New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

ginjaninja

Has anyone found / can anyone think of..a good way to stop Emby trying to identify a "smart playlist plugin" collection on TMDB?

2022-12-21 10:41:51.333 Debug App: Running MovieDbBoxSetProvider for Wanted
2022-12-21 10:41:51.333 Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: Wanted
2022-12-21 10:41:51.333 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/collection?api_key=‌f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669‌&query=Wanted&language=en

edit - I have removed the incorrect identification, overview and sort title...hopefully the noise wont come back on refreshes.

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

image.png.e20e8d1147312b42acfe5b9281bfe0c1.png

I have a smart collection whose members are tagged "wanted". i use a script to manage the "wanted" tag and hopefully update the smart collection. I am finding that the scheduled task does not refresh the collection. Is it possible for a script to use an api endpoint to refresh a smart collection?

image.thumb.png.2e55b707d1035876b7c6b59faf7dc689.png

edit: setting the update type to "live" might make the scheduled task have an effect..but is that a bit of a sledgehammer? will the collection be refreshing constantly outside of my script calling for an update.

Edited by ginjaninja

Eigeplackter

I admit I‘m a bit lazy when it comes to trawling threads. 😊
So apologies if that was already answered.

I made à smart playlist with actor Kiefer Sutherland“, something that doesn‘t work due to Kodi limiting a movie to max 1 collection.

Overall plugin works fine, but guess what….yup I own whole 24-collection, and the output just isn‘t User-friendly with like 200 episodes+movies.

Is it possible that the smartlist shows just the tvshow instead of every single episode ?

ginjaninja
21 hours ago, Eigeplackter said:

I admit I‘m a bit lazy when it comes to trawling threads. 😊
So apologies if that was already answered.

I made à smart playlist with actor Kiefer Sutherland“, something that doesn‘t work due to Kodi limiting a movie to max 1 collection.

Overall plugin works fine, but guess what….yup I own whole 24-collection, and the output just isn‘t User-friendly with like 200 episodes+movies.

Is it possible that the smartlist shows just the tvshow instead of every single episode ?

this might be relevant, not saying cos i know, just guessing that its worth trying.

image.png.7b5bc1fdf3581898ee4aaadaf02484af.png

also shameless plug

• Thanks 1

ginjaninja

another shameless plug..smart playlist plugin users may find value in

@ShanePmight be a useful function to consider including in your plugin?

Eigeplackter
5 hours ago, ginjaninja said:

this might be relevant, not saying cos i know, just guessing that its worth trying.

image.png.7b5bc1fdf3581898ee4aaadaf02484af.png

also shameless plug

Thank you, ...but that doesnt work, if iy choose collection it creates new collections with those entries, those are not syncing with

KODI, as 1 movie can only be part of 1 collection.

And Im facing another one.

I made a Smart Playlist MCU Phase 1, i screwed up some filters and some movies were missing. Happens, no big deal, but

after editing and refreshing SPL it does not change the content anymore:

image.thumb.png.a11295ced5a297460133672b5a8fa959.png

As you can see it should contain 5 itens, it does contain 4 (and 1 doubled by TopPick plugin as it seems):

image.thumb.png.207193a47fdf774e06acd2a32939e787.png

What am I missing ?

Edited by Eigeplackter

Junglejim
11 hours ago, Eigeplackter said:

Thank you, ...but that doesnt work, if iy choose collection it creates new collections with those entries, those are not syncing with

KODI, as 1 movie can only be part of 1 collection.

And Im facing another one.

I made a Smart Playlist MCU Phase 1, i screwed up some filters and some movies were missing. Happens, no big deal, but

after editing and refreshing SPL it does not change the content anymore:

image.thumb.png.a11295ced5a297460133672b5a8fa959.png

As you can see it should contain 5 itens, it does contain 4 (and 1 doubled by TopPick plugin as it seems):

image.thumb.png.207193a47fdf774e06acd2a32939e787.png

What am I missing ?

Couldn't you just use 'Movie Name' 'is' for all five movies? You could even + 'Year' to it to get more specific.

Top Picks stuff get auto tagged with 'top-pick' so you could filter that out.

Sorry didn't have time to test it out, just throwing some ideas out there. :)

Personally I use Emby's add to playlist feature for MCU timeline stuff. I just add them one at a time, it takes longer to create the list but there in the order I added them.

Screenshot_2022-12-23_17-24-50.thumb.png.ad4dc5f206bff920d90bc393327c7bbe.png

This is my MCU list (currently 29 movies). If a new movie is released I just add it to the list add drag it to the right spot if needed.

Edited by Junglejim
  • Thanks 1

Eigeplackter

No, you are right and I'm absolutely grateful for every snippet of information I get.

I wanted to add the Marvel Televisiom series too, but as the workaround with Collections is a no go (KODI related),

I removed em from list and added to "top-pick" tag as a no. 

So far I have some bugs, that might need fixing and I hope the dev @ShanePwill have a look.

I'm running beta 4.8.0.21  emyb server on a Synology (native, no docker)

I started over with the playlists (removed all entries incl. netadata manager) and created 2 of em.

image.png.ce1a1492a7382ebe9111332e7540a3f7.png

I had an error in Phase 1, so I got only 5 entries:

image.thumb.png.8948e598321817738f151a84b88f8b6b.png

I corrected that error (The Avengers):

image.thumb.png.348504d427a7cbaa8953556ee4e4ed26.png

But it seems as everytime I run "Refresh all Smart Playlists and Collections" it adds a new playlist containing the same name, instead refreshing em.

image.png.695f412e8c1eb14df68a230cb0170656.png

image.png.f516c4d2e574e2a5754271d1196570ca.png

1st entry
Pfad:
/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data/playlists/MCU Phase 1 [playlist]/MCU Phase 1.m3u
2nd entry
Pfad:
/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data/playlists/MCU Phase 1 [playlist]/MCU Phase 1.m3u

So I'm still stuck with a list, doubled, with 5 entries.

As for Phase 2, no matter if I scan library or refresh smart playlist:

image.png.d2983666d8e9b114db603fad8c412d4b.png

So 4 questions:

Why does it double the smart playlist -----> figuried that out for myself, after the edit of the SPL it uses the name for an additional playlist, because the content differs, should not behave like that i guess
Why doesn't it refresh the smart playlists if I start task manually
Why doesn't it add the 2nd playlist
Can you change the behavour in smart playlists, so the series or season is shown in a smart playlist and not every episode

Thanks in advance for having a look-
Edited by Eigeplackter

matmielke

Does anyone know a solution to filter for entries in the comment-field of tags? I want to create playlists by just adding the playlist title to the comment and then filter for these comments.

I was not able to find a filter for "comment" yet.

Thanks,
Matthias

Hi,

would it be possible to add a filter for audio language?

So it would be possible to include/exclude all Series which do not have your native language as audio included.

Chris

Eigeplackter

Looks like emby server is busy and not able to refresh completely.

Any other scheduled tasks running ? Also it will depend on the criteria you defined for the SPL, the more entries, the longer it might take to create initially.

deiniol39

Somebody might have a ready asked this. But is there a way in to great a collection with resolution. Trying to add all my 4k stuff into 1 collection.. I can't see resolution in the dropdown.

Edited by deiniol39

Eigeplackter

It‘s manual labor at the beginning.

you need Vic‘s Tool to filter for 4k, than bulk tag all results i.e. „4k/UHD“ and afterwards create a SP „tag is 4k/UHD“

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Eigeplackter
4 hours ago, deiniol39 said:

Somebody might have a ready asked this. But is there a way in to great a collection with resolution. Trying to add all my 4k stuff into 1 collection.. I can't see resolution in the dropdown.

No need to be sad. It‘s quite easy to use.

We are talking about like 5 mins max work, after installation of the plugin and emby restart.

ginjaninja

Is there an easy way to duplicate a smart playlist definition? could there be?. Ive tried to edit an export for reimport but i dont think thats straightforward.

My example is when you have recently watched lists for users and you want to create them for all your  users.

Edited by ginjaninja

deiniol39
51 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

No need to be sad. It‘s quite easy to use.

We are talking about like 5 mins max work, after installation of the plugin and emby restart.

I'm in work, so can't do it now that's why I'm sad.. Would be nice on the dropdown though.. Love this plugin and it's got me away from Plex, just I had a smart filter for my 4k stuff on that..

ginjaninja
1 hour ago, CrunchValhalla said:

Does it work with the latest Emby? Cant seem to get it to work

working on 4.8.0.21 here

sross44

This is completely operatior error on my end, but I can't find the plugin in the plugin catalog.... what am I missing here? 

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, sross44 said:

This is completely operatior error on my end, but I can't find the plugin in the plugin catalog.... what am I missing here? 

It ain't in the Catalogue, DL from the first post in this topic. 

• Like 1

ginjaninja

Im seeing this error on 4.8.0.21 and 4.7.11 from time to time in log. plugin ver 2.4.0.1

2023-01-19 16:57:10.369 Error App: [SmartPlaylist][Error]: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'first')
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.21
	Command line: C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
	Framework: .NET 6.0.10
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/XXX/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'first')
	   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Union[TSource](IEnumerable`1 first, IEnumerable`1 second, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Handlers.CommandHandlers.SmartPlaylistUpdater.Update(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist, BaseItem[] items)
	Source: System.Linq
	TargetSite: Void ThrowArgumentNullException(System.Linq.ExceptionArgument)

all my playlists still show up....have gone into each smart playlist and save again...no joy...

this is just FYI..my playlists still seem to be getting generated fine.

havent worked out what the pattern is in terms of the timing. (i have some manual and some live playlists)

• Agree 1