Jump to content

Shield Experience 9 Release


CBers

Recommended Posts

FrostByte

I assume server is similar according to Jonz.  There are 4 possible options.  Allow all the time, Allow, allow when using the app, and Don't allow.

 

Edit: not sure what the difference is between Allow all the time and Allow is.

Edited by FrostByte
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte

You're not have any issues with server though right?  It's only ATV that is having permissions problems according to the logs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer

The server is functioning fine. Only issue I have. Is the pass direct path.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jonz
12 minutes ago, Audiomixer said:

The server is functioning fine. Only issue I have. Is the pass direct path.

Yes this is the issue. I'm using direct path as well hence I believe that is the reason why media is not playing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech
Just now, Jonz said:

Yes this is the issue. I'm using direct path as well hence I believe that is the reason why media is not playing. 

It should fall back to HTTP if direct FILE is not working - that's what mine is doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jonz
2 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

It should fall back to HTTP if direct FILE is not working - that's what mine is doing.

Is there any settings to make it fall back to http? Mine has been giving me the no playable stream available error or something. I'm in the midst of rebuilding my database for the god knows how many times over the past 2 days to troubleshoot this. This is my attempt after installing the hotfix 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech
Just now, Jonz said:

Is there any settings to make it fall back to http? Mine has been giving me the no playable stream available error or something. I'm in the midst of rebuilding my database for the god knows how many times over the past 2 days to troubleshoot this. This is my attempt after installing the hotfix 

no - it's automatic.  If you remove the 'Direct File Play' option in the Playback options - does it then work ok ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jonz
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

no - it's automatic.  If you remove the 'Direct File Play' option in the Playback options - does it then work ok ?

Let me try it when the media library scanning is done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CBers
57 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

ATV and ET are both missing that option.  It's there for VLC and the other apps

Settings_20220116_094935.png.27b6e743f4358512ac88cbb650687372.png

Not sure why Emby would need access to the files when it's not running 🤔

51 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Here's the option you should choose according to that article.  I've seen the same thing posted by the nVidia staff on their forum.

Settings_20220116_095437.png.3c076915d72eb426785026b2feb0df8d.png

Hopefully @ebr can add it to the next beta release (.65).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jonz
13 hours ago, mpg732 said:

To roll back the OS, here's a video on how to do so,

 

 

yeah, i think i'm gonna do this. Wasted too much time mucking around the entire thing past weekend. My other shield tv tube luckily i've not updated it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jonz
15 hours ago, rbjtech said:

no - it's automatic.  If you remove the 'Direct File Play' option in the Playback options - does it then work ok ?

I can confirm after installing the nvidia Hotfix i am able to play from Emby webapp etc. However, i guess this is out of the Emby topic - Kodi is busted, i am stuck unable to restore my build as it restrict access to the Android folder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3djc

Just to come back to earlier point, I can confirm Shield Pro works great with Dolby Vision fetch from Emby on synology to Panasonic Oled TV, unlike earlier Shield version.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CBers
1 hour ago, Jonz said:

I can confirm after installing the nvidia Hotfix i am able to play from Emby webapp etc. However, i guess this is out of the Emby topic - Kodi is busted, i am stuck unable to restore my build as it restrict access to the Android folder. 

Have you seen this thread?
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jonz
3 hours ago, CBers said:

Have you seen this thread?
 

 

Thanks, wasn't aware of this thread. My eyes are kinda tired reading thru stuffs attempting to fix this situation with the Nvidia Shield

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer

I’ve got kodi running here using the kodinerds 19.3 for dv. Working fine. Recently uninstalled and reinstalled a number of versions for the dv option. Never a problem.

We know SE9 works (I have 3 running it for months) If I were @JonzI would first do a total reset of shield and start fresh. As fickle as windows can be with drivers I wouldn’t put my horses in that stall on a reflash. I could not even get device manager to recognize tegra in device manger no matter what driver I tried to use. My MacBook Pro was easy. The dude in the video was having an issue with windows as well.

Edited by Audiomixer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mightymouse11

Aghhh!! I splashed out on a tube Nvidia Shield for Christmas and was very disappointed to see it struggle and fail with high bitrate 4k REMUXs. I then took the plunge and swapped the tube for the Pro model which sorted the playback issues BUT now just 3 days later, the auto update kicked in to SE9 it’s worse than the previous tube issues. Constant stutters…

Anyone else experiencing the same playback issues and any tips to resolve? Most annoying that a FireTV Stick Max @ £36 plays everything with 0 issues!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte

I haven't noticed any playback issues with my 2019 pro, but then I loaded the hotfix immediately so that may have helped.

Edited by FrostByte
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mightymouse11
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

I haven't noticed any playback issues with my 2019 pro, but then I loaded the hotfix immediately so that may have helped.

Thanks, not sure what it doesn’t like on mine. Do you use the standard emby player app or a side loaded version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jonz
8 hours ago, Audiomixer said:

I’ve got kodi running here using the kodinerds 19.3 for dv. Working fine. Recently uninstalled and reinstalled a number of versions for the dv option. Never a problem.

We know SE9 works (I have 3 running it for months) If I were @JonzI would first do a total reset of shield and start fresh. As fickle as windows can be with drivers I wouldn’t put my horses in that stall on a reflash. I could not even get device manager to recognize tegra in device manger no matter what driver I tried to use. My MacBook Pro was easy. The dude in the video was having an issue with windows as well.

Just an update for everyone. Thanks to everyone that has chipped in with ideas and tips to solve my issues without doing a fallback to Shield 8.2.3

I've got my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 working to somewhat serve my purpose :-

1.) File explorers are working

2.) Emby Server is working fine, seems fast now as well. I can stream via webapp and also thru Emby Next Gen 6.2.6 in Kodi

3.) I am able to restore my Kodi build backup (this saved me a lot of time mucking around with setups etc). Got the idea to use Kodi's File Manager in another thread here to copy my backup into the Profile\Addon Data folder and the restore utility could see the backup and restore it. 

4.) Emby-next-gen 6.2.6 for Kodi is fast, building a fresh library took a jiffy.

5.) Haven't tried loading Retroarch yet, but i don't game much nowadays anyway so it's a smaller issue. 

6.) All streaming apps on the Shield is working - Netflix, Prime, other IPTV stuffs.

Keyword for everyone facing these issue are :-

a.) Install the Nvidia hotfix. remount NAS drives etc

b.) reinstall file explorers, kodi and what other apps you have that's not working and give it permissions again

Edited by Jonz
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte
3 minutes ago, mightymouse11 said:

Thanks, not sure what it doesn’t like on mine. Do you use the standard emby player app or a side loaded version?

Try loading the hotfix and then deleting the app and reinstalling.  Also give the app "Files and media" permissions.  The only thing that I haven't gotten working 100% like before is Direct File access

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer
34 minutes ago, Jonz said:

Just an update for everyone. Thanks to everyone that has chipped in with ideas and tips to solve my issues without doing a fallback to Shield 8.2.3

I've got my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 working to somewhat serve my purpose :-

1.) File explorers are working

2.) Emby Server is working fine, seems fast now as well. I can stream via webapp and also thru Emby Next Gen 6.2.6 in Kodi

3.) I am able to restore my Kodi build backup (this saved me a lot of time mucking around with setups etc). Got the idea to use Kodi's File Manager in another thread here to copy my backup into the Profile\Addon Data folder and the restore utility could see the backup and restore it. 

4.) Emby-next-gen 6.2.6 for Kodi is fast, building a fresh library took a jiffy.

5.) Haven't tried loading Retroarch yet, but i don't game much nowadays anyway so it's a smaller issue. 

6.) All streaming apps on the Shield is working - Netflix, Prime, other IPTV stuffs.

Keyword for everyone facing these issue are :-

a.) Install the Nvidia hotfix. remount NAS drives etc

b.) reinstall file explorers, kodi and what other apps you have that's not working and give it permissions again

Curious, did you do a complete reset or just kinda applied the hotfix reinstalled apps and rebuild? In any case so glad you are up and running,

Edited by Audiomixer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jonz
1 hour ago, Audiomixer said:

Curious, did you do a complete reset or just kinda applied the hotfix reinstalled apps and rebuild? In any case so glad you are up and running,

I didn't attempt a reset, just installed hotfix. Uninstall the apps and reinstall. 

Edited by Jonz
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...