embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
11 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

I don't know if this will fix all problems but according to the thread, it will not affect embuary.info.script only. Seems to be an old python bug which only affect embedded python like Kodi uses, at the end of the comments there is also a workaround mentioned, but I have not enough knowledge to know exactly what they want to tell. I think this has to be applied from plugin maintainers but if a plugin isn't maintained anymore than .... 

I can confirm, the fix helps. I had no crashes after replacing the files.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I can confirm, the fix helps. I had no crashes after replacing the files.

Spoke too soon, still some crashes but less than before.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I checked. The option is obsolete, it should be by default.

Please elaborate what you need. The "old: option" has assigned TV-Show poster to Episode poster and that's the case in 7.8.0.

Hi,

the default option in Kodi Estuary is showing tv-show episode thrumbnails for newly added episodes. It would be nice to have an option to switch it back to this, but this is not a must have (for me).

• Like 1

quickmic

Spoke too soon, still some crashes but less than before.

I did more research for Embuary and the issues seems to be related to its internal nodes (widgets). I recommend replacing all of them with the ones from next-gen. You have all the custom nodes availalbe for replacement and they are much faster. So it's a win win, on the down side, yes. This needs work but a small price to pay for better performance and stability.

If you need additional nodes, let me know.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, Andy2k said:

Hi,

the default option in Kodi Estuary is showing tv-show episode thrumbnails for newly added episodes. It would be nice to have an option to switch it back to this, but this is not a must have (for me).

Was this different in the previous version (even with the option)?

Ich habe mehr für Embuary recherchiert und die Probleme scheinen mit seinen internen Knoten (Widgets) zusammenzuhängen. Ich empfehle, sie alle durch die der nächsten Generation zu ersetzen. Sie haben alle benutzerdefinierten Knoten zum Austausch zur Verfügung und sie sind viel schneller. Es ist also ein Win-Win, auf der anderen Seite, ja. Dies erfordert Arbeit, aber einen kleinen Preis für eine bessere Leistung und Stabilität.

Wenn Sie zusätzliche Knoten benötigen, lassen Sie es mich wissen.

I will definitely do the work when it runs more smoothly, so just replace all the widgets. I will report if everything runs smoothly. If I miss a node, I'll let you know. I actually had it all set up at the time, then unfortunately reset it without a backup.

TheOverseer
26 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Was this different in the previous version (even with the option)?

The default for Estuary is to show the episode thumbnail for newly added episodes.  The previous version (with the option) allowed for this.

quickmic
11 minutes ago, TheOverseer said:

The default for Estuary is to show the episode thumbnail for newly added episodes.  The previous version (with the option) allowed for this.

Still not sure why. The option was for replacing the poster images for episodes not the thumbnails. As esturay shows thumbs by default, there should be no difference.

Are you requesting a thumbnail overwrite by poster images? If so, you know this will be a global option, not just for this specific node. ALL episode views using thumbnails will show the posters if I add an this option. Do you really want that?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
7 hours ago, Seger said:

What I noticed positively is "Fix sort order for next up episodes for dynamic nodes" although it does not 100% sync to the Emby server. We've discussed this before and you made the point that windows and kodi may handle it in a different level of detail. Do you think you can optimise the sync of the replay and the synchronisation with emby so that it is always synchronous? The duration of the playback time may be a starting point here.

The dynamic node must match Emby servers next up cause Emby server sends the data. The plugin doesn't do anything just viewing them.

The Embuary next up is also not matching Emby servers next up. Actually the plugins next-up node is more accurate.

embyL0VER

ALL episode views using thumbnails will show the posters if I add an this option. Do you really want that?

I think the problem is, that that what you are saying is the case for whatever reason at the moment. (In Estuary)

@quickmic

Edited by embyL0VER
Removed Images, TheOverseer showed it better

quickmic
3 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

I think the problem is, that that what you are saying will be the case is for whatever reason at the moment case. (In Estuary)

IMG_20220918_183817.thumb.jpg.923407cbfc46df92406e0b3ca3fd2cd1.jpg

But it would be really helpful if the others would post screenshots, just saying.

Ok, I'll investigate what's wrong but I assume this is maybe a bug and not related to the previous option.

TheOverseer
38 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Still not sure why. The option was for replacing the poster images for episodes not the thumbnails. As esturay shows thumbs by default, there should be no difference.

Are you requesting a thumbnail overwrite by poster images? If so, you know this will be a global option, not just for this specific node. ALL episode views using thumbnails will show the posters if I add an this option. Do you really want that?

In 7.8.1 the TV show poster is showing up in the "Recently Added Episodes" widget, rather than the episode thumbnail

I've attached 2 images to hopefully show the differences:

7.8.1=

7.8.jpg

7.7.8 = 

old.png

When navigating within the TV show, the thumbnail is correct.  It's just incorrect within the widget.

(Hope this makes sense!!)

Edited by TheOverseer
Clarification

quickmic
Just now, TheOverseer said:

I've attached 2 images to hopefully show the differences.

7.8.jpg

old.png

Ok, but this seems to be a skin bug. The artwork is correctly assigned to the episodes.

I can add an overwrite option for episode poster with thumbnails. I think this was the case in previous version.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

TheOverseer
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Ok, but this seems to be a skin bug. The artwork is correctly assigned to the episodes.

I can add an overwrite option for episode poster with thumbnails. I think this was the case in previous version

Sorry, I was editing my previous post before.

You are correct, the issue seems to only be with the "Recently Added Episodes" widget.  The option you added in the previous version got things to work just how I wanted them 🙂

• Like 1

Hi,

for me (i guess) poster will now be used for recently added and when i browse a season.

image.jpeg.e7d2b56bfd0f65fee8b282aee4aab6d1.jpeg

With the older versions (and with my old SQL setup) thrumnails was used, even on episode information. Now the thrumbnail overlap the serie poster.

image.jpeg.06380c84f3b00f95bcf86165497dfb41.jpeg

image.jpeg.9a7d70b4284c651e7b80bb226a9cddf2.jpeg

Oh and i did a full image reset....

Edited by Andy2k

quickmic

New version available 7.8.2:

Delta changelog:

Add option to overwrite episode posters by episode thumbnails

Comment:

Option must be enabled BEFORE sync. Database reset including artwork is required.

Todo:

(startup) nodes reset, code-rewrite

• Like 1

pünktchen

I think the real problem is that no Kodi skin expects poster images for episodes! If now the episode widget shares some skin code with movie widgets you get the problem. Poster images for episodes should be handled only by the Kodi skins by setting the parent tv show images. It should not be set by the Emby addon.

• Like 2

quickmic
8 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I think the real problem is that no Kodi skin expects poster images for episodes! If now the episode widget shares some skin code with movie widgets you get the problem. Poster images for episodes should be handled only by the Kodi skins by setting the parent tv show images. It should not be set by the Emby addon.

I think about completely removing posters from episodes but who knows what kind of issues this will trigger.

pünktchen
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I think about completely removing posters from episodes...

And also Kodi landscape images. In Kodi episodes only can have thumbs and fanart by default.

quickmic
1 minute ago, pünktchen said:

And also Kodi landscape images. In Kodi episodes only can have thumbs and fanart by default.

Are you sure, cause Embuary skin shows for next-up epsiodes landscape. I don't know if Embuary's fallback for missing landscape is fanart.

Exactly, for Embuary we need fanart or landscape for episode images. Episode posters don't make sense from my Embuary glasses. With your close look at Embuary, all Embuary users should be very happy.

embyL0VER

Yeah officially it is like pünktchen says. Embuary shows TVShow Landscape for some Episode Widgets to imitate the look of emby itself.

But don't know what happens If you removed the TVShow / Landscape mapping. If it has an impact on the episode widgets leave it like it is. 🤣

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
3 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yes. Just look at the Kodi wiki for artwork.

ok, I'll do so in next version.