Vantage Point Issues & Bugs Thread

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

Hi @Cheesegeezer Welcome back! Would it be possible to have a dedicated trailers folder and have Vantage Point use that instead of online ones? I’d like to be able to download upcoming high quality trailers and have VP use those instead. Online trailers stopped working for me. Thanks again for your hard work! 

Already in there bud.

image.png.5c5aff99b131a11354509e87dbfdff32.png

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer I saw that and tried using it, but every time I did, Vantage Point wouldn’t start, it’d go straight to the movie. Do the trailers need to have specific naming structure?

MangaAddict
3 minutes ago, CassTG said:

OOps im too slow as always

Lol. Thanks though. I tried using that, but Whenever I did, it skipped VP entirely. I thought it was probably used for something different 

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

@Cheesegeezer I saw that and tried using it, but every time I did, Vantage Point wouldn’t start, it’d go straight to the movie. Do the trailers need to have specific naming structure?

I haven't put any naming requirements in the code. Are they set up as a library in Emby? I did this a while ago and the chap who was testing it, had all the trailers downloaded into a folder and then set up a new library.  It seemed to work for him.

What options do you have enabled for the local trailers? do you have Parental, etc.

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer Now that you mention it, it isn’t set up as a dedicated library on Emby. I’m using Unraid, so I just created a new Share folder and linked to it.  I’m going to try it now and report back. Thanks!

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, MangaAddict said:

@Cheesegeezer Now that you mention it, it isn’t set up as a dedicated library on Emby. I’m using Unraid, so I just created a new Share folder and linked to it.  I’m going to try it now and report back. Thanks!

It's because i interigate trailers based on library queries.  so if you have played a trailer from a folder/library then it will add the watched marker, allowing interrogation to occur.

Hope that makes sense.

Should work for you once you set it up 

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer It makes a lot of sense. However, it’s still not working for me. I created a library and all of the videos are playable in it, but when I play a movie, it completely bypasses VP. 

Cheesegeezer
9 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

@Cheesegeezer It makes a lot of sense. However, it’s still not working for me. I created a library and all of the videos are playable in it, but when I play a movie, it completely bypasses VP. 

Let me set up some trailers and test myself.  

Got a few things to sort and nothing has changed, but, it's probably because the user base is increasing.

Leave it with me and i'll get it set up.

I still don't know why your online trailers isn't working. I literally install the VantagePoint plugin on my new dev laptop from the plugin catalogue, put my premiere key in, downloaded trailers plugin and boom everything worked fine. 

MangaAddict

Ironically, after messing around with it, Online trailers started to work again, however using the local trailer folder still doesn’t.  Thanks for testing it. 

CassTG

I just created a folder and added some trailers i just knocked up, Ticked Local trailers added the path.

Result - No Trailers played and also No Certificate bumpers played. Removed trailer link and the certs played again

HOWEVER

There is always a way around it lol so i just added the trailer path (no library just a hidden folder) to the Ads/Funnies section as i dont use that section and boom, random trailer plays and then the certificate preroll plays fine Obviously they could get the same trailer over and over lol however

Edited by CassTG
  • Like 2

Sammy
On 3/23/2022 at 5:57 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

Hi Sammy, I can't break it on Latest Beta or on Release versions.  So I can't fix if it aint broken.

Have you followed these steps.... just to be sure.

PM me, your set up for plugin (Screenshots) - Step on how you produce the issues, standard stuff.  Also let me know your OS, emby server and any other info.  

image.png.8ca0ccc569462bb9cfdd2b671414d23f.png

I'm going to send a PM with some screen grabs of my settings. I have Cinema Intros enabled and they do work on my client devices for Cinema Mode but not for Vantage Point.

• Thanks 1

fillidill
2022-03-26 20:19:44.457 Info Vantage Point: INITIALIZE: Start Logic for what to play based on settings
2022-03-26 20:19:44.457 Info Vantage Point: Enable LOCAL Trailers = False
2022-03-26 20:19:44.485 Error App: Error getting intros
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build15) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #42218 SMP Mon Oct 18 19:17:56 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: no such column: UserDatas.played - select A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.OriginalTitle,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,A.RemoteTrailers,A.SortIndexNumber,A.SortParentIndexNumber,A.IndexNumberEnd,(((COALESCE(OfficialRating, 0)=@ItemOfficialRating) * 5)+Min(5, Max(0, 10 - Abs(COALESCE(ProductionYear, 0) - @ItemProductionYear)))+ ((Select count(LinkedId) from ItemLinks where ItemId=Id and LinkedId in (select LinkedId from ItemLinks where ItemId=@SimilarItemId)) * 10)) as SimilarityScore from MediaItems A where SimilarityScore > 9 AND type=8 AND UserDatas.played=@IsPlayed AND Id not in (2134628) AND (ProviderIds is null or (ProviderIds not like @ExcludeProviderId0)) ORDER BY SimilarityScore DESC,RANDOM() ASC
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, String& tail)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.QueryItemsInTransaction[T](InternalItemsQuery query, IDatabaseConnection db, String[] columnsToSelect, Func`5 rowReaderFn, Boolean singleResult, String methodName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItems(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetComingAttractionsFromTrailerFolder(VantagePointConfiguration config, BaseItem item)
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetResultForMovies(BaseItem item, IEnumerable`1 candidates, VantagePointConfiguration config)
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetIntros(BaseItem item, User user)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetIntros(IIntroProvider provider, BaseItem item, User user)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.String ByRef)

I've never gotten the local trailers feature to work and the above error message when playing a movie. I have a folder with all trailers placed (automatically downloaded every night) and are then added as a movie library to Emby called Movie Trailers.

I've done the following:
- uninstalled Cinema Mode
- in my user settings, checked "Enable Cinema Intros"
- Modified VP settings as attached picture

What am I doing wrong? 😕

settings.png

Cheesegeezer

I need to fix the codec issue… I’m not sure why it has stopped working. 

if you have a path in the codec section please remove it. The plugin will work again.

i plan to fix this but I’m currently calving and lambing right now so very little laptop time

fillidill
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

if you have a path in the codec section please remove it. The plugin will work again.

i plan to fix this but I’m currently calving and lambing right now so very little laptop time

Actually no, I only have a path for the local trailers and nothing else. 

Sammy
On 3/26/2022 at 2:29 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

😲🤔😕

Cheesegeezer

On 26/03/2022 at 21:29, Cheesegeezer said:

5 hours ago, Sammy said:

Any updates on the fix?

see above, sorry I don’t have time at the moment between day job and farm life. It’s a hectic time of year.

bear with me. But can you help me, and complile a list of issues, potential work arounds. This will help me focus. I get about an hour for myself a day that doesn’t involve eating or showering lol 😂 

Sammy

This is the only issue that I know of but I don't use all the features yet either.

The only work around besides disabling codec intros that you provided until it is fixed is to uninstall the plugin and revert to the Cinema Mode plugin. Maybe @Luke can take a gander at your code and point you in the right direction. Whatever his plugin is doing works and maybe there were some changes in the Emby code that broke your plugin?

Nostradamus1973

Good morning Everyone,😁

I'm running Emby 4.7.0.32 beta with Vantage Point and stumbled across a few issues on my rig.

I went and grabbed a 4K pre-roll here: https://prerolls.video/emby-flix-revisited-pre-roll/  the 4K version plays okay on my 4K TV(As the Feature Presentation Bumper), however, when I try to play it on my 720p Fire-TV, I get some message along the lines of: Too many errors, giving up when the actual movie is about to begin; when I use the 1080p version of the same video, the feature presentation would play, I thought it was related to transcoding and stayed away from 4K bumpers, however, I'm thinking something different now(see Apple tvOS below), I've tested different movies at 1080p and 4K and have gotten the same results, if I switch to the 1080p pre-roll of the same video it will load for the most part, another issue is that if the Feature presentation Bumper loads, one or both of the preceding trailers won't play and I get that same message: Giving up, too many errors, so, I'm assuming that may be a different issue. I've tried a few different videos from that site all with similar results.

I'm now also noticing the same error on an AppleTV device running tvOS 1.5.7, with the 1080p version of the pre-roll previously mentioned, where the trailers will play along with the feature presentation bumper and then give up on the actual Movie with the error: Giving up, too many errors.

Here's the weird thing, when I use @Cheesegeezer's video: Emby_Intro_AACv2_5_1.mp4 I don't have any of the errors on any of the devices I just mentioned, I used it for months and never had a problem, I wish @Cheesegeezerhad more videos to hold me over until I have this figured out. LOL

Has anyone noticed something like this? Would the video be required to have certain meta-data? i.e Rating....G, PG, PG-13, R. I can't help but think that I may be missing something with this one.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
nomatches4mikey

If you're like me and you are having issues getting the online trailers to play, you may want to check the User Access settings to make sure the user can access the Trailers Channel.  After checking that off, they worked for me.

• Like 1

Nostradamus1973

I just checked, the users have full access.

It's weird, certain pre-rolls work, and others don't with certain devices.

For now, I'm just using the one @Cheesegeezermade and all the devices are working; I can live with a one-trick-pony for a while until @Cheesegeezergets some free time to figure this one out.😁👍💪