embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

anontv

im trying to make a light weight emby addon with no syncing or websocket servers. just direct api calls to emby server to browse videos and stream them and was wondering if you can help me?plugin.video.myembyaddon.zip

Edited by anontv

quickmic
2 minutes ago, anontv said:

im trying to make a light weight emby addon with no syncing or websocket servers. just direct api calls to emby server to browse videos and stream them and was wondering if you can help me?plugin.video.myembyaddon.zip

That's what embycon plugin is doing.

anontv

im pretty sure its setting up a websocket and most of the code is for syncing content. its pretty much excatlly like this addon

quickmic
3 minutes ago, anontv said:

im pretty sure its setting up a websocket and most of the code is for syncing content. its pretty much excatlly like this addon

Please open anew therad. This has nothing todo with e4k plugin

anontv

my end game is add trakt api intergration like you see in most video addons. to create menus like popular, trending, in theaters and also users collections, watchlists, ect

rav3ndk

After update to new version of Emby for Kodi, and old issue has turned up again (re-appeared a few times over the years) 🙂

Local trailers are no longer working as the YouTube links is being prioritized before local trailers. 

Kodi = 20.1
Emby for Kodi Next Gen = 7.13.7 and I have also tested 8.1.3 beta.
Emby = 4.7.11.0

For both 7.13.7 and beta 8.1.3 I cleared the DB and made a full refresh. Issue is still the same as it tries to play the YouTube trailers instead of the local trailer.

Edited by rav3ndk

quickmic
11 hours ago, rav3ndk said:

After update to new version of Emby for Kodi, and old issue has turned up again (re-appeared a few times over the years) 🙂

Local trailers are no longer working as the YouTube links is being prioritized before local trailers. 

Kodi = 20.1
Emby for Kodi Next Gen = 7.13.7 and I have also tested 8.1.3 beta.
Emby = 4.7.11.0

For both 7.13.7 and beta 8.1.3 I cleared the DB and made a full refresh. Issue is still the same as it tries to play the YouTube trailers instead of the local trailer.

Just checking, trailer, not cinemamode, right?

rav3ndk
53 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Just checking, trailer, not cinemamode, right?

Correct. 

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, rav3ndk said:

Correct. 

Will be fixed in next 8.X version

• 2 weeks later...
Glyde62
On 22/01/2023 at 04:17, djhifi said:

What does the option "vacuum" db do vs the one in the server? I mean, is it a good practise when we trigger vacuum on the server, to also do it client-side?

Would love to know this also

quickmic
7 hours ago, Glyde62 said:

Would love to know this also

The vacuum in plugin cleans/optimizes the KODI databases and yes. You can trigger it from time to time.

mata7

hi I'm having this problem, Emby For Kodi Next Gen chapters thumbnails or bookmarks not working, all I see is a blank thumbnails is there a way to fix this or a settings that I'm missing, last stable version of next-gen and kodi, i use HTPC with libreelec, thanks in advanced

quickmic
On 5/23/2023 at 3:17 AM, mata7 said:

hi I'm having this problem, Emby For Kodi Next Gen chapters thumbnails or bookmarks not working, all I see is a blank thumbnails is there a way to fix this or a settings that I'm missing, last stable version of next-gen and kodi, i use HTPC with libreelec, thanks in advanced

You can try latest plugins beta and enable "Use path subsitution". This is a workaround for an actual Kodi limitation.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

mata7

thanks quickmic, but if i enable path substitution do i have to make any other change or will just work?

quickmic
2 hours ago, mata7 said:

thanks quickmic, but if i enable path substitution do i have to make any other change or will just work?

No additional changes required. Maybe reset artwork, but not mandatory.

Some devices may have problems with path substitution, if so keep it disabled.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Eisi2005
On 5/8/2023 at 10:05 AM, quickmic said:

Will be fixed in next 8.X version

Hi, come this fix also for the 7.xx ? Is the version in beta repositry 8.14 ? And is it fix there ? Is the 8.14 usable for normal use ?

Eisi2005

i have now installed version 8.2.7 once. But there I have the problem that I always get a websocket error message. This is probably because I go from my nvidia shield to my server via a wireguard VPN connection. I do this so that I can use the native mode. Now you might ask yourself, why does it do that ? 1. I use the embuary skin and there is also a kind of cinema mode, but there I can specify a folder where my trailers are located that are played before the movie and there I always have trailers located from movies that will be released in the near future. 2. the streaming simply runs better. When I use the addon mode, I always have small dropouts in the picture. Why also always. Therefore, it would be great if you could implement the trailer fix in the 7.xx. I personally do not need a websocket, it is enough for me if the movies are updated when starting kodi. Thanks

Perfect would be if you would make websocket disableable in the addon

Edited by Eisi2005

quickmic
1 hour ago, Eisi2005 said:

Perfect would be if you would make websocket disableable in the addon

I could disable the message in next 8.X version (as an option). However, the VPN shouldn't cause the issue. I assume you use a proxy and it's not configured correctly.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
15 hours ago, Eisi2005 said:

Hi, come this fix also for the 7.xx ? Is the version in beta repositry 8.14 ? And is it fix there ? Is the 8.14 usable for normal use ?

No , I'll not backport features in 7.X. Only bugfixing, actually 7.X will be EOL as soon as current Emby server 4.8X beta will declared as stable. 7.X is not compatible with 4.8X

Eisi2005
44 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No , I'll not backport features in 7.X. Only bugfixing, actually 7.X will be EOL as soon as current Emby server 4.8X beta will declared as stable. 7.X is not compatible with 4.8X

Thanks for the info, but I think playing the local trailer without youtube is a bug and not a feature. With the previous version of the addon it worked. But ok, if it is so, then it is so

Eisi2005
50 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I could disable the message in next 8.X version (as an option). However, the VPN shouldn't cause the issue. I assume you use a proxy and it's not configured correctly.

I am also surprised that it occurs with the shield, because with my windows pc and also a vpn connection the error does not occur. But I have nothing different in the settings within kodi. I also definitely do not use a proxy only the vpn connection.

quickmic
2 hours ago, Eisi2005 said:

I am also surprised that it occurs with the shield, because with my windows pc and also a vpn connection the error does not occur. But I have nothing different in the settings within kodi. I also definitely do not use a proxy only the vpn connection.

Firewall?

Eisi2005

no nothing has been changed in the system. It ran fine before with the older 7.xx version. and it also ran with the 7.13.7 only it was no longer played local trailer