New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

Junglejim
On 05/02/2024 at 01:19, rigo8582 said:

Is this plugin available on the catalog? Or a way to have it auto update when an update is available?

No, it's a manual at the mo. I think it has good reason to be in the catalog! :)

That's up to @ShanePto decide. I don't mind installing it manually, hopefully it can work with 4.8.. 🥺

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

soderlund91
On 2/2/2024 at 12:53 PM, ShaneP said:

Hey All, I see the new version is release so I can finally work on the fix... (I battled to get my hands on the changed libraries before hand). I will set some time aside this weekend to resolve. Once the new version is compatible, I will look at feature/bug requests. Priority is getting this on the new version. (I wanna upgrade toooooo).

Awesome Sauce.

Hey @ShaneP
Just wanna check in and see how its going? I'm eager for this plugin in the new version. I dont really have any coding skillz, but let me know if you want any help testing :)  

ShaneP
3 hours ago, soderlund91 said:

Hey @ShaneP
Just wanna check in and see how its going? I'm eager for this plugin in the new version. I dont really have any coding skillz, but let me know if you want any help testing :)  

Thanks for the offer @soderlund91, I should have a version out in a day or two...  Just trying to find the time :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 10

Darren & Gemma

Hi @ShaneP.

I've been recommended this app to help me build different playlists etc. Looks really promising.

To save me reading 25 pages of this thread (😉), do I take it by the last 2 posts that the app doesn't work with the latest version of the Emby Server? 

I'm running v4.7.14.0

Thanks!

Darren & Gemma

Just read last couple of pages and see it just doesn't work on 4.8 yet, so I'll stick where I am! Can't wait to try this plugin! 😍 

• Like 1

Ninko

@ShanePWill you be adding this plugin to the Emby catalogue? It would make it easier to install on Synology where access to the Emby files isn't as easy as some OS's.

Thanks

• Agree 1

Phunkless

1. copy the dll-file to your syno: e. g.  "/volume1/Data/SmartPlaylist.dll"  and shutdown your emby server

2. ssh to your syno: e. g.

ssh 192.168.10.100

in windows cmd

sudo -i

(password = administrator pw)

cp /volume1/Data/SmartPlaylist.dll /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/plugins

this should copy the dll from your Data folder to the emby plugin folder

5. restart emby and it will show up

4.9 beta here - also didn't work as in 4.8

Phunkless

If you don't know on which volume your folder is or on which volume your emby is installed, refer to my images

emby_vol2.png

emby_vol.jpg

ShaneP

Update: Hey all, just thought I would put out a little update, there was quite a major change to the way v4.8 Emby frontend handles loading scripts and the like, so after much frustration (and help from @Luke) I can proudly say that I have the backend and frontend working with Emby 4.8. I have noticed one or two small issues I still need to address and would like to do some more testing to make sure all is well, don’t wanna break everyone’s stuff. I’ll drop a new version in the coming days if all goes well. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

Darren & Gemma
1 minute ago, ShaneP said:

Update: Hey all, just thought I would put out a little update, there was quite a major change to the way v4.8 Emby frontend handles loading scripts and the like, so after much frustration (and help from @Luke) I can proudly say that I have the backend and frontend working with Emby 4.8. I have noticed one or two small issues I still need to address and would like to do some more testing to make sure all is well, don’t wanna break everyone’s stuff. I’ll drop a new version in the coming days if all goes well. 

Awesome thanks ShaneP! I've literally just installed it on 4.7.14 and having a look around. Is there a guide on how to set it up? ie. I can see how to  make an audio playlist and lets say 1980's. How do i set it to pick all songs from 1980-1989? A guide somewhere would be helpful. Coundn't see anything on your github wiki either?

ShaneP
15 minutes ago, Darren & Gemma said:

Awesome thanks ShaneP! I've literally just installed it on 4.7.14 and having a look around. Is there a guide on how to set it up? ie. I can see how to  make an audio playlist and lets say 1980's. How do i set it to pick all songs from 1980-1989? A guide somewhere would be helpful. Coundn't see anything on your github wiki either?

Hey @Darren & Gemma, There’s no official guide per say, but this might be good for someone to volunteer, I am absolutely terrible at documentation. The change logs have all the new functionality that I have added hopefully documented well….But you could do something like this (Modes are covered in this topic and changelog) apologies for the formatting of the screenshot, on my iPad :)

image.thumb.png.20c4b9d41629ae6e98ab13930e14911d.png

Edited by ShaneP

Darren & Gemma
9 minutes ago, ShaneP said:

Hey @Darren & Gemma, There’s no official guide per say, but this might be good for someone to volunteer, I am absolutely terrible at documentation. The change logs have all the new functionality that I have added hopefully documented well….But you could do something like this (Modes are covered in this topic and changelog) apologies for the formatting of the screenshot, on my iPad :)

image.thumb.png.20c4b9d41629ae6e98ab13930e14911d.png

Cool, just worked it out before you posted. 

This is the best Emby plugin by far. I have 10,000's of songs in my various librarys, and can make perfect playlists in minutes! 🙌

Thank you for the great work!

@Lukethis needs to be part of the Emby catalogue! Makes Plex Stations look amateur! 😉

Edited by Darren & Gemma
  • Agree 1

ShaneP
9 hours ago, Bazzu85 said:

Hi @ShanePthx for updating the plugin for 4.8 compatibility.

In the meanwhile can you check the date problem I found months ago?

Here's:

And

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/99885-new-plugin-smart-playlists-20/&do=findComment&comment=1194362

Ty very much

Hey @Bazzu85, I have not looked into this yet, is it logged on the GitHub Issue list? (I made a post awhile back) that this would make it easier for me to track bugs/feature requests, kinda time consuming scrolling the thread now :D

https://github.com/ShanePe/Emby.SmartPlaylist.Plugin/issues

shinedou
1 hour ago, thisismytrial said:

I updated my server without knowing this was broken.😭

same here. 

Badwolf
On 2/14/2024 at 5:31 PM, ShaneP said:

Awesome thank you so much. This is my most used feature in Emby!!!

Bazzu85
On 15/02/2024 at 10:10, ShaneP said:

Hey @Bazzu85, I have not looked into this yet, is it logged on the GitHub Issue list? (I made a post awhile back) that this would make it easier for me to track bugs/feature requests, kinda time consuming scrolling the thread now :D

https://github.com/ShanePe/Emby.SmartPlaylist.Plugin/issues

Added as an issue right now. Thx

unfortunatelly I cannot reproduce at the moment because the plugin is broken!

any ETA for a first compatibility version?

thx a lot

thisismytrial
On 2/23/2024 at 1:31 PM, ShaneP said:

Sorry everyone had some delays, will be on it this weekend. Nearly there

Any update? Thanks for your hard work on this btw! Love the plugin!

feerlessleadr

@ShanePJust checking in to see how things are going. Lots of us are eagerly awaiting an update 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

ShaneP

Okay, so gonna put out a very rough release tomorrow for testing. There are some annoying things I can’t seem to get around but have a basic version working :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

LongMan

Are the changes from version 4.7 to 4.8 so significant? Sounds like it should have been a 5.0.