New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

I've updated the first post with a zip file containing the plugin recompiled for emby server 4.8. Thanks guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chowbok

Thanks so much! Not working for me, though. It has a menu entry, but when I go to it it's just blank. Do I need to be running .42 for it to work? I'm still on .41.

(edit: The AUR package for .42 came through right after I typed this. Still not working.)

Edited by chowbok

19 minutes ago, chowbok said:

Thanks so much! Not working for me, though. It has a menu entry, but when I go to it it's just blank. Do I need to be running .42 for it to work? I'm still on .41.

(edit: The AUR package for .42 came through right after I typed this. Still not working.)

I'm simply compiling it against the newer server to keep it compatible. The developer of the plugin will need to help with questions specific to the actual plugin functionality. If you can provide a server log and we can spot some obvious errors that can be resolved, then I can help with those. Thanks.

chowbok

Here's what I get in the log when I try to load it:

2023-08-18 00:51:47.696 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.42
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.4.10-arch1-1 (linux@archlinux) (gcc (GCC) 13.2.1 20230801, GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.41.0) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri, 11 Aug 2023 11:03
	Framework: .NET 6.0.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.21/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /usr/lib/emby-server
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException' was thrown.
	   at Emby.Web.Api.WebAppService.Get(GetDashboardConfigurationPage request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req, Type serviceType)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Web
	TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[System.Object] Get(Emby.Web.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage)

1 hour ago, chowbok said:

Here's what I get in the log when I try to load it:

2023-08-18 00:51:47.696 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.42
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.4.10-arch1-1 (linux@archlinux) (gcc (GCC) 13.2.1 20230801, GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.41.0) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri, 11 Aug 2023 11:03
	Framework: .NET 6.0.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.21/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /usr/lib/emby-server
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException' was thrown.
	   at Emby.Web.Api.WebAppService.Get(GetDashboardConfigurationPage request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req, Type serviceType)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Web
	TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[System.Object] Get(Emby.Web.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage)

OK I've updated the build in the first post. Thanks.

• Agree 1

chowbok

Thanks! Works now, more or less. There are some problems but those are for the developer to sort out, I guess.

ShaneP! ShaneP, come back!

chander421

Thanks for your update. It works but some essential features are missing, like the matchmode (all/any) and the rulegroup

PuffyToesToo

Can anyone tell me if there are parameters I can choose that limit the number of times an artists appears in a music playlist? Thank you.

PuffyToesToo

I've been trying to create some music playlists based on decade. I prefer to organize my music files by genre or decade for pop. When trying to create the lists based on the directory, I have an issue where if I select added items as random, it does not allow me to limit the number of items even when using the toggle buttons. Am I missing something?

Screenshot 2023-08-23 091116.png

Thorman

Is there a way currently to set the default item when creating a new playlist? For example when you create a new smart playlist by default it starts with album contains X. Can I set it to say titles start with as the default for all new playlists? I use this plugin to create playlists based off of a keyword and add new playlists all the time. It gets a bit tedious to make 40 new playlists by going to create playlist, scroll down to Path/Filename, make it ends with, and type the keyword. By having it on Path/Filename and ends with would make it so much faster. If this isn't a feature can you please add it as one?

Junglejim
1 hour ago, Thorman said:

Is there a way currently to set the default item when creating a new playlist? For example when you create a new smart playlist by default it starts with album contains X. Can I set it to say titles start with as the default for all new playlists? I use this plugin to create playlists based off of a keyword and add new playlists all the time. It gets a bit tedious to make 40 new playlists by going to create playlist, scroll down to Path/Filename, make it ends with, and type the keyword. By having it on Path/Filename and ends with would make it so much faster. If this isn't a feature can you please add it as one?

No it's all manual selection drop down lists at the moment.

@Lukedid some compatibility work on it for the beta server but I don't think he has the time to add new features.

@ShanePis MIA but hopefully he will come back when 4.8 goes live?

11 hours ago, Junglejim said:

No it's all manual selection drop down lists at the moment.@Lukedid some compatibility work on it for the beta server but I don't think he has the time to add new features.

Correct. That's for the original developer or anyone else who would like to contribute.

test6969

Hi Luke,

so theoretically the SmartPlaylist works for me too, but 
1. the old PLaylists are not displayed (is not so tragic, I can create them also new)
2. the controls are only partially displayed. The dropdowns are missing

I tested this with server version 4.8.0.40 - 4.8.0.43 beta

What could be the reason for this??

I have deleted the dll again and also the SmartPlaylist folder under Data

image.thumb.png.ea4096c60a596e81cf63b0c40f29c60b.png

and when I click on the help (?) button the following message is displayed

image.png.5128873dbc0e87fdeebf0eccedab8690.png

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to create a playlist that filters movies by audio track language? I have some movies with multiple languages and since we speak 2 languages in the house, I'd like to create a "movies with italian audio" and a "movies with english audio" playlists, so that I don't have to into each movie and check the languages. I looked into the filter options of this plugin and I can't find anything like that, but maybe there is a secret recipe to do it.

• Agree 1

I'm also looking for a way to make a playlist based on audio track language, I have a friend that only likes anime to be dubbed and on plex I was able to make a playlist for him but Im trying to figure out how to make this work for the smart playlist here 

Hey Everyone, so I  am back and able to focus on this for a bit. I have just created a small new release to get back into the "swing" of things. Seems I've missed a bit. Going forward could I ask that you log any issues/feature requests on the Github Repo, as this is easier for me to track what needs to be done, and I can get going....

Version 2.4.0.2

Feature

• Added Resolution Height Criteria
  • Added Resolution Width Criteria
  • Added Favorite (Tree Crawl) Criteria
  • Allow sorting on Limited items for Shuffle playlist. (Shuffle will destroy and create new playlist, where as normal will just append/remove items that mismatch in filter rules.)

SmartPlaylist-2.4.0.2.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 9/14/2023 at 9:55 AM, dreadino said:

Is there a way to create a playlist that filters movies by audio track language? I have some movies with multiple languages and since we speak 2 languages in the house, I'd like to create a "movies with italian audio" and a "movies with english audio" playlists, so that I don't have to into each movie and check the languages. I looked into the filter options of this plugin and I can't find anything like that, but maybe there is a secret recipe to do it.

Hey @dreadino, have added "Audio Stream Language" as a criteria to the  next release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2023 at 5:02 PM, test6969 said:

Hi Luke,

so theoretically the SmartPlaylist works for me too, but 
1. the old PLaylists are not displayed (is not so tragic, I can create them also new)
2. the controls are only partially displayed. The dropdowns are missing

I tested this with server version 4.8.0.40 - 4.8.0.43 beta

What could be the reason for this??

I have deleted the dll again and also the SmartPlaylist folder under Data

image.thumb.png.ea4096c60a596e81cf63b0c40f29c60b.png

and when I click on the help (?) button the following message is displayed

image.png.5128873dbc0e87fdeebf0eccedab8690.png

Hey @test6969I will be looking into compatibility with 4.8 for then next release. (2.5.0.0) of the smart playlist.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 6:46 AM, Thorman said:

Hey @ThormanI have added a new option to 'Duplicate' a playlist, so you can basically copy all the values from one to a new playlist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2023 at 2:11 PM, PuffyToesToo said:

I've been trying to create some music playlists based on decade. I prefer to organize my music files by genre or decade for pop. When trying to create the lists based on the directory, I have an issue where if I select added items as random, it does not allow me to limit the number of items even when using the toggle buttons. Am I missing something?

Screenshot 2023-08-23 091116.png

Hey @PuffyToesToo. for more complicated sort options, you can create a "Sort Job" for a playlist. as sorting is process heavy, this is done as a background scheduled task. (The AZ icon on a playlist). Also the latest version allows you to select sorting on Limited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Junglejim

@ShanePThanks for investing some of you time to continue developing this great plugin! I know some of the peeps on the beta releases of Emby will be chuffed your back and working on a release for 4.8... 😁😎👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rhodges said:

Can you include imdbid as a criteria for selection? And maybe a note field? (So I can describe what that imdbid is)

Hey @rhodgesCould you give me more context here, as I can see you being able to achieve this with episode/movie name or other criteria. I do like the idea of notes. (Or description) on a playlist...