New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

ginjaninja

was doing some maintenance work on my server (alot of scanning and metadata refresh involved) and smart playlists was regularly firing slowing down the server (i think unnecessarily). (possibly due to live playlists?). Had to uninstall the plugin to stop it.

Perhaps an option to temporarily disable the plugin without uninstalling might help...or a check to supress activity during a scan/refresh metadata event, until those event have been dormant for a while?

Edited by ginjaninja

Eigeplackter

Had the same issue:

In the end I decided to remove the plugin. I really like it, but without proper control over used ressources, I couldn't let it slide.

• Like 1

Bazzu85
On 25/10/2022 at 16:23, Bazzu85 said:

Hi @ShaneP

I found a problem using the Release date field:

1. Using with a movie name like this

image.thumb.png.5366184d07d18461688bf8785f4c26fa.png

works. But every time I save the date is decreased by one day. Here's after the save

image.thumb.png.b344125f3ec2729c27300bf77d30f999.png

is this a know issue?

image.png

@ShaneP are you been able to check it? do you still mantain the project? ty

• Like 1

swallman
On 1/7/2023 at 4:25 PM, CrunchValhalla said:

Any idea why I only see this when clicking Smart Playlists? image.thumb.png.9bec3c4f8e4ccb70f701f99b0175ca81.png

I'm having this exact same issue - just installed it and going to configure and it just hangs here?

Also once this screen is displayed, the rest of the UI gets really out of whack.

PeterBoivin

Do you know if this works on Mac OS Silicon?  I put the dll in the plugins directory "/Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins", restarted Emby, but I don't see it in settings.

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 10.28.25 AM.png

Edited by PeterBoivin

If I'm not mistaken, I could have created a playlist containing TV Shows with a specific genre using this plugin. I just tried but to no avail, I can however make a playlist of Movies with a specific genre. Can someone point me to the best filter option to achieve this? Plz see snip below as an example...

Screenshot 2023-01-24 141752.jpg

Edited by tattmg

GrimReaper
25 minutes ago, tattmg said:

playlist of only TV Shows

You cannot make a playlist of only TV shows - you can either make a Playlist of only episodes or a Collection containing only TV shows - which one you prefer? 

Edit: Btw, in your screenshot you need Genre (Tree crawl) and preferably "contains" instead of "is".

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

8 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

You cannot make a playlist of only TV shows - you can either make a Playlist of only episodes or a Collection containing only TV shows - which one you prefer? 

Edit: Btw, in your screenshot you need Genre (Tree crawl) and preferably "contains" instead of "is".

@GrimReaper That did it, thanks so much.

• Like 1

Follow up question, can I create a playlist/collection comprising the previously created collections? When I choose Type: Playlist, I get a blank screen after selecting Source Type: Smart Playlist (Execute).

GrimReaper
17 minutes ago, tattmg said:

Follow up question, can I create a playlist/collection comprising the previously created collections? When I choose Type: Playlist, I get a blank screen after selecting Source Type: Smart Playlist (Execute).

Not sure I'm following, can you elaborate a bit what are you trying to achieve? Create a playlist that is subset of another previously created playlist? It would be based on what criteria?

I have created four collections: Kids Action, Kids Animation, Kids Adventure and Kids Anime. I would like to create a single collection (Kids Collections) which contains those four collections as there are twenty other collections in the collections folder. In this way I can easily share as needed but if there is a more efficient way to handle this, do let me know.

Edited by tattmg

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, tattmg said:

I have created four collections: Kids Action, Kids Animation, Kids Adventure and Kids Anime. I would like to create a single collection (Kids Collections) which contains those four collections

You can't have collections within collection, that is not supported by Emby core. You can either have those 4 collections separately or create a new single collection using same (multiple) arguments and subarguments used in those 4.

25 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

You can't have collections within collection, that is not supported by Emby core. You can either have those 4 collections separately or create a new single collection using same (multiple) arguments and subarguments used in those 4.

Thanks for the info, guess I’ll have to go the single collection using sub arguments route.

• 3 weeks later...
BuzStringer

Hi When i have this collection the "Sort by" doesn't seem do do anything, i have the EpiMode set to series and I would like them to be sorted by name asc. But the sort order seams totally random

image.thumb.png.1090a79b99bff99f76e83cf7a7891997.png

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, BuzStringer said:

But the sort order seams totally random

That are likely sorted by Release Date, as within collection there are only 2 sort modes: chronological or by SortName (that is Emby core limitation, not SmartPlaylists). Edit Metadata on collection itself (three-dot menu) and change Display order to Sort Title, see whether that gives desired results. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 18/12/2022 at 15:55, ShaneP said:

Hey @smernt, thanks for the investigation, I have a few days to pick up this project again and added it to the list, will fix this up for you. Not sure of this has always been a bug or that fields have changed after releases. But a minor fix. I have fixed a few other things and will put out a release over the next few days. :)

@ShaneP hey man, just wondering if you've managed to take a look at this yet?

Syztemlord

Hi guys, I'm running 4.7.11.0 and I've just installed the plugin but it's not showing up.  Is it working with this version of Emby?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Syztemlord said:

Hi guys, I'm running 4.7.11.0 and I've just installed the plugin but it's not showing up.  Is it working with this version of Emby?

It does. How did you install it? Where did you put .dll?

Edited by GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Not knowing your server platform, as it appears some Linux flavor, there should be plugins folder under server programdata folder, not system. 

• 3 weeks later...
IronicRhetoric

Hey all. I have Emby installed on an Unraid Server and I don't see a way to install this plugin from the WebUI. Is there any way to install this plugin on Unraid?

jaycedk

You need to login to your Unraid server.

Go to shares.

then appdata -> Embyserver -> plugins and upload the plugin.

Restart embyserver and plugin should load.

IronicRhetoric

Clicking on "AppData" simply brings me to the "Share Settings" page. I don't see anything here to upload a plugin.image.thumb.jpeg.07b5fd92455639d54de5392ed3cabd7c.jpeg