quickmic
15 minutes ago, p4nda said:

i got failed to an invalid file structuree if i want install the 7.8.0 zip

Please try again, I re-uploaded the file

• Thanks 1

GavinCampbell
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.8.0:

Just an fyi... upgraded the addon.  Saw the msg about the database reset but before I could answer it does a refresh and its gone.  Hade to relogin to see it again but have to answer quickly before the refresh.

I'm not sure any other dialogs will get lost in the refresh as well.

Hi,

the message about reset the image cache get lost too cause of skin refresh, it stay only ~2sec on screen (Estuary Skin).

Is the option to choose between tvshow poster and thrumbnails removed in this version?

quickmic
10 hours ago, GavinCampbell said:

Just an fyi... upgraded the addon.  Saw the msg about the database reset but before I could answer it does a refresh and its gone.  Hade to relogin to see it again but have to answer quickly before the refresh.

I'm not sure any other dialogs will get lost in the refresh as well.

I'll review that, what skin are you using?

Is already fixed in my test version.

Workaround: Disable the skin refresh in next-gen config menu and restart Kodi.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, Andy2k said:

Is the option to choose between tvshow poster and thrumbnails removed in this version?

Yes, let me know if I should re-add this option but I assume it's no longer required due to artwork mapping changes.

TheOverseer
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Yes, let me know if I should re-add this option but I assume it's no longer required due to artwork mapping changes.

I'd like the option re-added if possible?  I use the default Kodi skin and prefer to see the thumbnail over the poster.

• Like 1

Wow, what a brilliant update, impressive!!! Thanks for the great inigration of intro skip, server messages and the way fanart is displayed.

I'm very very Happy and I also think you optimized the image caching really awesome. Haven't even cached the thumbnails yet and still all the images load cleanly. I have never seen such a performance, especially with the size of my library very impressive!

I've attached 2 log files for you, had a bit of a hiccup when syncing, but then calmed down again, but maybe you'll find something in the error sections of the log. Then I noticed that the nodes reset was not executed cleanly, had to trigger it manually and restart it, which then worked.

Thank you very much, excellent work!!!!

Seger  

kodi.old.log kodi.log

quickmic
1 minute ago, Seger said:

Wow, what a brilliant update, impressive!!! Thanks for the great inigration of intro skip, server messages and the way fanart is displayed.

I'm very very Happy and I also think you optimized the image caching really awesome. Haven't even cached the thumbnails yet and still all the images load cleanly. I have never seen such a performance, especially with the size of my library very impressive!

I've attached 2 log files for you, had a bit of a hiccup when syncing, but then calmed down again, but maybe you'll find something in the error sections of the log. Then I noticed that the nodes reset was not executed cleanly, had to trigger it manually and restart it, which then worked.

Thank you very much, excellent work!!!!

Seger  

kodi.old.log 183.77 kB · 0 downloads kodi.log 104.13 kB · 0 downloads

This will be fixed in next version. Sometimes Kodi doesn't respect the library "scan" command and the plugin sync hangs in a infinite loop. -> Kodi restart is required and exactly this caused the issue.

Also I'll add a 50sec timeout if Kodi is not starting the scan even the plugin send the command.

• Agree 1

quickmic

btw, trigger the scan manually (via skin option -> library update) should also escape the loop without Kodi restart.

• Agree 1

What I noticed positively is "Fix sort order for next up episodes for dynamic nodes" although it does not 100% sync to the Emby server. We've discussed this before and you made the point that windows and kodi may handle it in a different level of detail. Do you think you can optimise the sync of the replay and the synchronisation with emby so that it is always synchronous? The duration of the playback time may be a starting point here.

quickmic
9 minutes ago, Seger said:

I caused Kodi to crash when resetting an item in the "Continue watching" section, attached is the log.

kodi.log 200.92 kB · 0 downloads

This is exactly what I also experience. From time to time Embuary just crashes and is not a next-gen plugin bug. Seems the script.embuary.info causes this crashes and is not related to any pattern. More or less random, and not related to "Continue watching".

oh, that's not good news, but it was kind of my feeling too, it's pretty stupid that it's no longer maintained and sualfred hasn't made it open so that someone else can look at it. Otherwise, the skin is just great and the only one that comes so close to Emby Core.

quickmic
14 minutes ago, Seger said:

oh, that's not good news, but it was kind of my feeling too, it's pretty stupid that it's no longer maintained and sualfred hasn't made it open so that someone else can look at it. Otherwise, the skin is just great and the only one that comes so close to Emby Core.

I'll review it once again, maybe I find a patter but even without the plugin enabled I experienced crashes.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, quickmic said:

I'll review it once again, maybe I find a patter but even without the plugin enabled I experienced crashes.

I can confirm this, thank you for this really additional view and the attempt to get to the bottom of it.

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Hi,

re-adding the option would be nice, as thrumbnail view is Kodi default (in an SQL setup). But for me i can also live without it;)

25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

This is exactly what I also experience. From time to time Embuary just crashes and is not a next-gen plugin bug. Seems the script.embuary.info causes this crashes and is not related to any pattern. More or less random, and not related to "Continue watching".

There are alot of posts around script.embuary.info causes crashes in kodi / kodinerds forum, also there are some other issues the script causes. On Estuary the movie category nodes on the main screen will not start left (zuletzt hinzugefügt) but somewhere around Moviesets...

Some other issues still open on the script.embuary.info repository.

embyL0VER

Reading through the comments of this thread:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17311#issue-558749819

Down at the bottom of the comments there is a post from "matke-84 commented on 8 Apr"

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17311#issuecomment-1092887145

which adds two files (constants.txt / arrow.txt), renamed this files to .py and replaced them with the original ones from

"addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/"

seems to solve crashing of embuary.info.script.

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
2 hours ago, Andy2k said:

Hi,

re-adding the option would be nice, as thrumbnail view is Kodi default (in an SQL setup). But for me i can also live without it;)

I checked. The option is obsolete, it should be by default.

Please elaborate what you need. The "old: option" has assigned TV-Show poster to Episode poster and that's the case in 7.8.0.

24 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Lesen Sie sich die Kommentare dieses Threads durch:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17311#issue-558749819

Unten in den Kommentaren gibt es einen Beitrag von "matke-84 kommentiert am 8 Apr"

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17311#issuecomment-1092887145

Dadurch werden zwei Dateien (Konstanten.txt / Pfeil.txt) hinzugefügt, diese Dateien in .py umbenannt und durch die ursprünglichen Dateien von

"addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/"

scheint den Absturz von embuary.info.script zu lösen.

That would be crazy if it actually fixed all the errors. I'll test it later, I'm still on the road. But that also means that it's not Embuary itself, but rather the core script. Is the script no longer updated? Thanks already, it's great that you found this.

quickmic

New version available 7.8.1:

Delta changelog:

Fix mandatory reset function (skin refresh issue)
Fix sync update issue when Kodi library scan is initiated

Todo:

(startup) nodes reset, code-rewrite

• Thanks 1

embyL0VER
12 minutes ago, Seger said:

That would be crazy if it actually fixed all the errors. I'll test it later, I'm still on the road. But that also means that it's not Embuary itself, but rather the core script. Is the script no longer updated? Thanks already, it's great that you found this.

I don't know if this will fix all problems but according to the thread, it will not affect embuary.info.script only. Seems to be an old python bug which only affect embedded python like Kodi uses, at the end of the comments there is also a workaround mentioned, but I have not enough knowledge to know exactly what they want to tell. I think this has to be applied from plugin maintainers but if a plugin isn't maintained anymore than .... 

• Like 1