Jump to content

Shield Experience 9 Release


CBers

Recommended Posts

FrostByte
6 hours ago, CBers said:

I upgraded the 2nd of my 3 Shields last night, this time the main one in my lounge, and although it all went OK and works in the same was as before, there is an audio glitch.

When I play something, then press back to stop playback, the video stops, but the audio plays for a split second behind a blank screen, before returning to the previous page.

Didn't have this before.

Has anyone else experienced this since upgrading?
 

When I click back I get a black screen for a second or two, but the sound stops immediately after I click back.  This is with File access though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer
4 minutes ago, CBers said:

I don't have the hotfix installed.
 

Meaning it still have the same behavior with hotfix.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte
4 minutes ago, Audiomixer said:

Some interesting reading here on current known issues with SE9 and WAR solutions just posted.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/481782/shield-experience-upgrade-90-known-issues/

 

I forgot to mention I also deleted ATV and reinstalled it.  nVidia did mention that also in your link

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer
6 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I forgot to mention I also deleted ATV and reinstalled it.  nVidia did mention that also in your link

 

I could do that too. I’ll keep you posted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech

So update from me - as I finally got the hotfix.  No joy .. :(

Forced Stop Emby, Cleared Cache, Uninstalled Emby,  Rebooted, Reinstalled Emby, Run emby, gave Permissions, Restarted Emby.Restart Shield.

Maybe it's something in Emby - as VLC and X-Plore play via SMB no problem ?

edit - Next thing to try is a factory reset of the Shield.. I don't use it for much else, so I may try that ...

Edited by rbjtech
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer

I did factory reset over a month ago with the SE9 release version and reinstalled everything as new. File play still doesn’t work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte

Darn, then I'm not sure why File access works for me and no one else.  

Emby_20220114_114727.png.6ceeaa9d8ed7719fc665965374581887.png

Maybe timing out quicker than mine?  I did send ebr a couple logs though and hoping he can see something about why it' taking so long now.  One log was during the spinning circle, the other was right after playback started (about one minute after clicking Play)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

Darn, then I'm not sure why File access works for me and no one else.  

Emby_20220114_114727.png.6ceeaa9d8ed7719fc665965374581887.png

Maybe timing out quicker than mine?  I did send ebr a couple logs though and hoping he can see something about why it' taking so long now.  One log was during the spinning circle, the other was right after playback started (about one minute after clicking Play)

Perhaps you are that special….🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte

Ya.  That's what I keep telling the wife and she doesn't believe me.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte

I think we've covered this before, but are your Synology smb settings similar to mine?

smb.jpg.0c0611d6a55dfc0ae6ba7855c78f8cbe.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer
17 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I think we've covered this before, but are your Synology smb settings similar to mine?

smb.jpg.0c0611d6a55dfc0ae6ba7855c78f8cbe.jpg

Mine are identical. Good to check these things though.

39 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Ya.  That's what I keep telling the wife and she doesn't believe me.  

Heh, I know this one….

 

BTW, deleted cache, data, and deleted .63 android TV app. Reinstalled but still no joy.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer
8 hours ago, CBers said:

I upgraded the 2nd of my 3 Shields last night, this time the main one in my lounge, and although it all went OK and works in the same was as before, there is an audio glitch.

When I play something, then press back to stop playback, the video stops, but the audio plays for a split second behind a blank screen, before returning to the previous page.

Didn't have this before.

Has anyone else experienced this since upgrading?
 

This went away after I deleted cache, data, app and reinstalled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech

I give up .. factory reset, all the other apps connect via SMB - .63 emby beta does not.  You cannot give Emby the permissions unless you are actually in Emby, then use the remote to open the Android config, then open Emby is last used apps, then goto Permissions, then add.

All I can say is all the other apps (VLC/X-Plore) 'just work' when you give them the permissions, Emby does not.

Maybe we can ask Eric to take another look ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte

Have you guys also sent logs?  Maybe he can compare yours with mine

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Have you guys also sent logs?  Maybe he can compare yours with mine

Good call - I'll do that now. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rbjtech
47 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Good call - I'll do that now. 👍

@ebr

Hi - Log sent @ 18:47 GMT - user 'Rich'

Hotfix applied.

Trying to play 'Dune' - a 4K DV Remux (67Mbit/sec), TrueHD Atmos - via 'File' - but getting HTTP instead.

VLC/X-Plore etc don't have any issues playing the same media via SMB2.

It plays perfectly well via HTTP ☺️ but used to work with File prior to the Android 11 Update.  Permissions set on the Shield for Emby as per this thread.

Thanks !

Edited by rbjtech
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer

@ebr
Log set 12:34 pdt. User s-diskstation. Tried to play remux the hobbit. Pass direct path doesn’t work.

Hotfix applied as well. Same conditions as @rbjtech.

 

Edited by Audiomixer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CBers
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Have you guys also sent logs?  Maybe he can compare yours with mine

Yes, just submitted them to Eric. 

@ebr Submitted in-app logs (user=Master), which should contain 3 playback attempts using File Access, but dropped to HTTP.

Thoughts? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mpg732

Just installed Hot Fix 9.0.0 and still no go for me.  Frostbyte, I wonder if yours is working because you are running the server on your NAS?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte

@Audiomixer are you running server on your Shield, or your NAS now?  I think you've gone back and forth some.

If that's the reason then that's new because it was working for others before.

 

@cayarsis running server on his NAS and has a Shield, maybe he can try

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Audiomixer

@FrostByte I am running server on the nas. It is my main server. I happen to have one on my shield just for testing and helping to trouble shoot for testing but it is disabled when using the nas server.

Edited by Audiomixer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

@Audiomixer are you running server on your Shield, or your NAS now?  I think you've gone back and forth some.

If that's the reason then that's new because it was working for others before.

 

@cayarsis running server on his NAS and has a Shield, maybe he can try

My Shield is an older 2015 non pro model so it's only good for limited server testing after I remove a few things to make room. :)
Synology is soon going to be a testing/backup server as well as I'll be running Emby on a different server & OS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte
21 minutes ago, cayars said:

My Shield is an older 2015 non pro model so it's only good for limited server testing after I remove a few things to make room. :)
Synology is soon going to be a testing/backup server as well as I'll be running Emby on a different server & OS.

Ok, if you want to test if you can get File access to work with ATV and SE9 that would be great, but not a big deal if you can't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...