New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

Dibbes
16 hours ago, LongMan said:

Are the changes from version 4.7 to 4.8 so significant? Sounds like it should have been a 5.0.

Lots of database/backend changes... 

Badwolf

I'm just glad @ShaneP is still willing to support his plugin.  It's the #1 thing I use in Emby and I appreciate his efforts! I'd rather wait for the update than not have any update at all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Alydee
41 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

I'm just glad @ShaneP is still willing to support his plugin.  It's the #1 thing I use in Emby and I appreciate his efforts! I'd rather wait for the update than not have any update at all.

I 100% agree with this!! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

ShaneP
Posted (edited)

Hey All,

So after some time, it seems to be running stable in my environment, so here it is... This has been a bit of a battle with compatibility and time, but hope all is good. Please log any issue you may find on the repo. (https://github.com/ShanePe/Emby.SmartPlaylist.Plugin/issues)

So to recap, main issue is that Emby front end has changed to not support additional files and they way .js are loaded and additional new backend libs to integrate. I did see an odd toast pop up when saving a playlist but have not been able to replicate.

NOTE: I did notice on firefox that I had to manually refresh the page sometimes if it doesn't load, trying to get to the bottom of this.

This is NOT backward compatible and built/tested on version Emby 4.8.10.

SmartPlaylist-2.5.0.4810.zip

Edited by ShaneP
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 13

wordlover

So far some minor quirks but it works! You're a genius and a saint, @ShaneP. The only request/suggestion so far is to have the option for nested sort of a playlist ("Album artist... Album..."). 

Edited by wordlover

Alydee

It's working well so far. Which is perfect in my eyes. Great job! I wish I could buy you a coffee or beer!! 

feerlessleadr

Thanks for this! The only issue I'm running into is that I'm not able to get the sort job to trigger anymore. 

I have a "Live" playlist that I created for music that is all of User A's favorite songs. I then created a sort job in the plugin to sort the playlist by 'Name' daily. I then go into scheduled tasks, and manually trigger the "Sort all Smart Playlists". 

However, once I go into the playlist, the order still appears to be random for the songs. Anything I'm doing wrong? 

o0cynix0o

Good Googley IT's working again. I lost my pithy "Dude Where's my Car Movie" description but that's okay its working again. Thank you so much for this. This makes watching a weeks worth of AEW so much easier. 

feerlessleadr
4 hours ago, feerlessleadr said:

Thanks for this! The only issue I'm running into is that I'm not able to get the sort job to trigger anymore. 

I have a "Live" playlist that I created for music that is all of User A's favorite songs. I then created a sort job in the plugin to sort the playlist by 'Name' daily. I then go into scheduled tasks, and manually trigger the "Sort all Smart Playlists". 

However, once I go into the playlist, the order still appears to be random for the songs. Anything I'm doing wrong? 

Sorry - Just realized you asked to put issues on your github, so added this on there:

https://github.com/ShanePe/Emby.SmartPlaylist.Plugin/issues/13

sdfgdtfhrztrhgd

short question:

in kodi there is for series a menu-option called "started series" and show in the first menu the series how i have started in the past. when i click on a series i see the seasons and then the episodes.

Is there a way to create a small playlist that show's like this?

fahad92
On 3/12/2024 at 2:15 PM, ShaneP said:

Hey All,

So after some time, it seems to be running stable in my environment, so here it is... This has been a bit of a battle with compatibility and time, but hope all is good. Please log any issue you may find on the repo. (https://github.com/ShanePe/Emby.SmartPlaylist.Plugin/issues)

So to recap, main issue is that Emby front end has changed to not support additional files and they way .js are loaded and additional new backend libs to integrate. I did see an odd toast pop up when saving a playlist but have not been able to replicate.

NOTE: I did notice on firefox that I had to manually refresh the page sometimes if it doesn't load, trying to get to the bottom of this.

SmartPlaylist-2.5.0.4810.zip 290.34 kB · 61 downloads

Thank you so much for your amazing work on the plugin. It was really missed in the last couple of weeks. glad you manage your way through.

It's working fine for me as well except what you mentioned that we need to refresh the browser multiple times in some cases.

gillmacca01

Running latest version in latest Emby beta (could be why I am getting an error)

Create a smart playlist (although I can't see where to name it), and I am getting the following error:

Error saving playlist: Validation of SmartPlaylistDto failed for: SmartPlaylistName 

ShaneP
12 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

Running latest version in latest Emby beta (could be why I am getting an error)

Create a smart playlist (although I can't see where to name it), and I am getting the following error:

Error saving playlist: Validation of SmartPlaylistDto failed for: SmartPlaylistName 

Can you send me a screenshot before you save it?

gillmacca01
15 minutes ago, ShaneP said:

Can you send me a screenshot before you save it?

Ignore this. I was trying to do it via my phone and couldn't see the name field. Tried it on my laptop and the name field appeared and saved correctly

ginjaninja
On 12/03/2024 at 11:15, ShaneP said:

i am seeing this/something similar on chrome/windows (full disclosure on 4.9.0.10) but generally working ty.

Edited by ginjaninja

soderlund91

I might be stupid.. But how do I add tv-shows/series to a collection? 

I have tried all kinds of settings but i can only get movies to populate.. 

soderlund91
13 minutes ago, soderlund91 said:

I might be stupid.. But how do I add tv-shows/series to a collection? 

I have tried all kinds of settings but i can only get movies to populate.. 

Okay, playing around some more and i seem to get episodes in the list, but not the tv-show. 

What i'm trying to do is for example make a collection of Marvel. So i thought the only filter needed would be " studio > contain > "Marvel". 
This gives me all movies but none of the series.

ginjaninja
1 hour ago, soderlund91 said:

Okay, playing around some more and i seem to get episodes in the list, but not the tv-show. 

What i'm trying to do is for example make a collection of Marvel. So i thought the only filter needed would be " studio > contain > "Marvel". 
This gives me all movies but none of the series.

it doesnt seem like you can choose series as a media type but in any case, If i dont specify mediatype then 'series' are not matched but movies are matched...so agree series seems missing/notworking. (2.5.0.0 on 4.9.0.11)

image.thumb.png.250490a2acb279da45119578f7879735.png

edit

so emby cant add series objects to playlists it seems..just episodes...

Type=Collection has a reference to series, how a matched object is presented.

matched objects can be added as series to collections

however the plugin doesnt search series objects..only epsiode objects

Source is [Audio, Movie, Episode, MusicVideo, Video]

so a workaround for now would be to set type=collection, epimode=series and then set the studio or tag on an episode in the series and match on that...

image.thumb.png.8fbb06072c7a0d50d053b50700248f6c.png

Edited by ginjaninja

mickle026
On 12/03/2024 at 11:15, ShaneP said:

Hey All,

SmartPlaylist-2.5.0.4810.zip 290.34 kB · 97 downloads

Just for your info, I don't know if this is your issue with Firefox but it might be so I have posted a link.  Firefox keeps 3 cached versions of the dom.  Two of them don't refresh and are static.  You have to change the way the page loads.  I discussed it here with @VicMoore.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/124492-pseudo-tv-for-emby/&do=findComment&comment=1312171

ginjaninja

it seems in some circumstances 2.5.0.0 is not respecting the source setting, unless I'm misunderstanding the logging

Rather than enumerating the database (mediaitems) for members the plugin was enumerating the playlist itself.

in any case the contents are not getting updated correctly.

eg

image.thumb.png.4915d65fe72dabcb0be5b8c0f55d9bd6.png

[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Execution triggered by 'OnSave'
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Source is Nick - Watched Movies  [Live]
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Dealing with 0 media items from source.
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Query: WHERE (Media Type is Movie AND Last Played is in the last Type: Weeks, Value: 10 for Nicholas Bird)   
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Comparing: 'Poor Things', Field: 'Media Type', Expected: 'Movie', Actual: 'Movie', Operator: 'is', Type: 'listMapValue', Context 'Nicholas Bird', Matched: True
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Comparing: 'Poor Things', Field: 'Last Played', Expected: 'Type: Weeks, Value: 10', Actual: '20/03/2024 00:00:00 +00:00', Operator: 'is in the last', Type: 'date', Context 'Nicholas Bird', Matched: True
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: 'Poor Things' added to playlist/collection!!!!
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Comparing: 'Avatar', Field: 'Media Type', Expected: 'Movie', Actual: 'Movie', Operator: 'is', Type: 'listMapValue', Context 'Nicholas Bird', Matched: True
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Comparing: 'Avatar', Field: 'Last Played', Expected: 'Type: Weeks, Value: 10', Actual: '18/03/2024 00:00:00 +00:00', Operator: 'is in the last', Type: 'date', Context 'Nicholas Bird', Matched: True
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: 'Avatar' added to playlist/collection!!!!
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Comparing: 'Saltburn', Field: 'Media Type', Expected: 'Movie', Actual: 'Movie', Operator: 'is', Type: 'listMapValue', Context 'Nicholas Bird', Matched: True
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Comparing: 'Saltburn', Field: 'Last Played', Expected: 'Type: Weeks, Value: 10', Actual: '27/01/2024 00:00:00 +00:00', Operator: 'is in the last', Type: 'date', Context 'Nicholas Bird', Matched: True
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: 'Saltburn' added to playlist/collection!!!!
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Comparing: 'The Holdovers', Field: 'Media Type', Expected: 'Movie', Actual: 'Movie', Operator: 'is', Type: 'listMapValue', Context 'Nicholas Bird', Matched: True
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Comparing: 'The Holdovers', Field: 'Last Played', Expected: 'Type: Weeks, Value: 10', Actual: '20/01/2024 00:00:00 +00:00', Operator: 'is in the last', Type: 'date', Context 'Nicholas Bird', Matched: True
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: 'The Holdovers' added to playlist/collection!!!!
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Dealing with 4 after filter.
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Removing missing episodes if any.
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Limiting items to 10 based on Played date desc:Descending:Shuffled - False.
[20/03/2024 01:18:50]: Complete

Oracle
On 3/12/2024 at 7:19 PM, o0cynix0o said:

Good Googley IT's working again. I lost my pithy "Dude Where's my Car Movie" description but that's okay its working again. Thank you so much for this. This makes watching a weeks worth of AEW so much easier. 

Literally what I use this for! Pro Wrestling.

Pop it on in the background at work and away I go.

joechilds

Thanks @ShaneP!

Is there a reason that this new version isn’t available on your GitHub page under “releases”?

And any chance you might add this to the official Emby plugin store?

ShaneP
On 3/12/2024 at 8:09 PM, feerlessleadr said:

Hey @feerlessleadr, I am seeing the same thing, seems to be a bug within the underlying Emby code, I have reached out. So hopefully this gets resolved soon. 

• Like 2