Vantage Point Issues & Bugs Thread

Cheesegeezer

Sammy
2 hours ago, nomatches4mikey said:

If you're like me and you are having issues getting the online trailers to play, you may want to check the User Access settings to make sure the user can access the Trailers Channel.  After checking that off, they worked for me.

13 minutes ago, Nostradamus1973 said:

I just checked, the users have full access.

It's weird, certain pre-rolls work, and others don't with certain devices.

For now, I'm just using the one @Cheesegeezermade and all the devices are working; I can live with a one-trick-pony for a while until @Cheesegeezergets some free time to figure this one out.😁👍💪

Posting logs might help.

Sammy
17 minutes ago, Madflava said:

I so hate to ask this but does anyone have a guide or video for setting this up?

• Thanks 1

donaldblair

Hello,

This is a great plugin for a great media server. Kudos.

A couple of questions off the hop:

1) Is there a general KB that end users can view for support? Searching one massive thread can be difficult.
2) Is there actual documentation located anywhere? For some reason I couldn't find anything; perhaps not looking hard enough.

The reason for my post: I'm unable to get any content to play from the folders I've set up in the plugin. 

I've set up VP to play the following in order:

-A bumper before the Trivia/Ads (Trivia plays one video, Ads play 3 videos)
-Coming Soon bumper
-Online trailers (currently set to play just one)
-Feature Presentation
-Rating Cards

All files are located on a Windows share for which permissions on the Windows service has been set, and all other library files can be accessed and played.

On playing a movie, online trailers are grabbed just fine and played OK (currently only playing one trailer). However, the client very clearly skips the files in the folders I've set up.

I've attached the log file that was created after cycling it, to show only what happened when I attempted to play a movie. I had set up a temporary library to ensure the files would play without problem, and they play OK, so it doesn't appear to be a compatibility issue.

Another question: how to I enforce the order of the files that are played within each directory? As you can see by the log files, I tried to guesstimate what this would look like, but seeing that it didn't play them at all (and, also, did not order them correctly based on what I thought it would do, and according to the logs): how do I get the files to play in my own specified order, within each folder?

Finally, I don't know if this is the right place for a feature request: I moved from Plex (which was shit) but the one thing they did nicely was fade the theme music in-and-out of switching between shows. I find that sometimes, theme music gets stuck on my Android/Shield player client, when browsing other TV series. I also find that it restarts itself when I go into seasons, and abruptly ends if I leave the series. Is there a way to fade this action in and out for theme music, so as not to leave it so jarring to the end user?

Thanks kindly in advance. Again, great plugin.

Donald

(Thanks @Sammy for pointing me in the right direction)

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by donaldblair

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, donaldblair said:

I've set up VP to play the following in order:

-A bumper before the Trivia/Ads (Trivia plays one video, Ads play 3 videos)
-Coming Soon bumper
-Online trailers (currently set to play just one)
-Feature Presentation
-Rating Cards

All files are located on a Windows share for which permissions on the Windows service has been set, and all other library files can be accessed and played.

On playing a movie, online trailers are grabbed just fine and played OK (currently only playing one trailer). However, the client very clearly skips the files in the folders I've set up.

Thanks Donald.  Let me try to understand what you are saying ( ill check the log files in a sec)

You are saying only online trailers play and nothing else.   Are they all movie files.  If they are Jpg's etc then they will not play, only movie files will be played in the plugin.

I've attached the log file that was created after cycling it, to show only what happened when I attempted to play a movie. I had set up a temporary library to ensure the files would play without problem, and they play OK, so it doesn't appear to be a compatibility issue.

Ok, so that might answer my question above.

Another question: how to I enforce the order of the files that are played within each directory? As you can see by the log files, I tried to guesstimate what this would look like, but seeing that it didn't play them at all (and, also, did not order them correctly based on what I thought it would do, and according to the logs): how do I get the files to play in my own specified order, within each folder?

For each section -  the number of files (if available to chose) are collected and played in a random order.  I have not set up anyway to order the files specifically in each folder.

Thanks kindly in advance. Again, great plugin.

Donald

(Thanks @Sammy for pointing me in the right direction)

embyserver (1).txt 125.1 kB · 0 downloads

I'll check the log now.

Cheesegeezer

@donaldblair

do you have anything in this folder.  are these jpg's or movies.  looks like this failing as the log is showing it's finding everything else.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'M:\Rating Cards'.

donaldblair
27 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@donaldblair

do you have anything in this folder.  are these jpg's or movies.  looks like this failing as the log is showing it's finding everything else.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'M:\Rating Cards'.

Thanks @Cheesegeezer (and @BillOatman) - indeed, I changed the path but obviously did not hit save.

Chalk this up to an error between the chair and keyboard.

Playing all video sections now. Thanks for the quick responses!

Edited by donaldblair

donaldblair
29 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Thanks Donald.  Let me try to understand what you are saying ( ill check the log files in a sec)

You are saying only online trailers play and nothing else.   Are they all movie files.  If they are Jpg's etc then they will not play, only movie files will be played in the plugin.

Ok, so that might answer my question above.

For each section -  the number of files (if available to chose) are collected and played in a random order.  I have not set up anyway to order the files specifically in each folder.

I'll check the log now.

Hi @Cheesegeezer - appreciate your help earlier, the videos play however they're not playing them all. EG., the "Ads and Funnies" path has 4 videos in it (3 during testing) and only one is being played. Is it normal behaviour to only play one random file or to play them all randomly?

Thanks,

D

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, donaldblair said:

Hi @Cheesegeezer - appreciate your help earlier, the videos play however they're not playing them all. EG., the "Ads and Funnies" path has 4 videos in it (3 during testing) and only one is being played. Is it normal behaviour to only play one random file or to play them all randomly?

Thanks,

D

What number do you have them set at

B12395FF-B653-4876-AA69-476A08D7491C.jpeg

donaldblair
21 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

They're set to 1 for Trivia Videos, and 3 for Ads.

• 2 weeks later...
donaldblair
On 21/04/2022 at 15:14, Cheesegeezer said:

Thanks @Cheesegeezer- after some fiddling around, and finding the proper sequence I wanted to play, the plugin works just perfectly now (my only issue is one others continue to have: webhooks that flash my lights on between videos, instead of consistently keeping them at their last setting before showtime - I'm playing around with that now). It feels like I'm in row five of 8 back at the Scarborough Town Centre cinemas (all shoeboxes, replete with coca-cola washed floors!).

I had to properly organize the folder structure and accept that multiple videos would not all be played in my desired sequence in a folder, so I stitched them together with ffmpeg AV Batch Converter, and put them in their proper folders with the other videos that would play (and the appropriate content number set in the plugin). The Converter was the fastest solution to multiple videos played in a specific order. Highly recommend this tool for others seeking conversion of media by batch, or basic editing of your content.

This is a truly great plugin. I've read some complaints about the usefulness of this plugin ("why bring the theatre experience in your home?"). It's certainly nostalgic (and makes me wish I had this set up 30 years ago instead of my best friend and I spending too much money at the theatre itself!). Great work, really, and thank you for the very fast support as well. I can see I made the right choice ditching Plex for Emby. 

Edited by donaldblair

Cheesegeezer
17 hours ago, donaldblair said:

(my only issue is one others continue to have: webhooks that flash my lights on between videos, instead of consistently keeping them at their last setting before showtime -

As you can see i want to incorporate home automation into the plugin, however this is tricky as i dont have full access to how the playlist is split up. If i can explain a little better… when the plugin is installed and setup, when you have the enable intros enabled.. you play a movie, all the paths are collected for the intros and then put together in a playlist before anything has played. So if automation is enabled, the triggers are sent when the playlist is put together,(all in less than 1s). Lights dim, lights dinmer, lights off and lights on all in 1second lol. 
myself and Chef have been thinking on how to do this and sessions might be the way to go, but will require some clever coding to make it robust

I'm playing around with that now). It feels like I'm in row five of 8 back at the Scarborough Town Centre cinemas (all shoeboxes, replete with coca-cola washed floors!).

that made me chuckle!! A cinema in the breezy Yorkshire seaside town!! Lol 😂 

I had to properly organize the folder structure and accept that multiple videos would not all be played in my desired sequence in a folder, so I stitched them together with ffmpeg AV Batch Converter, and put them in their proper folders with the other videos that would play (and the appropriate content number set in the plugin). The Converter was the fastest solution to multiple videos played in a specific order. Highly recommend this tool for others seeking conversion of media by batch, or basic editing of your content.

pretty useful tool ffmpeg. I want to use the text overlay interface from the CLI to maybe overlay the title on, say, the BBFC Rating slides. Which can be done at the beginning, when the playlist is created! Take the movie rating, get the corresponding rating slide, insert the title, create a 10s movie, play the clip and when the movie starts destroy the clip.

This is a truly great plugin. I've read some complaints about the usefulness of this plugin ("why bring the theatre experience in your home?"). It's certainly nostalgic (and makes me wish I had this set up 30 years ago instead of my best friend and I spending too much money at the theatre itself!). Great work, really, and thank you for the very fast support as well. I can see I made the right choice ditching Plex for Emby. 

Thank you very much and yeah its a good bit of fun. I was building a large summer house with a basement for a decent cinema, but with all the price hikes in materials, wood, fuel and not being allowed to use red deisel, it’s on hold now. 
its not for everyone and you are not forced to use it. 

We have a few more plugins on the horizon to bring…  these can be found in the tools/Utilities section of the forum.

introskip- skips intros and credits on tv shows for good binge watching- currently beta testing and has been for some time.

Iridium - a new UI front end for Emby - development has just started. 

Recommendations Channel - allows users on a server to recommend movies they watched to other users and highlight things to watch. - design phase, but should a quick one to knock out.

Anyways appreciate the kind words and thanks

Sammy

Cool! I'd like to get it working with HomeSEER which I may move to from VeraPlus.

How's the fix for Codec Intros coming along?

donaldblair
13 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

As you can see i want to incorporate home automation into the plugin, however this is tricky as i dont have full access to how the playlist is split up. If i can explain a little better… when the plugin is installed and setup, when you have the enable intros enabled.. you play a movie, all the paths are collected for the intros and then put together in a playlist before anything has played. So if automation is enabled, the triggers are sent when the playlist is put together,(all in less than 1s). Lights dim, lights dinmer, lights off and lights on all in 1second lol. 
myself and Chef have been thinking on how to do this and sessions might be the way to go, but will require some clever coding to make it robust

pretty useful tool ffmpeg. I want to use the text overlay interface from the CLI to maybe overlay the title on, say, the BBFC Rating slides. Which can be done at the beginning, when the playlist is created! Take the movie rating, get the corresponding rating slide, insert the title, create a 10s movie, play the clip and when the movie starts destroy the clip.

Thank you very much and yeah its a good bit of fun. I was building a large summer house with a basement for a decent cinema, but with all the price hikes in materials, wood, fuel and not being allowed to use red deisel, it’s on hold now. 

We have a few more plugins on the horizon to bring…  these can be found in the tools/Utilities section of the forum.

introskip- skips intros and credits on tv shows for good binge watching- currently beta testing and has been for some time.

Recommendations Channel - allows users on a server to recommend movies they watched to other users and highlight things to watch. - design phase, but should a quick one to knock out.

Thanks for the very detailed replies! This is great (and is there a way I can make a donation?)

FYI: Breezy seashore town, maybe: but I live in Toronto, Canada - Scarborough's a large part of the city where I grew up, which *was* named for that seaside town - so I imagine we've had to endure shitty cinemas! SEA TO SEA! 

Thanks for the update on the webhooks as well. I'm trying to figure out an interim solution as well, if I come up with anything I'll post it here. @chef, et al have also been hugely helpful with support - it's just so, so much better than Plex (and I dunno why anyone would continue to use that POS). I'm subscribing to the lifetime Premiere membership shortly, but would be happy to pay a small subscription for this plugin too. 

Now if only I could get my dogs to stop pissing on the floor - that's what it was like the cinemas in Scarborough, Ontario in the 80's and 90's. 😛

Cheers and thanks again, looking forward to the future plugins (was just wondering about a skip-intro plugin!)

d

• Like 1

donaldblair
13 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Oh! and FYI, just so you know, not all Canada ratings are recognized - I think they all start with a "C". So they don't play the appropriate MPAA slides - which are effectively the exact same as the Canadian ratings. I only noticed that when I played Scarface last night (why it displayed a Canadian rating, I don't know, but that's how Emby sees it, which is totally cool). 

Tony Montana would have flourished in Montreal.

Cheesegeezer
9 hours ago, donaldblair said:

Oh! and FYI, just so you know, not all Canada ratings are recognized - I think they all start with a "C". So they don't play the appropriate MPAA slides - which are effectively the exact same as the Canadian ratings. I only noticed that when I played Scarface last night (why it displayed a Canadian rating, I don't know, but that's how Emby sees it, which is totally cool). 

Tony Montana would have flourished in Montreal.

Yeah i need to make the conditions much stricter for Ratings, this was an issue with US ratings where NR would be picked over R ratings. But it looks like you have confirmed my logic is a POS lol 😂

no need for donations or anything like that, it’s a hobby for me and I’m self taught coder, so I wouldn’t want any money for my novice coding. Just supporting Emby as a project is good enough for me.

cheers fella. 

• Thanks 1

Spaceboy
On 15/02/2022 at 22:45, Spaceboy said:

This all works really well for me apart from one issue. if i have VP set up like so, i only ever get trailers from my library, never from the online source. if i disable "trailers from my collection" i get online trailers.

image.thumb.png.6d4bdf49d81ba82fdbe4cc3b99b890f1.png

ideally, what i would like is a "coming soon" bumper and a couple of trailers from online sources followed by a "from your collection" bumper followed by a couple of local trailers. but i'd settle for at least a mixture of online and local for now

Hi - any chance of this being revisited? cheers

Cheesegeezer
50 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

Hi - any chance of this being revisited? cheers

& @Sammy 

I’m putting all other projects on hold at the minute and will dedicate time to this, this week.  Just got carried away with Iridium. 

keep your eyes open, I’ll post dome dll’s here for testing before releasing to the catalog 

• Thanks 2

Sammy
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

& @Sammy 

I’m putting all other projects on hold at the minute and will dedicate time to this, this week.  Just got carried away with Iridium. 

keep your eyes open, I’ll post dome dll’s here for testing before releasing to the catalog 

I know you're doing several at once with intro skip too. Thanks for all your doing to advance Emby! The basic codec intros plugin works so maybe @Luke can assist you with it?

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, Sammy said:

I know you're doing several at once with intro skip too. Thanks for all your doing to advance Emby! The basic codec intros plugin works so maybe @Luke can assist you with it?

It’s embyServer.dll that is causing it to crash now with the codecs.

@Luke is there any new methods or changes to get the Mediastreams from current playing video i should be aware of. C# this is. 

thanks

6 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

It’s embyServer.dll that is causing it to crash now with the codecs.

@Luke is there any new methods or changes to get the Mediastreams from current playing video i should be aware of. C# this is. 

thanks

It should all be in the session object

Cheesegeezer
37 minutes ago, Luke said:

It should all be in the session object

Ok thanks. And thats still good for intros? I’ve probably done a typo or returning the wrong object during a tidy up last patch lol 😂 

8 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ok thanks. And thats still good for intros? I’ve probably done a typo or returning the wrong object during a tidy up last patch lol 😂 

Yes it is.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
On 02/05/2022 at 20:19, Luke said:

Yes it is.

Hi Luke, something has changed with something recently in the core.  So i'm getting the MediaStreams from the video object.  Is there any updated to how ffmpeg or ffprobe is working?

If nothing has changed and I'm using older versions from the plugin store (current is 1.0.0.6), but i use a 1.0.0.0 or 1.0.0.2  which i know was working fine for codecs and they are failing also.  I'm really at a loss.

Here is the error in the ServerLog.....

2022-05-04 19:50:30.267 Debug Server: http/1.1 GET http://‌‍‍localhost‌:8096/emby/Users/0b5c75352b49432fb380fd239f7a7984/Items/8/Intros?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=739526d4-32a9-4ee6-a3e6-7bfe1b71668a&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.36. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.41 Safari/537.36
2022-05-04 19:50:30.281 Info App: VANTAGE POINT: Enable intros = True
2022-05-04 19:50:30.292 Info App: VANTAGE POINT:Courtesy video found is Don't Talk PSA _ CAPTAIN MARVEL with Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson
2022-05-04 19:50:30.293 Info App: VANTAGE POINT:Coming Soon Bumpers video found is Intro coming soon
2022-05-04 19:50:30.293 Info App: VANTAGE POINT:Coming Soon Bumpers video found is Coming Soon Shine
2022-05-04 19:50:30.294 Info App: VANTAGE POINT:Feature Presentation Bumpers video found is CocaCola_Feature_Presentation
2022-05-04 19:50:30.294 Info App: VANTAGE POINT:Countdown video found is Countdown1
2022-05-04 19:50:30.294 Info App: VANTAGE POINT: Movie certification is GB-15
2022-05-04 19:50:30.294 Info App: VANTAGE POINT: IMDB ID is tt10838180
2022-05-04 19:50:30.294 Info App: VANTAGE POINT: TMDB ID is 624860
2022-05-04 19:50:30.294 Info App: VANTAGE POINT: Movie Name is The Matrix Resurrections
2022-05-04 19:50:30.295 Info App: VANTAGE POINT:Certification video match is GB-15
2022-05-04 19:50:30.296 Error App: Error getting intros
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.36
	Command line: C:\Users\davey\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/davey/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: C:\Users\davey\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\davey\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0> MediaBrowser.Model.Extensions.LinqExtensions.DistinctBy(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0>, System.Func`2<!!0,!!1>, System.Collections.Generic.IEqualityComparer`1<!!1>)'.
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetMediaInfoIntros(VantagePointConfiguration options, BaseItem item)
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetResultForMovies(BaseItem item, IEnumerable`1 candidates, VantagePointConfiguration config)
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetIntros(BaseItem item, User user)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetIntros(IIntroProvider provider, BaseItem item, User user)
	Source: VantagePoint
	TargetSite: System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.IntroInfo] GetMediaInfoIntros(VPCode.VantagePoint.VantagePointConfiguration, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem)

To the community.  I can do an interim fix where i can just check the first available audio/video stream and then you we can match that from the library info.  or even just set it up like the other folders until