Vantage Point Issues & Bugs Thread

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Is this broken on beta at the moment? I'm not getting any intros playing. 

I haven’t released any updates to plugin store yet, you’ll have to download from a recent post

CassTG
On 10/05/2022 at 14:08, Cheesegeezer said:

@CassTG  

Here is the latest update - Still Version 1.0.0.7. Can you please test this for codecs and tags.  

It's working for me on Windows, but i know it's important to you and i think you are Linux.  

Much appreciated.

VantagePoint.dll 520.5 kB · 2 downloads

@Cheesegeezeri replaced the dll, restart the emby docker and when i add codec tags path back it it goes back to not playing any intros including the certs

Update - removed the codec tag path and saved rebooted docker and prerolls do not play either, this happened on last test where it did not start straight away for some reason

Edited by CassTG
  • Thanks 1

CassTG

Okay First off Ignore my message above. Secondly i give you permission to give me the forum dunces hat and i will toddle off to the corner and stand there like the plonker i am.

I suddenly thought about the file i know that was tagged and was testing which was Dumbo. and then i womndered how long it was and its like 63 mins. And i have it set to ignore less than 110 Mins so of course nothing was going to play.

So i tested a different film and boom the correct tag and cert plays.

I-m-An-Idiot.jpeg.87302f586a1acc3ab9f5972541bec153.jpeg

• Haha 1

Spaceboy

hi, still don't think this is using any online trailers even though they are enabled in emby and the option selected in Vantage Point.

All trailers seem to come from my collection which is also selected. If i deselect "from my collection" i get online trailers

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

hi, still don't think this is using any online trailers even though they are enabled in emby and the option selected in Vantage Point.

All trailers seem to come from my collection which is also selected. If i deselect "from my collection" i get online trailers

if you are using the option to use trailers from a trailer folder. It states this will disable online trailers on the UI

If you have online trailers  enables and the box ticked that says uses trailers from my movies this will use 1 internal trailer from a trailer inside a movie folder. Labelled movieName-trailer.mp4 

sorry not near a laptop right now. Enjoying a whisky with ma pal.

send screenshots of your settings and i can help. Cheers

Spaceboy
57 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

if you are using the option to use trailers from a trailer folder. It states this will disable online trailers on the UI

If you have online trailers  enables and the box ticked that says uses trailers from my movies this will use 1 internal trailer from a trailer inside a movie folder. Labelled movieName-trailer.mp4 

sorry not near a laptop right now. Enjoying a whisky with ma pal.

send screenshots of your settings and i can help. Cheers

with these 3 options set my understanding is that i will get 2 trailers before each movie. which i do. but they are always from my collection and based on testing a number of movies never from the internet. ideally i'd like to specify one from each and even have the possibility of including a "from my collection" bumper after the online trailer and before the my collection trailer.

hope this makes sense and i have understood the config. no rush

image.thumb.png.19d72288df5caaafe77685750091a80b.png

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
27 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

with these 3 options set my understanding is that i will get 2 trailers before each movie. which i do. but they are always from my collection and based on testing a number of movies never from the internet. ideally i'd like to specify one from each and even have the possibility of including a "from my collection" bumper after the online trailer and before the my collection trailer.

What options do you have set for trailer folder… think its one up

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

I think you need to update to latest or refresh your browser cache

77A361DC-3750-4EDF-AF5C-2B88D46AD667.jpeg

fillidill
20 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I think you need to update to latest or refresh your browser cache

Jumping in here. I've been looking for the local trailers settings. I don't seem to even have that section called "LOCAL Trailers & Coming Attractions Section". Mine is called simply "Trailers & Coming Attractions Section".

I have the latest beta version (not the one from the catalogue) of your plugin that can be found in the other thread and I have cleared my browser cache. 

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
Just now, fillidill said:

Jumping in here. I've been looking for the local trailers settings. I don't seem to even have that section called "LOCAL Trailers & Coming Attractions Section". Mine is called simply "Trailers & Coming Attractions Section".

I have the latest beta version (not the one from the catalogue) of your plugin that can be found in the other thread and I have cleared my browser cache. 

Oh no! Ok ok, I’ll have to check this tomorrow. 

thanks for the heads up, 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Yeah ok so i just installed the release version and somehow that has vanished. I’ll get this done probably on Monday realistically to make sure everything is upto date. 

sorry all! And thanks @Spaceboy And @fillidill for highlighting this.

i must have had a brain fart and lost my only brain cell somewhere lol 😂 

• Thanks 1

fillidill
Just now, Cheesegeezer said:

Yeah ok so i just installed the release version and somehow that has vanished. I’ll get this done probably on Monday realistically to make sure everything is upto date. 

sorry all! And thanks @Spaceboy And @fillidill for highlighting this.

i must have had a brain fart and lost my only brain cell somewhere lol 😂 

No worries man :D Just appreciate everything you do!

crusher11

So does this all mean that I can have local trailers, or online trailers, but not a mix of both, once this gets sorted?

I played a movie just now and got two trailers (one of each), despite my settings specifying one trailer.

Cheesegeezer
7 hours ago, crusher11 said:

So does this all mean that I can have local trailers, or online trailers, but not a mix of both, once this gets sorted?

i think most requests are answered now. So… my plan is to sort out my code… it’s just a mess, in terms of readability.

i also want to inject a visual representation of the user settings, on a time line basis, for user feedback. Injecting this should allow for me to then make a add/delete/re-order(drag n drop) setup for the user. So all the confusing UI at the moment will be redundant. My JavaScript is getting better now so i think I’m at a stage where this can be done, but this will take time

7 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I played a movie just now and got two trailers (one of each), despite my settings specifying one trailer.

Yes, for online options if you have get online attractions enabled. This will play online stuff, if you have enable trailers from my collection enabled this will play one trailer from your internal movie foler that is labeled moviename-trailer.ext

crusher11

So is there a way to get it to play one trailer, whether it be online or local? I'm sure that's what it was doing previously, and what Cinema Mode does. It doesn't sound like Vantage Point can do that, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Cheesegeezer

Again… all these requests… have been incorporated. At the moment the design is to play online content if you asked for that, if you also tick the play trailer from my collection then it is forced to play 1 internal. 
if you only select the trailer from my collection it will still only play one trailer.

i took the new design concept from cinemavision and this is the plan. And i think this UI will remove all the unknowns out of the current setup.

9ACB5A62-5895-42E7-8C1D-BBA4AFB7F980.png

crusher11

The way I had it before, it was set to play one trailer, and it would choose either a local trailer, or a coming soon trailer.

Is that no longer how it works?

Cheesegeezer
28 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

The way I had it before, it was set to play one trailer, and it would choose either a local trailer, or a coming soon trailer.

Is that no longer how it works?

Rtfa

• Haha 2

Cheesegeezer

Read the answer i posted above. That’s pretty clear cut

crusher11

You keep talking about "requests", though, which doesn't have any connection I can see.

I'm not sure why you would separate out local and online trailers.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

You keep talking about "requests", though, which doesn't have any connection I can see.

Let me simplify this for you, if you can’t seperate out sentences and full stops.

At the moment the design is to play online content if you asked for that, if you also tick the play trailer from my collection then it is forced to play 1 internal. 

crusher11
8 hours ago, crusher11 said: