embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
1 minute ago, embyL0VER said:

Yeah officially it is like pünktchen says. Embuary shows TVShow Landscape for some Episode Widgets to imitate the look of emby itself.

Confirmed, but landscape (definitely Embuary's "default" for next-up episodes")  should be removed too.

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Confirmed, but landscape (definitely Embuary's "default" for next-up episodes")  should be removed too.

As a general rule, you should never assign parent images via your addon. This is all done by the Kodi skins. If Kodi doesn't look like Emby then the users should ask for support by the skin creators.

Edited by pünktchen

quickmic
10 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Well I don't know what than happens. But you know what you are doing 🤣

btw for the total confusion. Emby server's next up images doesn't show (Emby) TVShow backdrops. It shows (Emby) TVShows thumbs.

So the mapping would be. (Emby) TVShow thumb assigned to (Kodi) episode fanart if episode has not its own (Emby) backdrop and as fallback is (Emby) TVShow backdrop.

The skin wants (Kodi) landscape and hoping skin's fallback is (Kodi) fanart.

Edited by quickmic

Are we now moving back so that we see thumbnails again in Embuary next episodes, or do you have a solution that covers both needs? The fact that we are now returning to fanart in Embuary in the fallback to the missing landscape is great. But I think you've seen that for yourself now, haven't you?

quickmic
7 minutes ago, Seger said:

Are we now moving back so that we see thumbnails again in Embuary next episodes, or do you have a solution that covers both needs? The fact that we are now returning to fanart in Embuary in the fallback to the missing landscape is great. But I think you've seen that for yourself now, haven't you?

Here is the mapping table for the next version. Use it, try it, modify it, it's not hard. Priority is left to right:

ImageTagsMappings = {
    "Series": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'landscape')),
    "Season": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ('SeriesPrimary', 'poster'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("Primary", 'thumb'), ("ParentLogo", 'clearlogo'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart')),
    "Episode": (("Primary", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ("ParentThumb", 'fanart'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart')),
    "Movie": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "BoxSet": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "Video": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "MusicArtist": (('Primary', 'thumb'), ('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "MusicAlbum": (('Primary', 'thumb'), ('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("Primary", 'thumb'), ("ParentLogo" ,'clearlogo'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart'), ("AlbumArtists", 'poster'), ("AlbumArtists", 'thumb'), ("AlbumArtists", 'fanart'), ("ArtistItems", 'poster'), ("ArtistItems", 'thumb'), ("ArtistItems", 'fanart')),
    "Audio": (('Primary', 'thumb'), ('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('AlbumPrimary', 'poster'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("Primary", 'thumb'), ("ParentLogo", 'clearlogo'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart'), ("AlbumArtists", 'poster'), ("AlbumArtists", 'thumb'), ("AlbumArtists", 'fanart'), ("ArtistItems", 'poster'), ("ArtistItems", 'thumb'), ("ArtistItems", 'fanart')),
    "MusicVideo": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "Photo": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "PhotoAlbum": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "Folder": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "TvChannel": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "Trailer": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb'))
}

Hi,

with the new option set to on the thumbs are back in business:)

And some feedback to image loading performance, especialy with a windows client. Images load now ultra fast, without (or nearly without) caching issues. I can say, image loading is now  almost perfect on windows😀

Images load faster than before with a mysql database. Im really tempted to reset the database a few more times zu see the fast image loading again🤣

Edited by Andy2k
  • Like 2

embyL0VER
15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

btw for the total confusion. Emby server's next up images doesn't show (Emby) TVShow backdrops. It shows (Emby) TVShows thumbs.

Yes, that do we know. But emby next up uses tvshow backdrop as fallback if tvshow thumb is not available.

For that case you have implemented the fix/fallbacks  seger and I asked for.

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Agree 1

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Andy2k said:

Hi,

with the new option set to on the thumbs are back in business:)

And some feedback to image loading performance, especialy with a windows client. Images load now ultra fast, without (or nearly without) caching issues. I can say, image loading is now  almost perfect on windows😀

fyi I'll remove the option once again in next version and try to fix it with default settings.

• Haha 1

embyL0VER
Just now, quickmic said:

fyi I'll remove the option once again in next version and try to fix it with default settings.

🤪🤣

I think, it says "never, touch a running system"

@quickmic I think you interpreted it wrong. 🤣

quickmic
3 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

🤪🤣

I think, it says "never, touch a running system"

@quickmic I think you interpreted it wrong. 🤣

Yes, but it's crap if you must enable an option that the default skin shows the artwork correctly. Users not following this thread are not aware of it.

plugins default settings should be "correct" for 99% of all use cases.

Edited by quickmic
  • Agree 1

Okay, so are you going to set it up like we talked about in the last post? Next episodes in Embuary = landscape and as fallback fanart. Thumbs are only displayed in the Season -> Episode category.

quickmic
8 minutes ago, Seger said:

Okay, so are you going to set it up like we talked about in the last post? Next episodes in Embuary = landscape and as fallback fanart. Thumbs are only displayed in the Season -> Episode category.

I'm cannot say what exactly happens to each skin. That's why I'm almost begging, TEST IT. Don''t let me do all the work for you. Once again, it's NOT HARD just annoying work. btw, I use complete other skins for my boxes and I  review this skin related issues just for you. My skin works perfect with each setup.

I posted the conceptional mapping table for the next version. Use it and see what happens!

located in /addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/core/common.py on top.

Edited by quickmic

I'm only on my phone at the moment and can't test it so quickly, but I will. Just thought, because we've been playing through it the last few days and it's all working, that we've reached the end. I know it's not adapted for everyone.

I am currently trying to test it remotely and have noticed that adding and removing databases does not work properly. I will have to delete the database once and add it again.

embyL0VER
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

So the mapping would be. (Emby) TVShow thumb assigned to (Kodi) episode fanart if episode has not its own (Emby) backdrop and as fallback is (Emby) TVShow backdrop.

The skin wants (Kodi) landscape and hoping skin's fallback is (Kodi) fanart.

@quickmic

will definitely test the new version as soon it is out.

But may I suggest something, so that your work from the last days will not be completely obsolete. 

I think what you are saying, that all mappings should fit to Kodi standard without the user to switch something on is definitely right.

But maybe it is possible if we look for a more emby look a like experience to add what you wrote above and obviously done before with your fallbacks and fixes as an option.

Meaning one option to enable to make the mapping like you mentioned above.

Only in case it will not work with a standard approach.

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seger said:

Ich versuche es gerade aus der Ferne zu testen und habe festgestellt, dass das Hinzufügen und Entfernen von Datenbanken nicht richtig funktioniert. Ich werde die Datenbank einmal löschen und neu hinzufügen müssen.

I'm quoting myself now - haha. Something is wrong when adding and removing individual libraries. It doesn't take over and after restarts it always runs through a loop. I will now reset everything manually and then test it.

edit: log

kodi.log

Edited by Seger

quickmic
Just now, Seger said:

I'm quoting myself now - haha. Something is wrong when adding and removing individual libraries. It doesn't take over and after restarts it always runs through a loop. I will now reset everything manually and then test it.

Please send me a kodi.log for review. I'll also check it.

For today I'm afk.

Edited by quickmic

2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log for review. I'll also check it.

For today I'm afk.

see post, thank you for all your hard work. could be started properly after complete reset. will report. thanks!

ImageTagsMappings = {
    "Series": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'landscape')),
    "Season": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ('SeriesPrimary', 'poster'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("Primary", 'thumb'), ("ParentLogo", 'clearlogo'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart')),
    "Episode": (("Primary", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ("ParentThumb", 'fanart'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart')),
    "Movie": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "BoxSet": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "Video": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "MusicArtist": (('Primary', 'thumb'), ('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "MusicAlbum": (('Primary', 'thumb'), ('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("Primary", 'thumb'), ("ParentLogo" ,'clearlogo'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart'), ("AlbumArtists", 'poster'), ("AlbumArtists", 'thumb'), ("AlbumArtists", 'fanart'), ("ArtistItems", 'poster'), ("ArtistItems", 'thumb'), ("ArtistItems", 'fanart')),
    "Audio": (('Primary', 'thumb'), ('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('AlbumPrimary', 'poster'), ("ParentThumb", 'thumb'), ("Primary", 'thumb'), ("ParentLogo", 'clearlogo'), ("ParentBackdrop", 'fanart'), ("AlbumArtists", 'poster'), ("AlbumArtists", 'thumb'), ("AlbumArtists", 'fanart'), ("ArtistItems", 'poster'), ("ArtistItems", 'thumb'), ("ArtistItems", 'fanart')),
    "MusicVideo": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "Photo": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "PhotoAlbum": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "Folder": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "TvChannel": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb')),
    "Trailer": (('Primary', 'poster'), ("Art", 'clearart'), ("Banner", 'banner'), ("Disc", 'discart'), ("Logo", 'clearlogo'), ("Thumb", 'thumb'), ("Thumb", 'landscape'), ("Backdrop", 'fanart'), ('Primary', 'thumb'))
}

I can report that the scheme also displays everything cleanly in Embuary, with landscape / fanart displayed for the next episodes. Under the seasons, the episodes are displayed as thumbnails, which is all correct from my point of view. From my point of view it fits. We really talked past each other and you found a solution.

TheOverseer
58 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Here is the mapping table for the next version. Use it, try it, modify it, it's not hard. Priority is left to right:

ImageTagsMappings = {
}

Just tried this code.  The artwork in "Recently added episodes" is correct (episode thumbnail), however the backdrop now is the TV show thumbnail and not the fanart.

Hope these screenshots explain what I mean.

correct.png

correct1.png

incorrect.png

incorrect1.png

emby1.png

emby2.png