New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

On 11/10/2023 at 3:48 PM, horstepipe said:

I am also interested to the answer. I tried similar and it didn’t work either.

i wanted to create a playlist of the last 10 movies the user has watched, but it didn’t work.

best regards

I would like to do that too. Works so far too. Problem: If someone pauses a movie and starts it again, the movie appears twice in the list

Screenshot2023-11-23112255.png.c72d9cba2463595706dd5768558db8e8.png

user24

To ShaneP and all the various helpers/testers - thanks for creating the best Emby plug-in that I have used. Once there is a stable version it would be great for it to be a core part of Emby, or at a minimum, in the official plug-in catalogue!

My main interest is music. I have been experimenting with creating smart playlists and found it very easy to make Decade and Genre Decade "radio stations" when the relevant info is embedded into the track(song) metadata. To better sort and categorise many 1000s of music albums, I have been adding Emby tags at the Album Artist and Album levels that sit above the individual tracks. Therefore I am interested in creating smart playlists based on these high-level tags.

• Album Artist (Emby Tag 1) (Emby Tag 2)
    • Album (Emby Tag 3)
      • Track (smart playlist compiled from here, embedded music metadata tags here - Album, Album Artist, Artist, Genre, Year, etc.)

Has anyone use the Tag (Tree Crawl) option for music and does it work?

Will it search the parent items for the tag and then assign the underlying tracks to the music playlist?

The below post for Studio (Tree Crawl) is the best example I could find of how I think it should work???

On 2/16/2022 at 5:08 AM, ShaneP said:

What happens is when Emby tags the metadata for Series, it does it on the "Series" level and not the actually "Episode" level. SmartPlayList only looks at Episode level. So what I have done is added a new filter called "Studio (Tree Crawl)" that will look "up" the chain for the Studio. (Same with Tag).

So ... If you have the following Series:

• Extreme Mushroom Watering <- (Studio is tagged here)
    • Season 1
      • Episode 1 <- (SmartPlayList Looks here)

If you select "Studio (Tree Crawl)". It will look at "Episode 1" .. if not found, rolls up to "Season 1" if not found there it then rolls up to "Extreme Mushroom Watering". If it is found here, it marks "Episode 1" as a match and added to the playlist/collection.

I created a "Test" Smart Playlist as follows:

image.thumb.png.81f3d0854c46a6c6e6ef269c66301b35.png

When an Album Artist is tagged with "Test" no underlying tracks are added to the "Test" playlist.

When an Album is tagged with "Test"  the underlying tracks from the Album are not added.

Any individual tracks tagged with "Test" are added.

Also - when I look at the "Test" tag in Emby, it shows all the relevant Album Artists, Albums and Tracks(Songs) with the "Test" tag. So Emby sees them but the Smart Playlist doesn't. Perhaps I am not setting up the Smart Playlist properly???

Any tips or hints from anyone who has this working would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 2:41 PM, Luke said:

Correct. That's for the original developer or anyone else who would like to contribute.

I'd be willing to help if someone wants to join forces.

Just to confirm, because this thread is 24 pages long it's hard to tell exactly..... the latest version of smart playlist does NOT work with the latest Emby build, is that correct? I want to try the beta but absolutely must have the smart playlist plugin.

Thanks

ShaneP
6 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Just to confirm, because this thread is 24 pages long it's hard to tell exactly..... the latest version of smart playlist does NOT work with the latest Emby build, is that correct? I want to try the beta but absolutely must have the smart playlist plugin.

Thanks

Hey @Badwolf, I used to keep the first posted updated with this, but can no longer edit the first post so I suggest keeping an eye on the GitHub repo for latest. As far as beta goes, the latest will not work unfortunately, the smart playlist is dependent on some Emby libraries, that seems to have changed, I didn’t get to the bottom of this and also could not get my hands on the libraries to try and debug, no documentation, which kinda stop my dev on this for now. I’ll have a look to see if this has changed, if so l, I want to roll out a beta version. I do not wanna add any new features or bug fixes just yet, until new version is out. But now I’m on holidays I can look back into this….

• Like 1

and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.  May not be much, but if you have any grunt word a simpleton like myself could do I'm happy to pitch in!😁

Is there any way to add PHOTOS as a MEDIA TYPE so I could create playlists for photos? I get that’s probably not the intended use of smart playlists but I’m trying to reproduce “smart collections” that I use in Lightroom.   

JohnSena69

hello, is there a way to get "completed", "continue watching" and "next up" criteria in the watchlist?

also is there a way to sync two playlists? so when one has a show in it it'll automatically remove from the other and vice versa...

oCfc6dAoD2.png

Junglejim
17 minutes ago, JohnSena69 said:

hello, is there a way to get "completed", "continue watching" and "next up" criteria in the watchlist?

also is there a way to sync two playlists? so when one has a show in it it'll automatically remove from the other and vice versa...

oCfc6dAoD2.png

Hi mate, maybe played=false would remove "completed" items if that's what your after? I'm not sure continue watching/next up is doable in a playlist?

As for syncing two playlists that sound a bit out of scope for this plugin too, could be wrong. :)

JohnSena69

21 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Hi mate, maybe played=false would remove "completed" items if that's what your after? I'm not sure continue watching/next up is doable in a playlist?

As for syncing two playlists that sound a bit out of scope for this plugin too, could be wrong. :)

Yes...played= true is what i was looking for....thanks...but still can't find the continue watching and next up section...Actually i want to create watch history section to view inside emby (not like trakt sync or something)...It would need completed, currently watching, on hold and dropped list...the currently watching, on hold and dropped section needs to be synced...but ig it's not possible with this...

• 3 weeks later...
Blam84

<My Smart Playlist populates episodes, and then they disappear.>

I created a smart playlist that has an existing playlist as its source. I only want to keep unplayed episodes so my rules = Any where Played is False for [Current User]. Update type is Live.

When I save the smart playlist and view the log, it scans the correct playlist and says it is adding episodes to the list. Two things are wrong:

1. The log says it is adding more episodes than end up in the playlist initially.

2. If I wait until the next day or a bit of time, eventually, the episodes are removed and the playlist ends up empty, or containing random episodes from other TV shows not even in the source playlist.

Have any ideas?

sdfgdtfhrztrhgd

can anyone help me? i have the problem that since a few weeks/month my series collections not show in kodi. This worked great before. But now the dynamic playlist in kodi is empty. when i open the smart playlist direct in emby webinterface the show me the series correctly. for movie collections all is fine.

in kodi i use the "emby next gen" plugin to acces my emby server

Unbenannt - Kopie.JPG

jprobins007

With this plugin, is there a way to have it construct a playlist/queue of all the files in a particular folder or subfolder.

slicedmass

Hard to find a complete feature list, I just want to understand. With this plugin, can I create a playlist of a bunch of shows and then have it randomize every single episode from all the shows to create a randomized playlist that i can play from emby and get random shows/episodes one after the other?

Dibbes
On 12/14/2023 at 6:40 PM, ShaneP said:

Hey @Badwolf, I used to keep the first posted updated with this, but can no longer edit the first post 

The Forum admins should be able to help you with that... 

On 12/14/2023 at 6:40 PM, ShaneP said:

I’ll have a look to see if this has changed, if so l, I want to roll out a beta version. I do not wanna add any new features or bug fixes just yet, until new version is out. But now I’m on holidays I can look back into this….

I'm really missing this plugin in the beta server... more to the point, my wife misses it... 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

tmurd87
On 1/26/2024 at 1:19 PM, Dibbes said:

The Forum admins should be able to help you with that... 

I'm really missing this plugin in the beta server... more to the point, my wife misses it... 

Agree

feerlessleadr

Now that 4.8 has been released to stable, are there plans to update the plugin to be compatible? 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Badwolf
6 hours ago, feerlessleadr said:

Now that 4.8 has been released to stable, are there plans to update the plugin to be compatible? 

I,m not upgrading until my favorite plugin is available for it. Love me some smart playlists!,!

Junglejim
35 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

I,m not upgrading until my favorite plugin is available for it. Love me some smart playlists!,!

I upgraded without thinking about this.. 😬

At least I can still see/use my smart playlists, just can't create any more. 😟

• Agree 1

ShaneP

Hey All, I see the new version is release so I can finally work on the fix... (I battled to get my hands on the changed libraries before hand). I will set some time aside this weekend to resolve. Once the new version is compatible, I will look at feature/bug requests. Priority is getting this on the new version. (I wanna upgrade toooooo).

Awesome Sauce.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Dibbes
6 hours ago, ShaneP said:

Hey All, I see the new version is release so I can finally work on the fix... (I battled to get my hands on the changed libraries before hand). I will set some time aside this weekend to resolve. Once the new version is compatible, I will look at feature/bug requests. Priority is getting this on the new version. (I wanna upgrade toooooo).

Awesome Sauce.

Yes, pleeeeeeeaaaaaassseeee! 🙂

7 hours ago, ShaneP said:

Awesome Sauce.

There is a new nuget package corresponding to the stable release. I'm pretty sure that in your case you will need to update to it.

• Thanks 2

rigo8582

Is this plugin available on the catalog? Or a way to have it auto update when an update is available?

• Like 4