a bit more tricky. 

Still looking I to it. 

• Thanks 1

phoenix4
6 hours ago, chef said:

If the issue is indeed the database, then I have been successful in creating a new database file that plus will use. 

However, moving to the new version will mean starting auto organize data from scratch.

If you were like me and kept a tally of all the sorted media, it will be gone. 🤷 and will have to be started again from scratch. 

Thanks chef! The history doesn't worry me personally.

With its own database now does that mean it's less likely to break with new Emby versions?

• 2 weeks later...
Michiplatz

Hello,

I've been working on emby for 2 hours now, setting everything up and would also like to try this plugin, but how do I install it? I can't find it in the emby library and I can't find a way to install the zip manually. Do I have to do this via console or how, sorry I'm totally new here and don't quite understand it yet

chef
On 4/9/2024 at 10:31 AM, Michiplatz said:

Hello,

I've been working on emby for 2 hours now, setting everything up and would also like to try this plugin, but how do I install it? I can't find it in the emby library and I can't find a way to install the zip manually. Do I have to do this via console or how, sorry I'm totally new here and don't quite understand it yet

I'll post a new dll here shortly for you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 5:43 PM, chef said:

Languages on the other hand is a bit more tricky. 

Still looking I to it. 

Hello again!

Are there any updates or news about this topic?

Sincerely

Edited by User2808