A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Wie gewünscht implementiert, wie Sie im Bild sehen können, löscht es nach dem Hinzufügen das gelb unterstrichene Tag und stellt Kinderfilme ein. Ich habe nur 2 Filme in der Masse ausgewählt (Filter - alle Filme, die kein Tag haben). Das Hinzufügen funktioniert für die Auswahl der beiden Filme. Wenn ich jetzt alle Filme markiert (nicht simuliert, um sie sauber zu halten) hätte, wäre das andere Problem aufgetreten, dass es sie nicht alle verarbeitet hätte. Aber das machen wir später.

Siehst du jetzt etwas?

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.d39b5420abdaa622c22fd58299cf2f47.PNG

Edited by Seger

VicMoore

Hello Seger...

I hope you are doing well.  Have you made any progress on the problem that you are having?  I would like to help you if I can.

Vic...

p.s.  Seger, I just edited this post because I think I found your problem. The latest code is attached below.  Let me know if it works for you.

tool.zip

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Hello Seger...

I have tested the bulk edit and I think it's working properly.  The problem was that the tool was refreshing the page each time it saved data to a file.  If you bulk edited 10 files then a refresh page was called after saving the metadata for each file was saved.  This is why you saw the screen change so much.  I appreciate you bringing this problem to my attention.

Vic

the code attached below is the same that was attached above.

tool.zip

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

You can now edit the tags and genres of locally playing Movies or tv shows.   Several people have asked for this feature.  I will now finish channel tagging.

Vic

tool.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Sie können jetzt die Tags und Genres von lokal wiedergegebenen Filmen oder Fernsehsendungen bearbeiten. Mehrere Leute haben nach dieser Funktion gefragt. Ich werde jetzt die Kanalkennzeichnung abschließen.

Vic

tool.zip 5,36 MB · 3 Downloads

I took the last code, it still changes everything, the message "LOADING PAGE - PLEASE WAIT" still appears. Unfortunately, the tool still overwrites all other tags (year, rating, etc.), and it also processes more films than I have selected via the filter. I have displayed all the tags that have no tags and then marked them all.

VicMoore

Seger, could you please tell me exactly what you are doing that causes these problems.  I would like to duplicate what you are doing.   So far I have not been able to duplicate what you are experiencing.

I did find one problem.  When you used the filter to select items with no tags, the items with no tags display OK.  Then you selected all of the items with no tags by using "shift" click.  What you see on the screen looks OK.  Then you add or delete tags and click save. Now you see the "Waiting for page to load" message. The result is that all of the media is changed not just the ones with no tags.  Is this what is happening?

I see in the code how this can happen.  The problem is in the "Select All."  In other words "Shift" click.  The code does not take the filter into consideration and selects everything in the folder, not just the items with no tags.  I will fix this today.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

2 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Seger, könnten Sie mir bitte genau sagen, was Sie tun, das diese Probleme verursacht. Ich würde gerne wiederholen, was Sie tun. Bisher war ich nicht in der Lage, das zu wiederholen, was du erlebst.

Ich habe ein Problem gefunden. Wenn Sie den Filter verwendet haben, um Elemente ohne Tags auszuwählen, werden die Elemente ohne Tags als OK angezeigt. Dann haben Sie alle Elemente ohne Tags ausgewählt, indem Sie mit der Umschalttaste klicken. Was Sie auf dem Bildschirm sehen, sieht OK aus. Dann fügen Sie Tags hinzu oder löschen sie und klicken auf Speichern. Jetzt sehen Sie die Meldung „Warten auf das Laden der Seite“. Das Ergebnis ist, dass alle Medien geändert werden, nicht nur die ohne Tags. Ist das was passiert?

Ich sehe im Code, wie das passieren kann. Das Problem liegt bei "Alle auswählen". Mit anderen Worten: „Shift“-Klick. Der Code berücksichtigt den Filter nicht und wählt alles im Ordner aus, nicht nur die Elemente ohne Tags. Ich werde das heute beheben.

Vic

That's exactly what happened and that you found the error with "select all" is great!

When you have the error with "select all" gone, we can move on to the rest. My films are all cleanly maintained with data via the database, I select that it should replace the existing TAG and add "children's films" to the test field. After that, all the previously maintained data like the year of release, ratings are no longer there. But as I said, let's get rid of the filter, then I'll send you another debug of my browser. 

VicMoore

Thanks Seger...   I will fix the bug tonight.  After that I will move onto your next request.  You have top priority.

Vic

VicMoore

OK Seger -- problem fixed - give it a try.   The code is attached below.

I appreciate your help and testing.   Now,  what is the next thing?

Vic

tool.zip

10 hours ago, VicMoore said:

OK Seger -- problem fixed - give it a try.   The code is attached below.

I appreciate your help and testing.   Now,  what is the next thing?

Vic

tool.zip 5.32 MB · 2 downloads

Very good, the multiple selection worked. But look, it has set the tag "children's films" everywhere, I selected "Replace existing tags" and actually it should only set children's films for tags. But it also sets all other tags like the year, the rating and does not take over any tags. Am I perhaps selecting something wrong here?

See pictures... 1.PNG.840cfa99c6d360a6b07e332f018d27f4.PNG2.thumb.PNG.cd8a7095b84ab0e21660c8708fbc1941.PNGUnbenannt.thumb.PNG.48337ff281f598155789282c9cea62bb.PNG

-1666005087622.log

VicMoore

OK - I duplicated the problem - I will fix it today - Thanks for your help

Vic

VicMoore

Good morning Seger...

I think I have all of your issues fixed.  The two files that were changed are attached below. The problem was easy to fix but very hard to find.  I greatly appreciate all of your help.  I will continue testing today to make sure it works as expected.  Let me know if you find any problems.

Vic

bulk.js editor.js

1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Guten Morgen Seger...

Ich denke, ich habe alle Ihre Probleme gelöst. Die beiden geänderten Dateien sind unten angehängt. Das Problem war einfach zu beheben, aber sehr schwer zu finden. Ich schätze all Ihre Hilfe sehr. Ich werde heute weiter testen, um sicherzustellen, dass es wie erwartet funktioniert. Lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn Sie irgendwelche Probleme finden.

Vic

bulk.js 33,32 KB · 0 Downloads editor.js 61,17 KB · 0 Downloads

Excellent, now we've done it, it's behaving as expected :-)!!!! Super job! You can post the "final" version for everyone once. The next topic I would like to test/tackle with you is the rating system for Germany. What I still noticed, is there actually a "I stay logged in function" so that he puts a token in the directory?

See you in a few days and thanks again for your great work! 

VicMoore

Seger, when you are ready in a few days, I will be happy to help you with ratings. 

In the code I also fixed a small bug with locks.

Vic

Cheesegeezer
On 08/07/2021 at 14:42, VicMoore said:

This tool bulk edits the metadata of Emby movies, TV shows, home videos, and photos. It can edit in two ways. In both the user selects one or more items to be edited. The first editing method, edits all of the selected items in bulk, applying the same Tags, Genres, Watched, Locks, People, and Studios to each item simultaneously. The second technique applies a metadata editor to each item, one item at a time, and it allows the user to edit all of the item's metadata.

1. add or remove tags and genres,

2. add or remove locks,

3. set watched or unwatched,

4. play movies, videos, audio files/music, and display photos,

5. display a TV guide or a channel list for VirtualTV and LiveTV (play shows from the TV guide)

6. apply filters to movies, videos, music, photos, and channel listings,

7. add tags and locks to one or more channels,

8. create a new Collection or add items to or remove items from an existing Collection,

9. create a new Playlist or add items to or delete items from an existing Playlist,

10. play a playlist,

11. add and remove Players and Studios,

12. and edit all metadata for Emby items.

This tool is a single HTML file that includes HTML, CSS, Javascript, and jQuery. It has been tested on Chrome and Edge browsers (in a windows 10 environment). It may work on other browsers. I just don’t know.  This code is free for anyone to use. It's my give back to the Emby community. A few screen shots are included below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1_PM.jpg.ca7ef8f2068dfa7a491b8f5b91ac5c67.jpg

emby-1.jpg.6eab627c1546710fb88355012d3ec622.jpg

emby-2.jpg.209502ee3a8bda5b98b920cd3410f176.jpg

emby-3.jpg.8577ea046c61fd2c8b2d0948e20dde07.jpg

emby-4.jpg.00a6ec7bd1c6186469dec017aced4c59.jpg

emby-5.jpg.6bf5bd8e14594f4dab9c47afe1acaa8f.jpg

4_PM.jpg.f0bf362b9ba4c68aed3558d67c7e2546.jpg

emby-7.jpg.90cd749ec807a43129d2766f5f387970.jpg

emby_new_tool_38.html 440.05 kB · 63 downloads

Wow!! Nice work Vic, I seriously can’t believe i missed this. I’ll give this a shot when i get time but I believe this is a real game changer for many users. 

thanks for sharing 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Be sure to use the latest code

This is the conflict of code being spread out over every post.  Might want to go through your attachments to remove old code.  In the forum go to your Name in upper right and use the drop down and select My Attachments faster removals.

The issue of having code and troubleshooting in the same topic.

VicMoore

Thank you Happy2Play....

I am Lame when it comes to forums.   Your advice is always good.   I will delete old code posts.

Vic

MBSki
25 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

This is the conflict of code being spread out over every post.  Might want to go through your attachments to remove old code.  In the forum go to your Name in upper right and use the drop down and select My Attachments faster removals.

Is there an easy way to make this a plug-in? That would be easier for users to consume

VicMoore

Hello MBSki...

I really don't know.  I don't have any experience with plugins. 

Vic

MBSki
42 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello MBSki...

I really don't know.  I don't have any experience with plugins. 

Vic

Me neither. 😅 I'm hoping @FrostBytedoes.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, MBSki said:
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Is there an easy way to make this a plug-in? That would be easier for users to consume

Not a coder just poke around in existing public plugins @chefpotentially can answer this.

How to build a Server Plugin · MediaBrowser/Emby Wiki (github.com)