Jump to content

embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support


quickmic

Recommended Posts

Yes would be possible but I want it as close as possible to Emby server. Maybe optional, but not as default and not in 7.X.

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey @quickmic Any chance of getting an option like a sync button bc believe or not sometimes I have to reboot kodi for my new stuff to sync with my emby

on first boot it doesnt work all the time so I gotta exit Kodi then go back in for it to sync. After I am in there and it syncs to my server then there are 0 issues it syncs no problem

 

Mook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 11:34 PM, unmovable said:

This is the setting. Looks like it's completely ignored in v7, but works on v6. Tried versions 7.7.6 and 7.7.8. Also, on 7.7.8 I tried using the episode/show poster setting with db reset and both of them produced same results - all episode thumbnails are dipslayed for watched & unwatched.

2022-09-16_23-31.png

On 9/16/2022 at 11:39 PM, quickmic said:

I'm currently rewriting the complete artwork, please hold on.

  

 

This is still the case with 7.8.2

Edited by unmovable
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic Any chance of getting an option like a sync button bc believe or not sometimes I have to reboot kodi for my new stuff to sync with my emby

on first boot it doesnt work all the time so I gotta exit Kodi then go back in for it to sync. After I am in there and it syncs to my server then there are 0 issues it syncs no problem

 

Mook

I assume maybe something wrong with websocket connection.

There is already option to sync it manually (in export setting mode) by adjusting the last sync time/date.

When it comes to a point where sync is no longer automatically initiated, sounds like a websocket issue or a syncpaused issue and probably the only fix is to restart Kodi.

You could disable the sync pause while playback. This should rule out the pause issue.

Also send me a kodi.log when it happens again BEFORE Kodi restart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, unmovable said:

  

 

This is still the case with 7.8.2

You mean hiding thumbnails for episodes? I'll check that. Could be related to artwork assignment.

EDIT:

should be fixed in next version

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I assume maybe something wrong with websocket connection.

There is already option to sync it manually (in export setting mode) by adjusting the last sync time/date.

When it comes to a point where sync is no longer automatically initiated, sounds like a websocket issue or a syncpaused issue and probably the only fix is to restart Kodi.

You could disable the sync pause while playback. This should rule out the pause issue.

Also send me a kodi.log when it happens again BEFORE Kodi restart.

Where is  (in export setting mode)  I dont see it in the settings

 

Mook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

Where is  (in export setting mode)  I dont see it in the settings

 

Mook

Sorry, I meant expert settings mode, not export.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New version available 7.9.0:

Delta changelog:

Fix coverart issue
Invert the option to assign TVShow posters to episode artwork. Default is off.
change plugin startup code
fix dynamic nodes cast view for episodes
dynamic nodes tries query content data from internal (Kodi's) database, fallback is Emby server (performance improvement for some nodes)
remove all Kodi jsonRPC calls and substitude them with faster (direct DB) queries (also could improve (skin) stability)

 

 

Comment:

Database reset is mandatory
The changes in dynamic nodes is now a sort of hybrid mode. Nodes queries which are not possible with Kodi's internal functions (due to limitations) uses (for subqueries) Kodi database where possible.
e.g. Boxset for TVShows not possible in Kodi, but is on Emby. This node will query content selection from Emby server, once received Kodi's database takes over from here.

 

Todo:

(startup) nodes reset, code-rewrite

library repair sometimes needs a Kodi restart to continue sync

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the latest versions, including 7.9.0, Next gen in Kodi suddenly works very slowly.

After the mandatory database reset, it took a very long time before all images were visible. When I start a video the image remains blurred with a rotating icon.

Continuously I get websocket offline notifications.

With the versions 7.7.* I had no such problems at all. I don't know what has changed/improved, but it doesn't seem like an improvement to me at this time.

Why is everything much slower with these new versions than before? And where do all those websocket errors suddenly come from?

I've been running Emby server version 4.8.0.9 since yesterday

Thank you.

kodi.log kodi.old.log embyserver.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, heula said:

With the latest versions, including 7.9.0, Next gen in Kodi suddenly works very slowly.

After the mandatory database reset, it took a very long time before all images were visible. When I start a video the image remains blurred with a rotating icon.

Continuously I get websocket offline notifications.

With the versions 7.7.* I had no such problems at all. I don't know what has changed/improved, but it doesn't seem like an improvement to me at this time.

Why is everything much slower with these new versions than before? And where do all those websocket errors suddenly come from?

I've been running Emby server version 4.8.0.9 since yesterday

Thank you.

kodi.log 301.62 kB · 0 downloads kodi.old.log 132 kB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 1.21 MB · 1 download

I'll check it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheOverseer
7 minutes ago, heula said:

With the latest versions, including 7.9.0, Next gen in Kodi suddenly works very slowly.

After the mandatory database reset, it took a very long time before all images were visible. When I start a video the image remains blurred with a rotating icon.

Continuously I get websocket offline notifications.

With the versions 7.7.* I had no such problems at all. I don't know what has changed/improved, but it doesn't seem like an improvement to me at this time.

Why is everything much slower with these new versions than before? And where do all those websocket errors suddenly come from?

I've been running Emby server version 4.8.0.9 since yesterday

Thank you.

kodi.log 301.62 kB · 1 download kodi.old.log 132 kB · 1 download embyserver.txt 1.21 MB · 1 download

Ironically for me, 7.9.0 seems much faster....though I am still on Emby server 4.7.6.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, heula said:

With the latest versions, including 7.9.0, Next gen in Kodi suddenly works very slowly.

After the mandatory database reset, it took a very long time before all images were visible. When I start a video the image remains blurred with a rotating icon.

Continuously I get websocket offline notifications.

With the versions 7.7.* I had no such problems at all. I don't know what has changed/improved, but it doesn't seem like an improvement to me at this time.

Why is everything much slower with these new versions than before? And where do all those websocket errors suddenly come from?

I've been running Emby server version 4.8.0.9 since yesterday

Thank you.

kodi.log 301.62 kB · 1 download kodi.old.log 132 kB · 1 download embyserver.txt 1.21 MB · 1 download

In Embys server log are several "Access to the path '/volume4/Filmcollectie/Films/American Siege (2022)/discart.png' is denied." msgs

Can you investigate, probably use on Kodi an admin account for a test run.

Could come from everywhere... Also Windows file permissions and so on...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

In Embys server log are several "Access to the path '/volume4/Filmcollectie/Films/American Siege (2022)/discart.png' is denied." msgs

Can you investigate, probably use on Kodi an admin account for a test run.

Could come from everywhere... Also Windows file permissions and so on...

I think I fixed the permissions issue but the websocket errors keep remaining.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just watching Chicago PD 10x1 and paused it for a few minutes. When I resumed after a few minutes the video freezes and Kodi got stuck. I needed it to close Kodi forced to get it working again.

With previous versions I also had frozen video after resuming from pause but than after a few seconds the video played fast for a few seconds and than normal again. It was and is annoying but Kodi did not get stuck than. Now it get's stuck and is not useable anymore when that happens.

Also when an episode is played till the end, the watched status doesn't change. Also when I stop an episode in the middle, the watched status doesn't change. I can't resume from where I stopped.

kodi.log

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, heula said:

I was just watching Chicago PD 10x1 and paused it for a few minutes. When I resumed after a few minutes the video freezes and Kodi got stuck. I needed it to close Kodi forced to get it working again.

With previous versions I also had frozen video after resuming from pause but than after a few seconds the video played fast for a few seconds and than normal again. It was and is annoying but Kodi did not get stuck than. Now it get's stuck and is not useable anymore when that happens.

Also when an episode is played till the end, the watched status doesn't change. Also when I stop an episode in the middle, the watched status doesn't change. I can't resume from where I stopped.

kodi.log 239.68 kB · 0 downloads

You mentioned you recently u[graded to Emby server beta? Maybe this version causes the issue?

Frankly I run both servers for tests. Stable and beta and I also experience some network issue with beta. Is there a way you can test with stable server as well?

All the kodi.log reports are network timeouts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also you can try downgrade to 7.7x version and keep Emby beta server. If it runs smoothly in with 7.7, it's a plugin issue, otherwise probably an Emby server issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, quickmic said:

Also you can try downgrade to 7.7x version and keep Emby beta server. If it runs smoothly in with 7.7, it's a plugin issue, otherwise probably an Emby server issue.

I updated Emby server from 4.8.0.8 beta to 4.8.0.9 beta.

If my issues remain I will get back to next gen 7.7.

 

I have also noticed that photo labels / tags are missing or removed from the server. Any idea why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New version available 7.9.1:

Delta changelog:

Fix library repair issue (also affected some other sync paused issues)
Fix webservice timeout issue
fix transcoding issue
some minor fixes

 

Todo:

(startup) nodes reset, code-rewrite

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To users of embuary skin:

About the crashes... Maybe it's coming from the "script.embuary.info".

You can try to disable it: Therefore you must patch the embuary addon file:

../data/addons/skin.embuary-matrix/addon.xml

remove this line:

<import addon="script.embuary.info" version="1.2.4"/>

Now start Kodi and disable embuary.info: addons -> video add-ons -> disable embuary info.

You can keep it installed and (re)enable it any time you want.

Keep an eye on side effects.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

To users of embuary skin:

About the crashes... Maybe it's coming from the "script.embuary.info".

You can try to disable it: Therefore you must patch the embuary addon file:

../data/addons/skin.embuary-matrix/addon.xml

remove this line:

<import addon="script.embuary.info" version="1.2.4"/>

Now start Kodi and disable embuary.info: addons -> video add-ons -> disable embuary info.

You can keep it installed and (re)enable it any time you want.

Keep an eye on side effects.

 

 

You can try the same with embuary helper.

 

<import addon="script.embuary.helper" version="1.3.6"/>

Disable after removal under addons -> program addons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went back to Emby server version 4.7.6.0 with next gen version 7.9.1 and most of my issues are gone now.

It seems the Emby server beta version(s) are causing these issues.

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, heula said:

I went back to Emby server version 4.7.6.0 with next gen version 7.9.1 and most of my issues are gone now.

It seems the Emby server beta version(s) are causing these issues.

 

Thanks.

Then there is nothing I could do 🙄

In 7.9.1 I added some minor changes in the websocket connection shutdown code, but I highly doubt this will improves the network connection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fyi. 7.9.1 has probably still a bug when repairing (multiple) libraries at once. I try to fix it...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

some positive feedback, no performance issue or other problems here with emby server 4.8.0.9 beta and 7.9.1 (1x Kodi 19.4 Windows, 3x 19.4 on Coreelec)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RaptorCentauri

I'm encountering an odd error. All of my media is suddenly unable to play. I am getting the error "The file is no longer available, would you like to remove the episode from the library". I use Native Mode on a CoreELEC installation

This began suddenly after a system reboot. I tried updating to 7.9.0 and then 7.9.1 but the problem persists. Emby Server is on 4.8.0.8.

If I use add-on mode the media plays properly. Additionally I tried on another system on the same network with the same user using native mode and it works fine as well. Please let me know if you need any logs (and which ones)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...