MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

Hi,

thanks for the new version, but there is no change with the library problem on linux (with a full system reboot).

Im using Ubuntu 22.04 (aarch64) with Emby-Server 4.8.0.8 beta (and also a testsystem ubuntu 22.04 server (x64) on an Intel NUC). On both system the mediaplugin (1.0.1.6) will not work cause of the different versions of libstdc++.so(.6). Ubuntu uses libstdc++.so.6.0.30, emby-server libstdc++.so.6.0.28

image.jpeg.85776ebfe2070da1902ad82e98ae9f77.jpeg

With the default libs almost nothing happends....

After i symlinked the libstdc++ in the emby-server/libs folder again against the system library it works again.

image.jpeg.4c3d409834edd1ec435f059e3f376ab7.jpeg

I append 2 logs from scanning a small test library (3 movies). One (unfortunaly without debug) with the emby libs, another (linked to the system libs, working)

Also never worked for me (independend of the library problem) the mediainfo task during a library scan for new items. i got allways the following error:

2022-09-20 22:17:23.761 Info Media Info: New Item Added --- Running Media Info Task for Jurassic Domination
2022-09-20 22:17:23.761 Info Media Info: New Item Added --- Running Media Info Task for Freiwurf
2022-09-20 22:17:23.761 Info Media Info: New Item Added --- Running Media Info Task for Ripper Untold
2022-09-20 22:17:23.761 Error Media Info: Error in Starting Media Info Task for newly added item Freiwurf
2022-09-20 22:17:23.761 Error Media Info: Error in Starting Media Info Task for newly added item Jurassic Domination
2022-09-20 22:17:23.762 Error Media Info: Error in Starting Media Info Task for newly added item Ripper Untold
2022-09-20 22:17:23.762 Error Media Info: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager.Execute(IScheduledTaskWorker task, TaskOptions options)
   at Emby.MediaInfo.MediaInfoPluginEntryPoint.LibraryManagerItemAdded(Object sender, ItemChangeEventArgs e)
2022-09-20 22:17:23.762 Error Media Info: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager.Execute(IScheduledTaskWorker task, TaskOptions options)
   at Emby.MediaInfo.MediaInfoPluginEntryPoint.LibraryManagerItemAdded(Object sender, ItemChangeEventArgs e)

So i have to run a separate Mediainfo task.

One more;) I have set the Aurorun Library Scan option to "on", but this start a (on my systems) a "scan metadata folder",  but should'nd this a (real) library scan, cause we changed the mkv files, and not the stored metadata? For me i need to trigger another library scan after all to see the changes in Emby.

And a last one:;)

You saw my feature request about an option to clear the segment title on each file while processing and the one about problems with uppercase file type abbreviatios (.MKV)?

And a really really last one;)

Thx for this great plugin!

Andreas

embyserver-systemlibs.txt embyserver-embylibs.txt

1971camaroguy

Hey everyone, so if I am reading this correctly there is an option to clear the current embedded titles that were originally added to the files?  Is that what this function does? What about jpg art?

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.13.27 PM.png

Edited by 1971camaroguy

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, 1971camaroguy said:

Hey everyone, so if I am reading this correctly there is an option to clear the current embedded titles that were originally added to the files?  Is that what this function does? What about jpg art?

It only replaces the Audio and Video track Titles within the MKV - this plugin does not touch any other metadata associated with the media.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, 1971camaroguy said:

Hey everyone, so if I am reading this correctly there is an option to clear the current embedded titles that were originally added to the files?

yes this will remove only video and audio track titles when that is enabled

3 minutes ago, 1971camaroguy said:

Is that what this function does? What about jpg art?

No art work is harmed during this execution 

1971camaroguy
3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

It only clears the Titles within the MKV - this plugin does not touch any other metadata associated with the media.

Ok, thanks!

1971camaroguy
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

yes this will remove only video and audio track titles when that is enabled

No art work is harmed during this execution 

Ok, thank you....just found this in my plugin catalog and trying it out...really liking the ability to see atmos and dtx information now, that's a game changer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, 1971camaroguy said:

Ok, thank you....just found this in my plugin catalog and trying it out...really liking the ability to see atmos and dtx information now, that's a game changer

You can also enable tags and this can help you filter media also. I made this along with some very knowledgeable chaps like @rbjtech and @FrostByte, who know this kinda stuff inside and out and were my rock during the development. I think we have pretty much everything covered and please check out the help icon. Rich has written brilliant guides to help the user base.

if you find anything then please let me know and we can always improve 

• Like 1

1971camaroguy

Ok Thank you

I may not have this working yet, this is on an unraid server. I think my paths are all wrong and I may not have the correct versions of mediainfo and mkvtoolnix. I can't figure out where to find the corrrect exe files for mediainfo and mkvpropedit

Anyone with this working on an unraid server wanna help a fellow out with the correct docker containers and path lol? I'm struggling here

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.47.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.44.23 PM.png

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, 1971camaroguy said:

Ok Thank you

I may not have this working yet, this is on an unraid server. I think my paths are all wrong and I may not have the correct versions of mediainfo and mkvtoolnix. I can't figure out where to find the corrrect exe files for mediainfo and mkvpropedit

Anyone with this working on an unraid server wanna help a fellow out with the correct docker containers and path lol? I'm struggling here

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.47.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.44.23 PM.png

What platform are you on? Windows?

there are links in the config UI for versions. You need to point to mkvpropedit executable and it needs to be the CLI version for MediaInfo not the GUI.

1971camaroguy
4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

What platform are you on? Windows?

there are links in the config UI for versions. You need to point to mkvpropedit executable and it needs to be the CLI version for MediaInfo not the GUI.

It's unraid / Linux unfortunatley. I'm going to look into maybe setting up a seperate windows computer for emby and map to the movie folders to unraid through smb share instead. I want to take advantage of the hdr tone mapping and I can't do that the way it's currently set up. 

MajesticMaerlyn

With the latest beta (4.8.0.9) adding tone mapping, does this mean we no longer need the BIF generator tool once all existing are converted? Or am I completely wrong in my understanding of the tool (I very well may be lol) Cheers and thanks for this amazing plugin :)

* Use tone mapping for image extraction

Edited by MajesticMaerlyn
adding server revision and formatting for ease of reading

FrostByte
9 minutes ago, MajesticMaerlyn said:

With the latest beta (4.8.0.9) adding tone mapping, does this mean we no longer need the BIF generator tool once all existing are converted? Or am I completely wrong in my understanding of the tool (I very well may be lol) Cheers and thanks for this amazing plugin :)

As it stands right now, they would be the same unless you wanted TM'd bifs at something other than 10 seconds.

There is talk of possibly adding some other features, but I don't think Cheese has decided that yet.

• Thanks 1

MajesticMaerlyn
3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

As it stands right now, they would be the same unless you wanted TM'd bifs at something other than 10 seconds.

There is talk of possibly adding some other features, but I don't think Cheese has decided that yet.

Cheers - I still like the other functionality of the tool, and am looking forward to the subkiller function if it comes out - so much of my older content has smatterings of random subs from years ago I didn't really feel like trawling through the files to find them :) 

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, MajesticMaerlyn said:

Cheers - I still like the other functionality of the tool, and am looking forward to the subkiller function if it comes out - so much of my older content has smatterings of random subs from years ago I didn't really feel like trawling through the files to find them :) 

Its very close to being released but have decided to make it a separate plugin. We are just polishing off at the minute.

4 hours ago, MajesticMaerlyn said:

i don’t know actually if it will stay or be removed as Frosty says. @rbjtech has been doing some testing and comparisons. So I’m on the fence at the minute. But it will certainly stay at least until the feature makes is to stable Core release.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@neik @FrostByte

is there any knowledge you can share with this chap at all to help him out.

thanks fellas

Unfortunately, as he is using Unraid I can only comment on what I am using:
I'm on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and am using mediainfo 22.03 CLI.

I couldn't find anything for Unraid on the official download page of MediaInfo.

• Like 1

Derkington
4 hours ago, neik said:

Unfortunately, as he is using Unraid I can only comment on what I am using:
I'm on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and am using mediainfo 22.03 CLI.

I couldn't find anything for Unraid on the official download page of MediaInfo.

Unraid is built on Slackware, guidance here https://mediaarea.net/lt/MediaInfo/Download/Slackware - I do not use Unraid so cannot offer any experience based advice on whether building from source will work or not. Maybe start here https://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=mediainfo and see how it goes.

• Like 2

rbjtech

@Cheesegeezer

Hi Dave,

Yea the Core has now replicated what the plugin does for the HDR BIF's - it uses the system specified software tonemap algorithm to create the images, almost exactly the same as we did it using the plugin.

We have the extra ability to change the image frequency but personally I'm not seen the need to ever change this from the default 10 seconds.

Re-processing was added (thanks) but you can now do this by just deleting the BIF and refresh the metadata within Emby.

To note, the core does not REPLACE old HDR BIF's with new tonemap ones - it only works on new files, or those you have manually deleted the BIF's for and then refreshed the data.

So ..

I think the life of the HDR BIF generator still has a valid use - for those that want to replace all their HDR BIF's - OR they can just delete the BIF's and leave the core to regenerate them.

I would keep it for the time being - and maybe sunset it once the Release system has been using HDR BIF's for a while and there is no more noise on 'how do I convert all my old BIF's' ..

:)

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer

@rbjtech thanks for your comments and testing, ignore questions in other thread as you answered them here, so we will keep it lively until release core version hits

@Luke @softworkz let me know when this goes live in stable version so i can remove from plugin.,

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

Hi all 

Version 1.0.1.8 is released in the plugin store

Refresh your browser cache please

1. add in the DV5** HDR identification issue
  2. ADD a note in the UI to explain if DV5** is seen in the Title This is incorrect and requires user attention
  3. Incorporate @softworkz improvements - Thanks Chief
  4. Remove SubKiller from the Media ToolBox - This will be a seperate plugin

image.png.22219294e052e5a39b562532244a8ffd.png

• Like 2

Hi,

thx for the new version. Nice to see a "scan media library" is triggert after running the mediainfo plugin. Unfortunaly a "scan metadata folder" is triggert at the same time. would it not be better to chain both tasks instead doing it parallel?

And unfortunaly the issue with the different linux libstdc++.so.6 libs still exists:(

2022-09-27 21:54:00.842 Debug Media Info: Adding Video Tags
2022-09-27 21:54:00.845 Debug Media Info: VIDEO EXIT CODE 1: STD ERROR OUTPUT
2022-09-27 21:54:00.845 Debug Media Info: /usr/bin/mkvpropedit: /opt/emby-server/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/bin/mkvpropedit)
/usr/bin/mkvpropedit: /opt/emby-server/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfmt.so.8)
/usr/bin/mkvpropedit: /opt/emby-server/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Core.so.6)
/usr/bin/mkvpropedit: /opt/emby-server/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.13' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Core.so.6)

Does this version processes files with uppercase file type abbreviatios (.MKV)?

And option to clear the segment title on each file while processing on the todo list?;)

Andreas

• Agree 1

I just did another test with one new movie (on a system libstdc++ linked to the system library;).

In this case the plugin started and finished BEFORE the initial library scan was done (~98% in my case). 

So a scan metadata folder was initiated, but not the scan library task, cause the initial scan was still running.

Maybe the plugin need to check if a library scan (still) running, before it start the own task.

Cheesegeezer
19 minutes ago, Andy2k said:

I just did another test with one new movie (on a system libstdc++ linked to the system library;).

In this case the plugin started and finished BEFORE the initial library scan was done (~98% in my case). 

So a scan metadata folder was initiated, but not the scan library task, cause the initial scan was still running.

Maybe the plugin need to check if a library scan (still) running, before it start the own task.

I think this might be some configureAwait(falses) that may have been added I’ll take a look.

50 minutes ago, Andy2k said:

Hi,

thx for the new version. Nice to see a "scan media library" is triggert after running the mediainfo plugin. Unfortunaly a "scan metadata folder" is triggert at the same time. would it not be better to chain both tasks instead doing it parallel?

i don’t honestly think this is an issue.

And unfortunaly the issue with the different linux libstdc++.so.6 libs still exists:(

2022-09-27 21:54:00.842 Debug Media Info: Adding Video Tags
2022-09-27 21:54:00.845 Debug Media Info: VIDEO EXIT CODE 1: STD ERROR OUTPUT
2022-09-27 21:54:00.845 Debug Media Info: /usr/bin/mkvpropedit: /opt/emby-server/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/bin/mkvpropedit)
/usr/bin/mkvpropedit: /opt/emby-server/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfmt.so.8)
/usr/bin/mkvpropedit: /opt/emby-server/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Core.so.6)
/usr/bin/mkvpropedit: /opt/emby-server/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.13' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Core.so.6)

Does this version processes files with uppercase file type abbreviatios (.MKV)?

I will have to check again

And option to clear the segment title on each file while processing on the todo list?;)

Andreas

i don’t follow, this only edits audio and video track titles 

@Andy2k The changes I had suggested to @Cheesegeezer were only applied to the execution of mediainfo. 

I some can confirm that it's working now for mediainfo execution, then the same changes need to be applied for execution of mkvpropedit.